An Old School Catholic Message Board

Why I Am Catholic

siebersusi

Laudate_Dominum

"The keeper of the keys has authority within the house as administrator and teacher (cf. Isa. 22:20-25, ..). The language of binding and loosing is rabbinic terminology for authoritative teaching, for having authority to interpret the Torah and apply it to particular cases, declaring what is permitted and what is not permitted. Jesus, who has taught with authority (7:29) and has given his authority to his disciples (10:1,8) here gives his primary disciple the authority to teach in his name." - The New Interpreter's Bible. vol. 8, (Nashville, TN: Abington Press, 1995), pg 346.

All I want to know if why you disagree with such fine protestant scholars as the one's I've quoted? The sources are among the most respected in protestant biblical scholarship these days. And the old open the doors to the gentiles and first to preach at pentecost lines are explicitly contradicted by these protestant biblical scholars who know better.

I'm just trying to start a real discussion, I hope you don't feel picked on protestants. You know I love ya!