An Old School Catholic Message Board

Promises To Those Who Recite The Rosary

Ellenita

The promises of Mary to Christians who recite the rosary are amazing. What do you think is meant by the last one though;

'Devotion of my rosary is a great sign of predestination.'

Here's what Our Lady's Warriors site (www.ourladyswarriors.org) has to say:

Predestination in this context means that, by the sign which is present to a person from the action of devoutly praying the Rosary, God has pre-ordained your salvation. Absolute certainty of salvation can only be truly known if God reveals it to a person because, although we are given sufficient Grace during life, our salvation depends upon our response to said Grace. (See Summa Theologica, Question 23 for a detailed theological explanation). Said another way, if God has guaranteed a person's salvation but has not revealed it to Him, God would want that person to pray the Rosary because of all the benefits and Graces obtained. Therefore the person gets a hint by devotion to the Rosary. This is not to say that praying the Rosary guarantees salvation - by no means. In looking at promises #3 and #4 above, praying the Rosary helps one to live a holy life, which is itself a great sign that a soul is on the road to salvation. (See also paragraphs 381, 488, 600, 2782 in the Catechism of the Catholic Church.) In fact, St. Louis de Montfort says even more strongly that "an infallible and unmistakable sign by which we can distinguish a heretic, a man of false doctrine, an enemy of God, from one of God's true friends is that the hardened sinner and heretic show nothing but contempt and indifference to Our Lady..." [True Devotion to Mary, #30]

She means be strong in the FAITH that you are going to paradise with the Saints. Those promises are beautiful. Stay true to the rosary and spread it's devotion as much as possible(when God wills it.). Remember promise #12!!! Pax Christi.

Knowing your Mother is a precursor to knowing your Father and Brother!

The closer you come to Mary, who submitted entirely to the Will of the Father, the better equipped you will find yourself to submit to the will of the Father.

The closer you come to Mary, the more directly you you find her Divine Son.

The closer you come to Mary, who conceived of the Holy Ghost, the more your own soul will "rejoice in God, my Savior."

Pax Christi. <><

Edited by Anna

Say Rosary > Works > Increased chance of salvation < not biblical.

Negates the RED LETTERS.

Kilroy the Ninja

Say Rosary > Works > Increased chance of salvation < not biblical.

Negates the RED LETTERS.

So what if it's not biblical? What does that have to do with anything?

You know Bruce, if you knew anything about the Catholic Church you would know that a devotion to Mary is NOT REQUIRED.

You know Bruce, if you knew anything about the Catholic Church you would know that a devotion to Mary is NOT REQUIRED.

Noted.

I'm into PRACTICE, remember that about me, I don't get overly impressed with the paperwork that Catholics are so enamored with, if it is WIDELY AND UNIVERSALLY DONE, it is real, and reality is where I'm centered.

Find a Catholic who doesn't "Do the Rosary" and it will not BE a good Catholic.

Mary is elevated, venerated, and .... dare we even note it....

Nah. Why bother?

Bruce,

The day you decide to strengthen your relationship with Mary, is the day that you'll grow closer to Christ.

God bless.

My "relationship" with Mary, is EXACTLY the "relationship" I have with every other person mentioned in Acts.

They all had a role, they fulfilled it, they were dutiful in what God ordained for them.

Period.

My relationship is with God/Jesus/Holy Spirit, not with the glorious - DEAD NOW - Saints [they were saints while alive/not super saints afterwards]

Understand, I TAKE NOT ONE WHIT *AWAY FROM* Mary here, nor do I wish to ELEVATE either.

My "relationship" with Mary, is EXACTLY the "relationship" I have with every other person mentioned in Acts.

They all had a role, they fulfilled it, they were dutiful in what God ordained for them.

Period.

My relationship is with God/Jesus/Holy Spirit, not with the glorious - DEAD NOW - Saints [they were saints while alive/not super saints afterwards]

Understand, I TAKE NOT ONE WHIT *AWAY FROM* Mary here, nor do I wish to ELEVATE either.

"Dead saints" are alive in Christ! Getting to know them doesn't take away from your relationship with God. But ignoring them can definitely do so, as it's not exactly honoring God to ignore them or show contempt for them as you've been doing repeatedly.

I'm assuming this means you do not have a relationship with her, which is sad.

I have a best friend, and when I met his mom, my relationship with him only grew stronger. After I met the rest of his family, it grew even stronger. Once I got to know his family, they started to make me feel like I was part of his family, which only made our friendship grow even stronger.

It's exactly the same with Christ. Mary and the saints magnify my relationship with HIM, whom I love above all things.

I don't believe that people in heaven are dead.

And by implying that our love for Mary and the saints subtracts from our love of Christ is absurd. Does your love for your biological mother subtract from your love of Christ?

Understand,  I TAKE NOT ONE WHIT *AWAY FROM* Mary here, nor do I wish to ELEVATE either.

So God elevated her, but you don't? Do you not try to follow the example of Jesus Christ? Is Jesus Christ not God?

My original statement stands. It's not an argument. The day you decide to strengthen your relationship with Mary, is the day that you'll grow closer to Christ.

hyperdulia again

Kilroy a devotion to Mary is indeed required. The level, nature, emotionalism of that devotion is another matter however.

Not everyone is called to be like me, absolutely and completely enamored with the Mother of God, her little Slave of Love, but all are required to hold her hand on occaision and their is no relationship with Christ in which Mary is not present.

Kilroy the Ninja

Hyper, an acknowledgement of Mary's role as the Mother of God, Queen of Heaven and spiritual mother of the faithful is required. A devotion to her is not. Which is not to say that I don't have one, it's just not required.

Bruce - you never answered my question as to what any of this had to do with being biblical.

Bruce - you never answered my question as to what any of this had to do with being biblical.

I honor those who were stalwart hero's in the faith. As much as you do. However, my prayers are exclusively directed toward God and mediated by Jesus. I feel that is what was commanded.