An Old School Catholic Message Board

Gone For Lent

Era Might

[quote name='Katholikos' post='1200614' date='Feb 19 2007, 02:40 PM']Beginning Ash Wednesday, I'm going to watch [i]The Passion of Christ,[/i] deny myself the pleasure of posting, start some serious reading, limit TV to EWTN, and put myself on a soup diet. :sadder:[/quote]
but we just got you back! :weep:

I had decided to do the random things different days again. Phatmass/message boards/myspace,etc is one of them, but it wont be every day. There are a couple permanent things I will do along side of this.. like trying not to cuss/swear, live the present moment, and as odd as this might sound.. just plain. getting out more! I will be doing some sacrificial things, yes. but, just doing something like.. going to an ice rink more often.. or.. whatever I come up with as lent goes along.. Is certainly going to be good spiritually for me personally :) to just.. try to be more.. outgoing and not bottle myself up as much.

Edited by Tony

[quote name='Lil Red' post='1200709' date='Feb 19 2007, 06:41 PM']that sounds good tony :D: i don't know what i'll be able to do but i will do something good i'm sure![/quote]

I know what you will do.. have a baby!!! :D:

cmotherofpirl

[quote name='Katholikos' post='1200614' date='Feb 19 2007, 05:40 PM']Beginning Ash Wednesday, I'm going to watch [i]The Passion of Christ,[/i] deny myself the pleasure of posting, start some serious reading, limit TV to EWTN, and put myself on a soup diet. :sadder:[/quote]
NO no no no no :weep:

catholimaniac

I was going to give up posting on interdenominational forums for more meaningful posts on the two Catholic boards I hang out on. Looks like it's going to be a little lonely around here. :(

[quote name='cmotherofpirl' post='1200847' date='Feb 19 2007, 07:58 PM']Instead of giving up phatmass for Lent, why do you pick a topic in the Defense Directory and read an entie subject?[/quote]

I don't know CMom . . . they'll still have regular homework (or work work) to do . . . PhatCatholic stuffed some of those topics pretty full . . . maybe "an entire subject" OR the first 40 entries, whichever comes first . . .

Yup. I'm giving it up. Starting at 7am on Wednesday. I had to come back tonight to say goodbye and post on a couple things. But, yea, I'm gonna leave for the rest of Lent and only come back if I have a personal message waiting. :(

xTrishaxLynnx

[quote name='Lil Red' post='1200709' date='Feb 19 2007, 05:41 PM']that sounds good tony :D: i don't know what i'll be able to do but i will do something good i'm sure![/quote]

You're having a baby... you're probably giving up sleep for Lent, or at least uninterrupted sleep. :pinch:

xTrishaxLynnx

I thought about giving up phatmass, and I probably could have given up [i]posting[/i] here, but I've learned so much here and I continue to learn more everytime I'm on, so I don't think it would be a good idea to give it up completely.