An Old School Catholic Message Board

Long Distance Romance

avemaria40

Hey, I posted awhile ago that I have a long-distance boyfriend. I'm just missing him right now, and was wondering if anyone was in the same boat?

[quote name='hot stuff' post='1199986' date='Feb 18 2007, 09:31 PM']No I really don't miss your boyfriend that much
I'm sure he's a swell guy though[/quote]

lol :lol_roll: I mean, anyone in a long distance romance and missing their significant others?

[quote name='Socrates' post='1200016' date='Feb 18 2007, 08:47 PM']I've been in a number of "distance-relationships" via Catholic online dating. None have worked out.[/quote]

That was helpful

Birgitta Noel

My husband lives 3 hours away. :idontknow: We talk on the phone. I send him cards. We send news articles we found interesting. And we miss each other. It can't be helped.

[quote name='The Little Way' post='1200092' date='Feb 18 2007, 11:20 PM']My husband lives 3 hours away. :idontknow: We talk on the phone. I send him cards. We send news articles we found interesting. And we miss each other. It can't be helped.[/quote]
what's the deal with your situation? :unsure:

Thy Geekdom Come

My fiancee and I spent the first 11 months of our relationship apart, then were together for 4 months, then were apart for another 4 months, then were together for another 4, then apart for one, and now are currently together again. Before we get married, we'll have another 4 months apart because of school.

It's tough.

homeschoolmom

My husband and I spent pretty much our entire engagement apart. And we spent the first 6-months of our marriage apart (highly don't recommend this-- but in our case, it couldn't be helped). It smells of elderberries.

Ash Wednesday

Um, yeah, I've been in a LDR for 4 and a half years. You heard me. We've been through a lot of uncertainties and crossroads in our relationship. Neither of us thought we would last this long. And yes, we DO have a plan. :rolleyes:

Edited by Ash Wednesday

I have been in a LDR too due to study and work. It lasted 3 years. Now the relationship has been over for 2 years, thank God. It was a tough time but was really meaningful and fruitful - at least it helped us think seriously about our relationship and we realised that it wasn't meant to be. So we split up. Doesn't mean, yours will be the same. I will pray for you, so that you will have enough strength and courage to go through this hard time and wait for your re-union with expectant joy :)

[quote name='hot stuff' post='1199986' date='Feb 19 2007, 03:31 AM'][b]No I really don't miss your boyfriend that much[/b]I'm sure he's a swell guy though[/quote]

:lol_roll:

[quote name='hot stuff' post='1199986' date='Feb 19 2007, 03:31 AM'][b]No I really don't miss your boyfriend that much[/b]I'm sure he's a swell guy though[/quote]

:lol_roll: