An Old School Catholic Message Board

Long Distance Romance

avemaria40

CoffeeCatholic

Yeah, my boyfriend might be moving back to Denver to finish his degree in the fall... I really don't look forward to it (seeing as we live literally a block apart right now, it'll be a big change- I'm in Virginia btw). We've been together about a year and a half, so that'll be helpful, and he's moving back to get his degree in order to be ready for marriage, but somehow that's still not enough consolation.

I really wish someone would invent teleporation right now! that would be so useful!

Thy Geekdom Come

[quote name='homeschoolmom' post='1200349' date='Feb 19 2007, 11:15 AM']My husband and I spent pretty much our entire engagement apart. And we spent the first 6-months of our marriage apart (highly don't recommend this-- but in our case, it couldn't be helped). It smells of elderberries.[/quote]
I can't imagine spending the first six months of marriage apart. Jen and I get tense when we spend a week apart.

I'm definitely getting to understand more and more how deep the desire for union really goes, though.

i'm apart from my hubby during the summer months (May through Sept.). it stinks. i post here, complaining about it a lot. i talk to family and friends a lot.

but this year, he might not go because of baby! :D:

homeschoolmom

[quote name='Raphael' post='1200726' date='Feb 19 2007, 05:50 PM']I can't imagine spending the first six months of marriage apart. Jen and I get tense when we spend a week apart.

I'm definitely getting to understand more and more how deep the desire for union really goes, though.[/quote]
Well, technically it wasn't the first six months. It was months 2-7. And we were close enough to visit on weekends... which was really weird since we'd visited on weekends throughout our engagement... but now we were married. :blush: Aside from that, it was a horribly misserable time for me... :(

Thy Geekdom Come

[quote name='homeschoolmom' post='1200786' date='Feb 19 2007, 07:19 PM']Well, technically it wasn't the first six months. It was months 2-7. And we were close enough to visit on weekends... which was really weird since we'd visited on weekends throughout our engagement... but now we were married. :blush: Aside from that, it was a horribly misserable time for me... :([/quote]
I can imagine what that must have been like. Especially being together for visits and probably having to stop and think before realizing, "oh, yeah...we're married now...it's okay." :lol_roll:

homeschoolmom

[quote name='Raphael' post='1200790' date='Feb 19 2007, 06:21 PM']I can imagine what that must have been like. Especially being together for visits and probably having to stop and think before realizing, "oh, yeah...we're married now...it's okay." :lol_roll:[/quote]
:saint:

theodoric.nowak

I met my GF online awhile ago and we started going out this past summer. She's the best thing to ever have happened to me... the best thing ever to have happened to me... :idontknow: She's so awesome she's BOTH of those sentences! :D:

My best friend and I went to rival schools. 15min apart. no big deal, we were considering going to the same school (St. Thomas) in similar fields (her in surgical, me in diagnostics) I went on active duty for 2 years and I got very injuried. When I came back she helped me recover, by then I decided to go into ministry, and she accepted an offer for exercise phys in another state. So we spent the last 3 years in different states, but I would drive to see her multiple times a month (I trashed a nice car putting tons of miles on it) we are married now so it is awesome seeing her everyday, but she has her clinicals (like grey's anatomy, but not surgical) and I have my internship and biz. So we dont see each other much. But Distance makes you develop other parts of your relationship. Anyone can be in love and devoted to someone sitting next to them. BEing passionate and commited to someone in another state is true love.