An Old School Catholic Message Board

American B4 Catholic

M.SIGGA

jrndveritatis

And how did Kennedy settle it, do you remember?

He assured the public that he would be an American FIRST, and a Catholic SECOND. Gotta love those Kennedy's....

Fortunately, he didn't then, and his family doesn't now, speak for this CATHOLIC FIRST American.

Heck yeah.

Another good motto which sums things up pretty well:

God, Country, Notre Dame.

Jack "Captain Haircut" Kennedy never actually had any authority to settle anything in the Catholic Church, but he ws one heck of a charmer, old Jack.

littleflower+JMJ

when i did a biography paper for my school history class on St. Thomas More, that was something that amazed me about him. even though he was one of the top official and the king's right hand man, his complete devotion to the Holy Mother Church never waivered.

St. Thomas More was one of the important defenders for the Catholic Church against Martin Luther and King Henry VII, he was known ase, "Defender of the Faith" since he stood up for the Church. and Although St. Thomas More was a loyal servant to the King of England (he was King Henry's chief advisor and very good friend) and was the only one the King trusted and liked, thats why he was made Chancellor (second only to the king himself), but the king thought making him chancellor would make him change his views but it didnt work.

anyways when it came down to bowing down to the King and recognizing him as superior to everything, even the catholic church, when the pope didn't grant him to divorce, St. Thomas More didn't yield.

i loved it when he spoke the words of, "I am the King's servant, but God's first"

he was beheaded because he failed to give in and sign the papers to Supremacy Act in November 1534 , and was kept in a tower away from his wife and children. he said, "I would rather go to my death than take an oath in vain." he was always sick from that cold prison and still continued to write letters for the church and to his family. he resigned when King Henry persisted with his views on marriage, etc.

he loved his country but when it came down to denying his faith, he did not back down.

I promised myself that I would fight for my True Church through these times of trouble. Martin Luther, ( I wrote a refutation of his doctrine), saw the Catholic Church, "through a pair of evil spectacles of ire and envy; he was prompted by the inch and tickling of vanity and vainglory". --st. thomas more

when he was set to died he was amazingly calm, heres the last part of my bio ;)

I wrote a letter to my Margaret the day before I was be beheaded. I wrote to my family, knowing somehow that God was in Control. I was convicted of defying the Supremacy Act in November 1534. I did talk to my executioner though. I was at peace because I knew God would not abandon me. He asked, "Are you not afraid to die?" I replied, "No because I am to go to Heaven with my Lord!" He then said, "Why are you so arrogant as to claim you are going to heaven?" "Because," I answered, "How can Jesus refuse someone so willing to go to Him?" I even had good humor at that time saying to the executioner, "Have no fear for my neck is short!" and saying, "It would be a shame if my long beard got cut off, for it did not commit treason." I was beheaded before the 9 o'clock hour. I was instantly proclaimed a saint to the cause of Catholicism. I was beatified in 1886 and canonized in 1935. Despite the sordidness of priests and popes, I believe that the Church is pure and spiritual and will not be corrupted by Martin Luther or Henry VIII. In the end, God in my life prevailed. I cared for the King than any other pope, but I truly, truly, LOVED my Church best of all. --Bio St. Thomas More

its a "I" research, which means i had to write a biography thru the eyes of St. Thomas More, which i did for my anti-catholic teacher, who LOVED IT!!

i keep it always, i learned alot from st. thomas more!! :D and his looking out for me and my education because the catholic church across from my college campus is st. thomas more's catholic church!! :P

so he did serve his country faithfully, he did alot for his country that he loved so very much to make it for the better good, (such as changing the laws to be in English instead of Latin so that people can read it and know because during the King Henry's reign 12,000 people were put to death for theft )

so he did so much for his country by his talents and writings, and was faithful to the King, but he always put his faith and family first and did it all while defending and living out his Catholic faith being loyal to God!!! ^_^