An Old School Catholic Message Board

What Kind Of Barbie Did You Have?

Ash Wednesday

Piccoli Fiori JMJ

I had a lot and they are probably still in my house in the basement... Along with all the Barbie cars... houses... little accessories (minus the ones eaten by the dog/cat/vacuum). I was spoiled. I only drew on my My little ponies... I felt they needed more makeup...

[quote]i had a few, but i hated them so i'd rip off their limbs and then color on them with sharpie[/quote]

Now that explains the photograph

i had knock-off barbies. we couldn't afford the real ones. then my mom stopped buying them for me because i would cut their hair and be mean to them.

xTrishaxLynnx

I can't remember what barbies I had. I think that's mostly because they all looked the same when I was done with them: Naked and limbless. Often headless, as well. I had no use for them whatsoever. Eventually my family figured that out, but not til tens of barbies were tortured.

cmotherofpirl

[img]http://s8.photobucket.com/albums/a5/cmom/EDITbubble.jpg[/img]I was very nice to my Barbie, got her in 1963, she was the first of the brown short haired ones. She was all decked out in orange.

homeschoolmom

[quote name='Ash Wednesday' post='1203654' date='Feb 23 2007, 07:35 PM']This thread has turned out to be far more disturbing than I expected. :mellow:[/quote]
Yeah, me too... scary.

[quote name='cmotherofpirl' post='1203658' date='Feb 23 2007, 07:40 PM']I was very nice to my Barbie, got her in 1963, she was the first of the brown short haired ones. She was all decked out in orange.[/quote]
Mine was the first to have bent arms. I also had a bunch of wigs. Now [i]that [/i]was attractive!

I think Barbies were theraputic. You could relieve your tentions on them. Boys could torture their little sisters and their friends in proxy - using the Barbie. So cool