An Old School Catholic Message Board

Cardinal George...

Piccoli Fiori JMJ

[quote name='FutureNunJMJ' post='1197675' date='Feb 17 2007, 03:27 AM']I want to say Luke... but I cannot really recall his name... he was very friendly and on the tall side (I'm 5'3") and had blonde hair... And I think he was actually the only one... :D:
That is pretty neat that you were there too :)
Did you come to the 'after-party'?[/quote]
It was probably Jacob. Yeah, I was at the after party but I did not stay for long.

JMJ
2/17 - Servite Fathers

Cardinal George rocks my socks off. He usually speaks/says Mass at the seminary three or four times a quarter, and he's got a CREEPY knack for remembering names. He remembered a priest friend of mine by name when they had not seen each other in five years or so.

And yeah, he's pretty short...but look at a picture of the conclave that elected Benedikt XVI sometime. Cardinal George practically towers over three-quarters of the College. I'm pretty sure there's a maximum height for being a cardinal. :P:

Piccoli Fiori JMJ

A Picture! (Basically proof...)

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v359/LausTibiChriste/Catholic/DSCF0725.jpg[/img]

I just got it in the mail today!

[quote name='FutureNunJMJ' post='1196789' date='Feb 16 2007, 01:18 AM']By the time I met the Cardinal, he was trying to work his way out to leave and the introduction was brief.[/quote]

He probably leaves earlier since he had his bout with illness last year. I remember a few years ago he gave a talk at
St. Mary of the Angels....he made himself available for one-on-one talk, and he it must have been after 11 PM when he left!

He is also very plain spoken and blunt, which I personally like. Maybe because he grew up about a mile from where I grew up on the NW side.