An Old School Catholic Message Board

Ash Wednesday

Didymus

We have a huge thing of delicious leftover spaghetti-and-meat-sauce in the fridge. Why, Mom, why?

We need a smilie for meat lust...

cathoholic_anonymous

No cravings yet. :saint: During Mass I prayed the 'lead us not into temptation' with extra fervour - I am a real weakling at heart.

Groo the Wanderer

John Smith was the only Protestant to move into a large Catholic neighborhood. On the first Friday of Lent, John was outside grilling a big juicy steak on his grill.

Meanwhile, all of his neighbors were eating cold tuna fish for supper. This went on each Friday of Lent. On the last Friday of Lent, the neighborhood men got together and decided that something had to be done about John. He was tempting them to eat meat each Friday of Lent, and they couldn't take it anymore.

They decided to try and convert John to Catholicism.

They went over and talked to him. John decided to join all of his neighbors and become a Catholic, which made them all very happy.

They took him to church, and the priest sprinkled some water over him, and said, "You were born a Baptist, you were raised a Baptist, and now you are a Catholic."

The men were so relieved, now their biggest Lenten temptation was resolved.

The next year's Lenten season rolled around. The first Friday of Lent came, and, just at supper time, when the neighborhood was settling down to their cold tuna fish dinner, the smell of steak cooking on a grill came wafting into their homes. The neighborhood men could not believe their noses! WHAT WAS GOING ON?

They called each other up and decided to meet over in John's yard to see if he had forgotten it was the first Friday of Lent. The group arrived just in time to see John standing over his grill with a small pitcher of water. He was sprinkling some water over his steak on the grill, saying, "You were born a cow, you were raised a cow, and now you are a fish."

Here at the office yesterday, I put out some Swiss chocolates and cookies for Mardi Gras. This morning, I found them hidden behind some reams of paper in the bookcase. Heehee! :lol_roll:

A Protestant boy marries a Catholic girl and then decides to become Catholic. After he does, however, he cannot remember that he is no longer a Protestant. So he asks the priest what to do and the priest told him to continuously repeat, "I'm a Catholic, not a Protestant, I'm a Catholic, not a Protestant." It ends up working. So, one Friday night of Lent, the priest ends up visiting the couple in their home. Yet from the kitchen, he smells something that should not be prepared in a Catholic household on a Lenten Friday. To his horror, the husband comes out holding a plate of roast beef and gravy, saying, "You're a trout, not a cow, you're a trout, not a cow..."

[quote name='Didymus' post='1201656' date='Feb 21 2007, 11:26 AM']I could really really go for some meat-lovers pizza right now... :smokey:[/quote]

Aggh! Don't mention that! La la la la, I can't hear you...

(If you couldn't tell, I gave up meat for Lent. Pray for me.)

I got brought home a fliet-o-fish from McDs.. which Ifelt compelled to eat out of charity.. I already had some Perogies earlier in the day... maybe this is good for me though since I am underweight. the fast I did undertake was very.. liberating I Guess O:-) helped me pray.

homeschoolmom

[quote name='stargirl3:16' post='1202121' date='Feb 21 2007, 09:28 PM']Aggh! Don't mention that! La la la la, I can't hear you...

(If you couldn't tell, I gave up meat for Lent. Pray for me.)[/quote]
Pepperoni is almost not meat.

Everything was hectic for us all day today, and on the way to mass, as we pull into the lot and my wife gets really sick. Very sick. it was weird, so we went home and were not able to attend mass.She has her clinicals right now and I think the stress, no sleep and low blood sugar all day got to her..:'(