An Old School Catholic Message Board

Do You Cheat Before Going To The Dentist?

EcceNovaFacioOmni

Pre-Dentist Appointment Cover-up  

24 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

[quote name='Dudette' post='1206008' date='Feb 28 2007, 07:10 PM']Uh, I don't cheat because I brush my teeth pretty much every day, tough I don't floss everyday and yeah, they ask me every time if I'm flossing my teeth on a regular basis. Lol,

However, I always brush my teeth right before I go to the dentist (even though I brushed them the night before) because that's kinda gross for the dentist to look into your mouth especially if you had lunch not too long ago....mhmmm.[/quote]
yes this is what I do as well.

I also have good genetics on my side ... I've never had a cavity.

I'm afraid I still have problems getting myself to floss. Also, for most of my life, while I always brushed in the morning, I could never seem to get myself to do so at night. But even so, I've never had a cavity!

That was my mother's "project" when we were growing up. No cavities in her kids. She pulled it off with three out of four of us. By the time my youngest brother came around, we had made her too tired/crazed :wacko: So he has one or two.

MissScripture

[quote name='xTrishaxLynnx' post='1206028' date='Feb 28 2007, 08:53 PM']What're you gonna do about it? :harhar:

Whatever you do, just please be careful not to chip or knock out any of my teeth. :wacko: :idiot:[/quote]
You'll regret this!

:P:

[quote name='Maggie' post='1206067' date='Feb 28 2007, 10:07 PM']That was my mother's "project" when we were growing up. No cavities in her kids. She pulled it off with three out of four of us. By the time my youngest brother came around, we had made her too tired/crazed :wacko: So he has one or two.[/quote]
I was the first in my family to have a cavity, at age 19. I have one younger sister who might have one younger than I did (she's only 15 right now), but neither of my brothers have had any cavities and they're in their mid-twenties.

Piccoli Fiori JMJ

I have no floss! I wanted to floss last night and I discovered I had no floss!

I also have reoccurring dreams of my teeth just decaying and falling apart in my mouth... it is a little frightening...

[quote]I also have reoccurring dreams of my teeth just decaying and falling apart in my mouth... it is a little frightening...[/quote]

I read somewhere that teeth-falling-out dreams are very common... I have had them before. Very scary! Supposedly it means that you have been lying :blink: I think that kind of psychological dream interpretation is mostly a scam, though.

brushing before going to the dentist is not cheating, its a courtesy. Cheating on your dentist is going to a secret dentist on the side.

Thy Geekdom Come

I went to the orthodontist once after just eating some m&m's. The assistant was a new trainee. She was clearly disgusted. I was amused.

[quote name='hot stuff' post='1206228' date='Mar 1 2007, 08:55 AM']brushing before going to the dentist is not cheating, its a courtesy. Cheating on your dentist is going to a secret dentist on the side.[/quote]
what he's talking about is going without brushing for a long time, then brushing right before you go, thereby hoping to fool your dentist into thinking that you've had good dental hygiene the whole time since your last visit. He's not talking about simply brushing before going.

EcceNovaFacioOmni

Not brushing, or just not giving a full effort. Never flossing, etc. If you're more of a mouthwash man than a toothbrush man, you know what I mean.

Piccoli Fiori JMJ

[quote name='Raphael' post='1206231' date='Mar 1 2007, 08:58 AM']I went to the orthodontist once after just eating some m&m's. The assistant was a new trainee. She was clearly disgusted. I was amused.[/quote]
You would...

missionseeker

[quote name='Dave' post='1206038' date='Feb 28 2007, 10:08 PM']I'm afraid I still have problems getting myself to floss. Also, for most of my life, while I always brushed in the morning, I could never seem to get myself to do so at night. But even so, I've never had a cavity![/quote]

[quote name='FutureNunJMJ' post='1206141' date='Mar 1 2007, 01:19 AM']I have no floss! I wanted to floss last night and I discovered I had no floss!

I also have reoccurring dreams of my teeth just decaying and falling apart in my mouth... it is a little frightening...[/quote]

I have this pathological fear of dentists, teeth, and my teeth falling out which was only increased by a dream that all of my teeth fell out. I spend about 10 mins a day brushing my teeth but I still have a lot of cavaties.