An Old School Catholic Message Board

Snakes In A Church

Pontifex

[quote name='Pontifex' post='1210192' date='Mar 7 2007, 11:38 PM']JuCa,

Thanks. The pews are now up again covering up the spot where the choir used to be, and the Church is once again symetrical. Yeah the tile is going down starting next Tuesday. It will be throughout and the ugly grey carpet will be ripped up, Thank the Lord! The Words Veni Sancte Spiritus will be on the top three steps below the altar and a Mosaic medallion of the Holy Spirit (A replica of the Holy Spirit window at St. Peter's Basillica) will be inlaid in the middle of the Sanctuary.

It will be different for sure when you return for a visit. You may see some of the changes before you leave.
Pontifex[/quote]

The sanctuary sounds so beautiful! And to do a mosaic of Bernini's Holy Spirit window.... Please post pictures when you finish!

Great idea on posting pictures! In fact, I will take some before photos and then show the Holy Spirit flooring.

Yeah,

I hope I don't have to release those snakes. haha.

[quote name='Pontifex' post='1207717' date='Mar 4 2007, 10:51 AM']After mass I made following statements; "I know that with any change to a Church there will be the tendency to complain and grumble. I just want to remind you that in the days of Moses, the people complained and grumbled as well and they were bitten by snakes. I have a box in the sacristy, the contents of which will be released if I see necesarry."

Thank God they laughed. I kill me.... :lol_roll:[/quote]
was it a nervous appease-the-madman laugh?

[quote name='Pontifex' post='1207717' date='Mar 4 2007, 11:51 AM']So as many of you know my presence at phatmass, at least on the website, has been minimal and that is going to change. The reason it has been so minimal is that I have been in the process of forming a parish in many different ways. Things are starting to even out. One the big changes recently was to move the choir and the organ out of the sanctuary and into the back of Church.

So I'm in the confessional and I hear two women in the hallway, forgetting that I hear everything from my booth, complaining about the change and one woman said that she had been in the parish for 41 years and never seen anything like it. :idontknow:

After mass I made following statements; "I know that with any change to a Church there will be the tendency to complain and grumble. I just want to remind you that in the days of Moses, the people complained and grumbled as well and they were bitten by snakes. I have a box in the sacristy, the contents of which will be released if I see necesarry."

Thank God they laughed. I kill me.... :lol_roll:

Have a wondeful phatmass kinda day.

Your neighborhood Cyber Priest,

Pontifex[/quote]
:lol_roll:
That reminds me of a story my former pastor told when we were starting to raise money for a new Church. He said that a priest freind of his needed to fix the leaky roof of the parish church, so he told the parishoners, "I've got bad news, good news, and more bad news. The bad news is our roof is leaking, the good news is we have more than enough money to fix it, the bad news is, it's in your pockets!" Tasteful humor is a great way to tell people things they don't necessarily want to hear!

[quote name='WillT' post='1211180' date='Mar 10 2007, 01:59 AM']:lol_roll:
That reminds me of a story my former pastor told when we were starting to raise money for a new Church. He said that a priest freind of his needed to fix the leaky roof of the parish church, so he told the parishoners, "I've got bad news, good news, and more bad news. The bad news is our roof is leaking, the good news is we have more than enough money to fix it, the bad news is, it's in your pockets!" Tasteful humor is a great way to tell people things they don't necessarily want to hear![/quote]

:lol_roll: I love that! I may use that one here soon for a building project for the summer.

Peace

Pontifite 7 of 10

[quote name='Pontifex' post='1211956' date='Mar 11 2007, 10:54 AM']:lol_roll: I love that! I may use that one here soon for a building project for the summer.
Peace[/quote]
Ohh! Inside scoop! What building? :detective: