An Old School Catholic Message Board

Ash Wednesday

Didymus

xTrishaxLynnx

[quote name='homeschoolmom' post='1202128' date='Feb 21 2007, 09:32 PM']I actually like Filet O'fish... without tartar sauce. Mmmmm...[/quote]

Gah! How can you even eat it without some sort of sauce or something on it... I like the sandwich, but I dunno if I could eat it without the tartar sauce. :pinch:

[quote name='stargirl3:16' post='1202121' date='Feb 21 2007, 09:28 PM']Aggh! Don't mention that! La la la la, I can't hear you...

(If you couldn't tell, I gave up meat for Lent. Pray for me.)[/quote]

:( my bad

i'll pray for you

[quote name='Revprodeji' post='1202131' date='Feb 21 2007, 10:37 PM']Everything was hectic for us all day today, and on the way to mass, as we pull into the lot and my wife gets really sick. Very sick. it was weird, so we went home and were not able to attend mass.She has her clinicals right now and I think the stress, no sleep and low blood sugar all day got to her..:'([/quote]

That's too bad. I hope she's not fasting! She gets on my prayer list for tonight :)

The hard part is trying to add everything up and determine whether it constitutes more than two normal full meals.... (that is the benchmark for fast days).

Edited by Norseman82

And to add insult to injury, this is the week all the girl scout cookies are coming in from the people who hit me up at work!

[quote name='Norseman82' post='1202144' date='Feb 21 2007, 08:45 PM']And to add insult to injury, this is the week all the girl scout cookies are coming in from the people who hit me up at work![/quote]
No kidding!!!

Since I moved I managed to escape all the Girl Scout regulars. I thought I was in the clear, then the other day as I was grabbing coffee in the cafeteria at school, I saw a bunch of girl scouts dragging a table and boxes of cookies into a spot in the hall.

Thankfully I never have cash ... so I should be able to avoid temptation.

[quote name='Terra Firma' post='1202148' date='Feb 21 2007, 10:51 PM']No kidding!!!
Since I moved I managed to escape all the Girl Scout regulars. I thought I was in the clear, then the other day as I was grabbing coffee in the cafeteria at school, I saw a bunch of girl scouts dragging a table and boxes of cookies into a spot in the hall.

Thankfully I never have cash ... so I should be able to avoid temptation.[/quote]

Clearly they are stalking you.

[quote name='Maggie' post='1202138' date='Feb 21 2007, 09:40 PM']That's too bad. I hope she's not fasting! She gets on my prayer list for tonight :)[/quote]

We both were...that was the problem. I am hypoglycimic so I snack still. :D

Piccoli Fiori JMJ

[quote name='Revprodeji' post='1202131' date='Feb 21 2007, 08:37 PM']Everything was hectic for us all day today, and on the way to mass, as we pull into the lot and my wife gets really sick. Very sick. it was weird, so we went home and were not able to attend mass.She has her clinicals right now and I think the stress, no sleep and low blood sugar all day got to her..:'([/quote]
I went to two Masses today. Mass #2 was for all those who could not make it to Mass today.

xTrishaxLynnx

[quote name='Didymus' post='1202257' date='Feb 22 2007, 01:35 AM']what are these homefries you speak of?[/quote]

ummm... fried potatoes. like french fries, but they look more like this:

[img]http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e12/xTrishaxLynnx/homefries.jpg[/img]