An Old School Catholic Message Board

Study: 1.4% Of Population Are Gay

cmotherofpirl

HeavenlyCalling

[quote name='RezaLemmyng' post='1218855' date='Mar 24 2007, 07:33 PM']It's contribution to AIDS was minimal compared to other major factors, though it was once a popular rumor in the states that those with aids have to have participated in homosexual activities.

Reza[/quote]
The first documented case of AIDS in the US was in 4 homosexual men. Doctors originally thought they had pneumonia.

Edit: [url="http://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/preview/mmwrhtml/june_5.htm"]http://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/preview/mmwrhtml/june_5.htm[/url] here is the report about that. Just in case anyone wants to read it :)

Edited by HeavenlyCalling

RezaMikhaeil

[quote name='HeavenlyCalling' post='1219462' date='Mar 25 2007, 03:34 PM']The first documented case of AIDS in the US was in 4 homosexual men. Doctors originally thought they had pneumonia.

Edit: [url="http://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/preview/mmwrhtml/june_5.htm"]http://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/preview/mmwrhtml/june_5.htm[/url] here is the report about that. Just in case anyone wants to read it :)[/quote]

That doesn't mean that there weren't women before hand or straight men. As a matter of fact the initial doctor in the united states that discovered the abnormality, had found it in a woman, not a man. Note that your article also doesn't prove the spread of AIDS, just documents those individuals cases. Back while my wife was in nursing school, they did extensive studying of this and found that AIDS wasn't primarily spread by homosexual men but that that was an overexaggeration [which has been disproven by nearly every source], as hetrosexuals got it just as much as homosexuals [as can be proven with demographics today... go to any research facility and you'll find that].

If you suggest that just homosexual men get AIDS, then you're majorly overlooking the situation in Africa, in which mothers are rapidly giving it to children, and the majority [even more then in America] are hetrosexual.

[quote]AIDS was first reported June 5, 1981, when the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recorded a cluster of Pneumocystis carinii pneumonia (now classified as Pneumocystis jiroveci pneumonia) in five homosexual men in Los Angeles.[125]Health authorities soon realized that nearly half of the people identified with the syndrome were not homosexual men.

Three of the earliest known instances of HIV infection are as follows:

A plasma sample taken in 1959 from an adult male living in what is now the Democratic Republic of the Congo.[126]
HIV found in tissue samples from a 15 year old African-American teenager who died in St. Louis in 1969.[127]
HIV found in tissue samples from a Norwegian sailor who died around 1976.[128][/quote]

Reza

[quote name='RezaLemmyng' post='1219306' date='Mar 25 2007, 01:44 PM']It's of no more risk then men and women having casual sex with each other. As a matter of fact, more people have contracted AIDS through hetrosexual intercourse then homosexual. The disease in the US was spread, not through simply homosexuals but through everybody having unprotected sex outside of wedlock, and also through the lack of knowledge about it [sharing needles, etc.].

Reza[/quote]
Many more people have heterosexual intercourse around the world than homosexual. The rates are considerably higher among homosexual men - at least in America and the "developed" West. Even "gay rights" people concede this - why do you think AIDS is such a big issue with "gays"?

Of course, homosexual sodomy, promiscuity, and drug abuse are all morally depraved and unhealthy actions, and none should be condoned in any way.

From a secular [url="http://www.avert.org/usastatg.htm"]site on AIDS:[/url]

[quote]Around 47% of all people diagnosed with AIDS were probably infected with HIV through male-to-male sexual contact, while people exposed through heterosexual contact comprise around 17% of the total. Since the beginning of the epidemic, the number of heterosexual infections has increased dramatically. According to CDC estimates, heterosexual contact led to about one third of new AIDS diagnoses and one third of new HIV diagnoses in 2005.[/quote]

The majority of AIDS cases are still from homosexual contact, while many more people practice heterosexual intercourse than homosexual sodomy.
Thus Reza's claim that homosexual sodomy is no worse a spreader of AIDS than heterosexual intercourse is proved false.

