An Old School Catholic Message Board

Personal Question

let_go_let_God

My birthday is consistently on Easter, Good Friday, Holy Thursday or Saturday... and almost always during A) lent or B) exams.

It's wild-crazy.

But this year I'm all good cause of early easter and I'm not in school!!! wohoo.

As much as it seems to be a bummer, I don't think that a birthday overrules the fasting and abstinence of the day. I'd offer it up as a sacrifice and celebrate the next day.

Agreed

[quote name='Cathoholic Anonymous' post='1195770' date='Feb 15 2007, 09:42 AM']
My birthday is on March 12th, which means that it is going to fall in Lent for the next thirty years or so. Pah. This year it falls conveniently on a Monday, so I will just celebrate the day before.
[/quote]

I'm on March 11th...same thing. Although this year it is convieniently on a Sunday

:)

homeschoolmom

[quote name='Rod' post='1195818' date='Feb 15 2007, 10:16 AM']
As much as it seems to be a bummer, I don't think that a birthday overrules the fasting and abstinence of the day. I'd offer it up as a sacrifice and celebrate the next day.
Agreed
[/quote]
Though I don't suppose there's anything that says she couldn't have a little wine with her mini-meal? :idontknow:

let_go_let_God

[quote name='Azriel' post='1195795' date='Feb 15 2007, 09:03 AM']
I not only have a lenten birthday - but I have a leap year birthday.

Double whammy!!!
[/quote]

So by leap years how old are you?

Anyway, I'm sure all of my thoughts on this have been just uber temptations by the devil and I just want to make sure that if I do something, I'm not doing something wrong. I mean our college group is throwing a Fat Tuesday party but also I think that I might just not do anything. It's still about a week away, I can still think about what I might do. Cest la vie. Thank you for all of your thoughts thus far.

God bless-
LGLG

cmotherofpirl

Either celebrate Maundy Tuesday with your drivers license in hand and beg for mercy :D: or wait til the following Sunday. My birthday is Monday so I do understand, Lent interferes almost every year.
Now Az, God bless you, has a double whammy. :D:

[quote name='God Conquers' post='1195799' date='Feb 15 2007, 10:05 AM']
My birthday is consistently on Easter, Good Friday, Holy Thursday or Saturday... and almost always during A) lent or B) exams.

It's wild-crazy.

But this year I'm all good cause of early easter and I'm not in school!!! wohoo.
[/quote]

Tax day too. ;)

[quote name='let_go_let_God' post='1195828' date='Feb 15 2007, 11:23 AM']
So by leap years how old are you?

Anyway, I'm sure all of my thoughts on this have been just uber temptations by the devil and I just want to make sure that if I do something, I'm not doing something wrong. I mean our college group is throwing a Fat Tuesday party but also I think that I might just not do anything. It's still about a week away, I can still think about what I might do. Cest la vie. Thank you for all of your thoughts thus far.

God bless-
LGLG
[/quote]

Well, in leap year birthday's, I'm 8. I get my next real birthday in 2008 - I'll be nine. I'll let you figure out the math on how old I really am.

I'm sure you'll do the right thing. ^_^

let_go_let_God

[quote name='Azriel' post='1196056' date='Feb 15 2007, 12:27 PM']
Well, in leap year birthday's, I'm 8. I get my next real birthday in 2008 - I'll be nine. I'll let you figure out the math on how old I really am.

I'm sure you'll do the right thing. ^_^
[/quote]

Ah so you're going to be 21 just like me!

God bless-
LGLG