An Old School Catholic Message Board

Prom

faithfulrock3r

faithfulrock3r

What are your experiences/feelings about Prom. As for me, IT smells of elderberries. The first girl I asked to go couldn't, and the secong girl I had though about asking apparently just asked some lower-classman out because she thought no-one was going to ask her. I guess I'm just venting, but I am actually interested in what other people think.

Pontifite 7 of 10

[quote name='faithfulrock3r' post='1212743' date='Mar 12 2007, 08:37 PM']What are your experiences/feelings about Prom. As for me, IT smells of elderberries. The first girl I asked to go couldn't, and the secong girl I had though about asking apparently just asked some lower-classman out because she thought no-one was going to ask her. I guess I'm just venting, but I am actually interested in what other people think.[/quote]
I'm sorry Lurker, that your experience was bad and all, that really stinks.

[size=1]I only went to prom my junior year.
My senior year I WAS going to go with a group of friends, but at the last minute we were like "This is stupid" and had a Morp night.
We went to Cub, watched movies, went out for dinner...it was way more fun.

But yea, Prom has its good aspects but I think it also has bad ones too.
The first time I went to prom, it was as boring as all the other dances...except we were on a boat and it was raining...and some guys on shore were yelling inapropriate things at the girls....it was kinda funnt thoug. :rolleyes:

I dunno, go at least once.
If you can find a good date, go with freinds, it makes the night more interesting.
[/size]

I'm going to prom this year :lol_roll: I don't go to the school, thank God cuz PV doesn't have the best reputation academically, but I'm going with a group of close friends because it'd be so much more fun that way. And if i get a date so be it, but if not we're just gonna have fun in our little group. And then we're all going down to Ocean City Maryland for the weekend. I'm so excited :cool: And my dress is absolutely gorgeous :saint: Anyway, I'd say to just go with a bunch of friends. I think it'd be more fun then going with a date kinda thing.

Edited by onathing1

[quote name='CrossCuT' post='1213476' date='Mar 14 2007, 10:17 AM']But yea, Prom has its good aspects but I think it also has bad ones too.
The first time I went to prom, it was as boring as all the other dances...except we were on a boat and it was raining...and some guys on shore were yelling inapropriate things at the girls....it was kinda funnt thoug. :rolleyes:[/quote]
Sorry about that.

my friends tell me it's SO much better going with other friends, instead of going with a date. I don't know as if I would want to though, I've been asked but not only would I not be allowed most likely, but I could make better use of my time.

My senior year in High School a girl from another High School dragged me to her prom (which was good) but then my Prom the girl decided to back off a few days before the prom itself. I still went and enjoyed myself since there are normally a group of girls going without any dates, so they need someone to dance with. Although, for the after prom party I took someone on my Friend’s list. She had a blast, the only sad this is I got her a watch and she lost it which upsets me because it upsets her. But the memory is more important than the moment which I told her a few days after I gave it to her.

I really wish I had taken her to the actual prom, its something I am going to try and make up to her when the prom season comes up again.

hoosieranna

I went with friends. We got bored and went to IHOP. It was for fun that watching couples grind to bad music.

Ora et Labora

[quote name='uruviel' post='1218930' date='Mar 24 2007, 08:41 PM']my friends tell me it's SO much better going with other friends, instead of going with a date. I don't know as if I would want to though, I've been asked but not only would I not be allowed most likely, but I could make better use of my time.[/quote]

:yes: