rkwright Posted March 10, 2007 Posted March 10, 2007 I normally don't watch Fox News, but my parents do. I turned on the TV tonight and it was already on Fox with Hannity debating a priest on there. I missed the first half but Hannity really went after Fr. Etenauer. Hannity is a Catholic, but what Fr. Etenauer calls a 'culture catholic'. Hannity advocated brith control in the U.S. in order to stop aboritions. In the end he asked Fr. Etenauer if he would deny him Holy Communion. Fr. Etenauer stepped up and said 'Yes'. Anyone else see it?? It might be on youtube... Also I was interested in all of it so I registered on hannity.com (the forum is free) and there is a good discussion over there. There is also a big discussion of Faith and Works- it'd be a great place for some orthodox catholics to rep the church!!
rkwright Posted March 10, 2007 Author Posted March 10, 2007 Sorry for the double topics... BTW the video is on the front page of foxnews.com check it out!
Maggyie Posted March 10, 2007 Posted March 10, 2007 Who is this Fr. Etenauer fellow? Anybody know any more about him? He sounds like a trooper!
Dave Posted March 10, 2007 Posted March 10, 2007 It's Euteneuer -- Fr. Thomas Euteneuer. He's the president of Human Life International.
rkwright Posted March 10, 2007 Author Posted March 10, 2007 [quote name='Dave' post='1211201' date='Mar 10 2007, 02:05 AM']It's Euteneuer -- Fr. Thomas Euteneuer. He's the president of Human Life International.[/quote] oops. I missed the U earlier.
SJRod55 Posted March 10, 2007 Posted March 10, 2007 Sounds like an interesting discussion. What is the video link address?
ChrismasFetus Posted March 10, 2007 Posted March 10, 2007 [quote name='Rod' post='1211220' date='Mar 10 2007, 07:32 AM']Sounds like an interesting discussion. What is the video link address?[/quote] For a full transcript of the talk and link to the video see: [url="http://www.domusdei.org/2007/03/10/sean-hannity-the-heretic/"]http://www.domusdei.org/2007/03/10/sean-hannity-the-heretic/[/url]
Knight of the Holy Rosary Posted March 10, 2007 Posted March 10, 2007 Goodbye Sean. You just lost a listener/viewer. [url="http://www.foxnews.com/video2/player06.html?030907/030907_hc_sean&Hannity_Colmes&Judgment%20Day%20for%20Sean&acc&US&-1&News&372&&&new"]http://www.foxnews.com/video2/player06.htm...p;&&new[/url]
XIX Posted March 10, 2007 Posted March 10, 2007 Tah. He lost me long before then. He constantly claims that the war on terror is the most important issue of our times. I don't even think it's top-five.
Knight of the Holy Rosary Posted March 10, 2007 Posted March 10, 2007 [quote]Tah. He lost me long before then. He constantly claims that the war on terror is the most important issue of our times. I don't even think it's top-five.[/quote] I agree. In a nation where we call the murder of children 'choice', fornication 'free love', homosexual acts 'alternative lifestyles' and pornography 'freedom speech'... we may be able to defend ouselves from terrorism but there is [b]no[/b] defense against the wrath of Almighty God.
Socrates Posted March 10, 2007 Posted March 10, 2007 [quote name='Maggie' post='1211192' date='Mar 10 2007, 02:39 AM']Who is this Fr. Etenauer fellow? Anybody know any more about him? He sounds like a trooper! [/quote] I know Fr. Euteneuer. He's president of [url="http://www.hli.org/"]HLI (Human Life International)[/url], and probably one of the strongest voicest against the culture of death you'll find. He gave a great sermon at my parish a couple months ago in which, among other things, he reminded the congregation that we had given the Party of Death the majority in Congress. i've played basketball with him sometimes last year, and he's an amazing player, despite his short stature. He graduated from Marine Corps OCS in Quantico, but chose to join the priesthood instead of pursue a military career.
RezaMikhaeil Posted March 11, 2007 Posted March 11, 2007 [quote name='Socrates' post='1211542' date='Mar 10 2007, 04:50 PM']I know Fr. Euteneuer. He's president of [url="http://www.hli.org/"]HLI (Human Life International)[/url], and probably one of the strongest voicest against the culture of death you'll find. He gave a great sermon at my parish a couple months ago in which, among other things, he reminded the congregation that we had given the Party of Death the majority in Congress. i've played basketball with him sometimes last year, and he's an amazing player, despite his short stature. He graduated from Marine Corps OCS in Quantico, but chose to join the priesthood instead of pursue a military career.[/quote] That's awesome!!! Sean is funny
desertwoman Posted March 11, 2007 Posted March 11, 2007 There is one point that Sean did make that intrigued me as well. Is NFP a form of birth control?
isilzha Posted March 11, 2007 Posted March 11, 2007 I love Fr. Euteneuer he's the best. I'm really sad at the way Hannity treated him. I used to be a big fan of Sean (didn't really know about his BC stance), but after this thats it.
rkwright Posted March 11, 2007 Author Posted March 11, 2007 [quote name='desertwoman' post='1211587' date='Mar 10 2007, 08:30 PM']There is one point that Sean did make that intrigued me as well. Is NFP a form of birth control?[/quote] Catechism of the Catholic Church: "[E]very action which, whether in anticipation of the conjugal act, or in its accomplishment, or in the development of its natural consequences, proposes, whether as an end or as a means, to render procreation impossible is intrinsically evil" (CCC 2370). "Legitimate intentions on the part of the spouses do not justify recourse to morally unacceptable means . . . for example, direct sterilization or contraception" (CCC 2399). NFP does not render procreation impossible.
Apotheoun Posted March 11, 2007 Posted March 11, 2007 It would be immoral for a married couple to restrict their conjugal relations to the woman's infertile periods alone with the intention of never having children, since that would be a form of "contraception."
Mateo el Feo Posted March 11, 2007 Posted March 11, 2007 (edited) [quote name='isilzha' post='1211632' date='Mar 10 2007, 10:05 PM']I love Fr. Euteneuer he's the best. I'm really sad at the way Hannity treated him. I used to be a big fan of Sean (didn't really know about his BC stance), but after this thats it.[/quote]Yeah, as a Catholic listening to Hannity's vitriolic tirade, it was pretty ugly. While claiming to be Catholic he took every cheap shot in the book against the priest. I thought of the saying, "With friends like this, who needs enemies?" It seems like Hannity wants to give O'Reilly a run for his money to claim the title "king of Cafeteria Catholics." Edited March 11, 2007 by Mateo el Feo
isilzha Posted March 11, 2007 Posted March 11, 2007 [quote name='Mateo el Feo' post='1211776' date='Mar 10 2007, 11:16 PM']Yeah, as a Catholic listening to Hannity's vitriolic tirade, it was pretty ugly. While claiming to be Catholic he took every cheap shot in the book against the priest. I thought of the saying, "With friends like this, who needs enemies?" It seems like Hannity wants to give O'Reilly a run for his money to claim the title "king of Cafeteria Catholics."[/quote] I used to like O'Reilly a lot too (I have a few of his books and a few of Hannity's too), but after I started hearing the stuff he was saying about the church and JPII he really fell off for me too. Seems that this is what is going to happen to Hannity too. I thought Hannity was better since I'd seen him interviewed on Raymond Arroyo's show and he seemed pretty good there. I guess not. It seems like Euteneuer hit a nerve and Hannity went full out on the attack for it.
XIX Posted March 11, 2007 Posted March 11, 2007 O'Reilly is quite a Cafeteria Catholic too. But the King is John Kerry.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now