An Old School Catholic Message Board

What Did You Go To College For? What Is Your Job Now?

the_rev

As for me, I started out pre-med health science. After knowing that I wasn't going to make the pre-med part I decided to do nursing. I am currently finishing up school and can't wait to get out into the world to work. :)

I encourage you to get your master, alicemary. In school I have great teachers but it is hard to find clinical instructors. This past semester one of my instructors had to teach two clinicals in one day: one in the morning and one in the afternoon. By the end of the day she was exhausted.

Meg :)

Edited by picchick

photosynthesis

I majored in Communications, now I'm a Marketing Analyst. Am I happy? Well...

the only thing that gets me through the day sometimes is this: They don't have Microsoft Excel in heaven.

photosynthesis

Whatever you decide to do, major in something you love. Trust that God will provide for you, no matter what your vocation is.

I got my first BA degree in Philosophy and Religion (with a minor in Jewish Studies), my second BA degree in History (with a primary focus on Church History and a secondary focus on the development of Islamic theology from 600 A.D. to 1200 A.D.), and in May of 2006 I completed my MA in Theology at Franciscan University. I now teach theology and history at a Catholic high school.

I have a BFA in Music and an M.A. in Foreign Affairs. I earned my way through college teaching and playing music and now work for a multinational corporation. Music,of course, is still a passion but it doesn't pay the bills anymore.

Church Punk

I took Mechanical Engineering in college. Graduated and have been working in the engineering field for the past 4 years as a program/ project manager.