Edited by Socrates

HeavenlyCalling

I am definatly not saying that only gay men get AIDS, that would be ignorent to say. But, as the person about me ( somewhere) said, their is a higher percentage for the amount of them in the US.

NewReformation

I'm gonna have to go look for that book again...came out a year or two ago I think...contained a study that demonstrated that a heterosexual person who had sex with a very limited number of partners, never did drugs, and never was with a partner who did drugs, had a less than 2% chance of contracting AIDS. However, those who engaged in homosexual behaviour had the highest chances of catching AIDS, and drug use coming in second.

[quote name='Socrates' post='1219590' date='Mar 25 2007, 09:21 PM']Even "gay rights" people concede this - why do you think AIDS is such a big issue with "gays"?[/quote]

Cause they don't want to die....

RezaMikhaeil

[quote]Many more people have heterosexual intercourse around the world than homosexual. The rates are considerably higher among homosexual men - at least in America and the "developed" West. Even "gay rights" people concede this - why do you think AIDS is such a big issue with "gays"?[/quote]This isn't true, you can give whatever sources you like, and I can give many other sources [as my previous quote] that prove otherwise. My wife is a nurse and women that come through the hospital that have aids is just as high as the men [alot of women get it through their husbands giving it to them, etc].

Now I'm not going to deny that most homosexual men get rectal cancer and that rarely ever do hetrosexuals get it.

[quote]The majority of AIDS cases are still from homosexual contact, while many more people practice heterosexual intercourse than homosexual sodomy.
Thus Reza's claim that homosexual sodomy is no worse a spreader of AIDS than heterosexual intercourse is proved false.[/quote] Actually it is true in regards to hetrosexual intercourse [unprotected] and homosexual intercourse [unprotected] is just as much of a risk to getting AIDS, since both methods the virus is spread. Take an AIDS class [like nurses at the hospitals do for their nursing degrees] and see what they tell you, you have just as likely a chance of getting aids through homosexual activities as hetrosexual if you're not protected, etc.

A great examples of this are: Famous rapper Eazy-E, a hetrosexual man got AIDS [and died from it] because of having sex with multiple women [in the early 90's].

[quote]I'm gonna have to go look for that book again...came out a year or two ago I think...contained a study that demonstrated that a heterosexual person who had sex with a very limited number of partners, never did drugs, and never was with a partner who did drugs, had a less than 2% chance of contracting AIDS. However, those who engaged in homosexual behaviour had the highest chances of catching AIDS, and drug use coming in second.[/quote] This is due to multiple partners, not nessessarily the sexual act itself. Homosexuals frequently have multiple partners and therefore those with multiple partners have a super high risk of contracting aids but its no different with hetrosexual men/women with multiple partners.

Having sex outside of wedlock is one of the biggest risks for an individual to take, regardless of sexual orientation. This factor I'm not denying, what I'm denying is that having sexual contact, weather hetro or homosexual has equal risks. This is why teens are told in school to "use protection" because the risk of STD's is outrageously horrible.

Reza

cmotherofpirl

As I stated before homosexuals have an easier chance of getting AIDS from ripping and tearing during sex.
Right equipment, wrong partner, wrong location.

[quote name='RezaLemmyng' post='1219760' date='Mar 26 2007, 01:06 AM']This isn't true, you can give whatever sources you like, and I can give many other sources [as my previous quote] that prove otherwise. My wife is a nurse and women that come through the hospital that have aids is just as high as the men [alot of women get it through their husbands giving it to them, etc].

Now I'm not going to deny that most homosexual men get rectal cancer and that rarely ever do hetrosexuals get it.[/quote]
I provided a quote from a respectable HIV/AIDS site which showed that a greater percentage did indeed come from homosexual activity. I have not seen a single direct quote or documentation from you showing otherwise.

