An Old School Catholic Message Board

Are Popes Guaranteed Salvation?

Nathan

[quote name='Revprodeji' post='1207955' date='Mar 4 2007, 05:03 PM']I think you might have a typo, cause I dont understand.

I know you're a kid, so taxes and being in the military does not apply. But I would be curious what your other theopolitical ideals are[/quote]

The quote from the Syllabus was stating that it was an error to believe that the Papal States should be dissovled. I stated that if I had lived in the Papal States or if I now lived in the State of the Vatican then I would pay taxes, etc. to that government.

in that you are implying that since you do not live there than you are not going to pay taxes or take advantage of civil liberties? What about when Christ said "Give caesar what is his" Christianity can be very effective in a socio-political enviroment.

[quote name='Revprodeji' post='1208319' date='Mar 4 2007, 10:09 PM']in that you are implying that since you do not live there than you are not going to pay taxes or take advantage of civil liberties? What about when Christ said "Give caesar what is his" Christianity can be very effective in a socio-political enviroment.[/quote]

Of course I will pay taxes to the US govt.

[quote name='Revprodeji' post='1208344' date='Mar 4 2007, 10:43 PM']then what exactly are you saying?[/quote]

I was saying that the Pope should have the area around Rome belonging to him as his temporal realm and that those living in that area should pay taxes to him and (if they choose to) join the military of the Papal States.