Jump to content
Join our Facebook Group ×
An Old School Catholic Message Board

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

newlyweds, love that show

plus there christians

plus nicks from cinci

plus jessicas beautiful :rolling:

Edited by Guest
Mrs. Bro. Adam
Posted

They claim to be Christians, but their public life and styles would suggest otherwise :unsure:

Posted

They claim to be Christians, but their public life and styles would suggest otherwise :unsure:

not that i dont sorta agree

but how so would u say ??

jus curious

Posted

I don't know much about them, and have only seen a clip of the show. (It's probably not something I would watch.) However, I do know that Jessica Simpson used to be a Christian singer and then went secular (for the $, I'm assuming). She's done a spread in Maxim. And in the clip I saw, she spent $1400 on some sheets. $1400, when she could have gotten some really nice ones for $100 and given that money to the poor. (Though even $100 is too pricey for me!)

Not my idea of a Christian!

Are you from Cinci? My husband and I are from the Cinci area. :)

God bless. :)

Mrs. Bro. Adam
Posted

not that i dont sorta agree

but how so would u say ??

jus curious

Mainly the clothing that they wear

They always seem to be quite open with sexuality.

Posted

ya i agree with alot of what your saying.........at least they have faith though, better then alot of people, although, if u have faith, it should show by your actions

(thats a problem i have way to often -_- )

im not from cinci, but my friend goes down to college there,

thats cool your from cinci though :) u a bengals fan ?? almost made it this year :P

God Bless

and much love

Theologian in Training
Posted

I don't know much about them, and have only seen a clip of the show.  (It's probably not something I would watch.)  However, I do know that Jessica Simpson used to be a Christian singer and then went secular (for the $, I'm assuming).  She's done a spread in Maxim.  And in the clip I saw, she spent $1400 on some sheets.  $1400, when she could have gotten some really nice ones for $100 and given that money to the poor.  (Though even $100 is too pricey for me!)

Not my idea of a Christian!

Are you from Cinci?  My husband and I are from the Cinci area.  :)

God bless.  :)

I was watching some show about Jessica Simpson, that had her mom, dad, sister, friends, co-workers, etc. Apparently, the reason she did not stick with a Christian label, is because, try as they might, they could not make her look less "pretty" and all of the Christian labels thought it would be sinful having someone so "developed" singing on a Christian label. In essence, they did not want to entice their listeners with sex appeal. According to her parents, they tried many different Christian labels because but were rejected because, according to them, she was too "pretty" and "developed."

I should probably watch things more substantial, I know, but it was a boring day, and I think I was really tired or sick that day.

God Bless

IcePrincessKRS
Posted

I do the same thing, Theo!

Also, she did have a deal at one point with a Christian label headed by a man her father knew, but just before her CD was release the company folded and it never came out. Going secular was a last resort, apparently.

Theologian in Training
Posted

I do the same thing, Theo!

Also, she did have a deal at one point with a Christian label headed by a man her father knew, but just before her CD was release the company folded and it never came out. Going secular was a last resort, apparently.

You obviously were watching the same thing as me :)

Posted

watch the VH1 special on Jessica Simpson.

she came from a Chrisitan background, wanted to minister through her music, the Christian labels were afraid of her because she is so beautiful (honestly), so she went secular and it looks like she left Jesus behind.

but i hope i'm wrong.

Posted (edited)

watch the VH1 special on Jessica Simpson.

she came from a Chrisitan background, wanted to minister through her music, the Christian labels were afraid of her because she is so beautiful (honestly), so she went secular and it looks like she left Jesus behind.

but i hope i'm wrong.

i think you might be ???

i could be wrong though

i think she still cares, and i think jesus is still in her heart

i hope her music shows that though, i feel ya on how though it could look as if she left the king behind......but then again.....when u watch her, theres that sincerity that you see in her, like of a child lol that sounds gay lol but seriously, i think they are honestly tryen to have a respectable marriage, and be role models to a generation of people, who have comepletly forgotten Christ, and who dont belive in him or acknowlege him....but ya i pray they get the message out, becuz her ministry is her music and her show right now, and there are so many people starveing for someting they can find thats real, so hopefully they can conveigh that to a nation thats totally lost now-a-days :(

Edited by Guest
Posted

the reason i said she hasnt left him behind is becuz i look at my life, and keepen it real, i cuss, i drink, even get drunk sometimes, i look at gurls wrong sometimes, so many sins i commit, so many, sins that i am working on elimateing from my life, dont get me wrong, and sometimes i feel so low, and i cry, and i talk to my Lord, and i feel so renewed after this happens, and so me feeling this, i Know my Father still has compasion on me, and still loves me as a son through all my downfalls.....and its so easy to judge, and in a sence, i think christains should judge these christains, who claim they are of the faith, and go on tv and give there lifes for the masses to see.........so ya, i really do feel that they need to step it up a bit, and my prayers are with them, i pray that God is gonna use them in some way to brings souls to the kingdom, im jus happy they confess Christ, cuz the world we live in today hates christ, its sickneing, people dont like Christ, they think hes a joke, and they make a mockery of him, and i know God is gonna be liften up all sorts of people to profess his name, and let them know that he is real and that he is liveing, but the irony of this is, that Jesus says on that day, that many will come to him and say look at the works i did in your name, and he will tell them, depart from me you evil do'ers, i never knew you, o my goshhhhhhhhhhh that is one of the realest line in the scriptures to me.......it jus goes to show you cant fool the GOD, and in these last days, there will be some who try to do that, thats a scary thing

Posted (edited)

do u know

for you i'd bleed myself dry

i know you know i love you so

you i love you so much

i swam across

i jumped across for you

o wut a thing to do

wut a thing to do

becuz you were all yellow

Edited by Guest
IcePrincessKRS
Posted

You obviously were watching the same thing as me :)

:) Apparently!

hyperdulia again
Posted

Can Christians not have nice things or enjoy making love to their spouses.

Posted

Can Christians not have nice things or enjoy making love to their spouses.

word up momma

i agree

im'a supporter of the simpsons

cuz im such a sinner thats so not worthy of Gods grace on my life

and yet he still loves me, prayer is wut i offer to'em

love ya'll

Posted

Mainly the clothing that they wear

They always seem to be quite open with sexuality.

well they ARE married to eachother ;)

for what its worth, Jessica (maybe nick too? dont know) abstained until marriage, they showed part of their wedding on the very 1st episode and the minister had spoke about how she kept a promise to God to remain this way until marriage.

Ive also seen Jessica with a "Jesus is my Homeboy" shirt :-D

littleflower+JMJ
Posted

if i was jessica, i would have cared less about a ankle bracelet.

its all about the HUMMER BABY!!

:rolling: :sweat:

Posted

I think the show is cool.

I think Jessica is fire. Or rather, Ice Cold.

I think what's his face is really down to earth and normal.

I like that she's kinda ditzy and earthy.

I like that he fixes things rather than hires people.

I like that they like to have sex with each other.

I like that the world gets to see two Christians liver their lives.

I pray that they will continue to be good models.

And if 1400 dollar sheets are like 100 dollar sheets to her, I don't begrudge her . . . whatever, I wish I could buy $1400 sheets.

Posted

All I can say is that she had better learn the difference between chicken and tuna before the next Friday in Lent!!!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...