And no one is claiming that heterosexuals can't get AIDS - simply that sodomy (whether hetero or homo) is a particularly high-rick activity.

RezaMikhaeil

[quote name='cmotherofpirl' post='1219883' date='Mar 26 2007, 08:11 AM']As I stated before homosexuals have an easier chance of getting AIDS from ripping and tearing during sex.
Right equipment, wrong partner, wrong location.[/quote]

No offense but you really should take a formal aids informational course. Since you obviously don't know, a woman's and man's fluids pose just as much a risk as blood, in regards to your chances of getting AIDS. Let me give some further education: When a man and a woman "make love" their fluids interact or "exchange" [as one health book put it], this is the method to which the AIDs Virus is spread, in regards to homosexuality, there isn't an "exchange" of fluids and it isn't the stool that spreads the AIDS Virus but the blood from tearing. BOTH ARE JUST AS LETHAL TO SPREADING THE AIDS VIRUS, THERE IS NO DIFFERENCE.

[quote]I provided a quote from a respectable HIV/AIDS site which showed that a greater percentage did indeed come from homosexual activity.[/quote] I have provided quotes [see above] but more importantly you're selectively interpreting the information. Its not the act of homosexuality that increases one's risk but a "multiple partner" lifestyle [which affects hetrosexual and homosexual men and women]. Check the statistics on the increase in getting AIDS for multiple partner hetrosexuals compared to single partner hetrosexuals. You'll see that those with multiple partners increase their chances significantly, which shouldn't be a surprise because as Christians, we shouldn't have multiple parterns to begin with, as God has told us over and over again that Marriage is a sacrament and intercourse is meant for inside of a marriage [inside of wedlock].

Reza

cmotherofpirl

'RezaLemmyng' said
No offense but you really should take a formal aids informational course. Since you obviously don't know, a woman's and man's fluids pose just as much a risk as blood, in regards to your chances of getting AIDS. Let me give some further education: When a man and a woman "make love" their fluids interact or "exchange" [as one health book put it], this is the method to which the AIDs Virus is spread, in regards to homosexuality, there isn't an "exchange" of fluids and it isn't the stool that spreads the AIDS Virus but the blood from tearing. BOTH ARE JUST AS LETHAL TO SPREADING THE AIDS VIRUS, THERE IS NO DIFFERENCE.

[color="#FF0000"]Been there, done that, you are wrong. Anal intercourse has an increased risk of AIDS, anyone who tells you different is a liar.[/color]

I have provided quotes [see above] but more importantly you're selectively interpreting the information. Its not the act of homosexuality that increases one's risk but a "multiple partner" lifestyle [which affects hetrosexual and homosexual men and women]. Check the statistics on the increase in getting AIDS for multiple partner hetrosexuals compared to single partner hetrosexuals. You'll see that those with multiple partners increase their chances significantly, which shouldn't be a surprise because as Christians, we shouldn't have multiple parterns to begin with, as God has told us over and over again that Marriage is a sacrament and intercourse is meant for inside of a marriage [inside of wedlock].

[color="#FF0000"]Again you are wrong about the act of homosex, it is more dangerous. Multiple partners are more dangerous for both groups, but again homosex carries more risks. Right equipment, wrong place.[/color]

RezaMikhaeil

[quote]Been there, done that, you are wrong. Anal intercourse has an increased risk of AIDS, anyone who tells you different is a liar.[/quote]The only person that is lying is someone that believes an individual that has intercourse with someone isn't going to get AIDS if they have sex "naturally", it doesn't matter what method you chose, incourse [every method] with someone that has the HIV Virus is going to get AIDS. It's a simple fact that is irrefutable. The exchange of body fluids period, results in contamination, simple and plain. It's a scientific fact that individuals that blend their blood with someone that has aids and those that partake in intercourse or exchange of sexual fluids with someone both pose the same risk and getting the AIDS virus is inevidable.

If you refute this fact [as you appear to be doing], then you're refuting nearly every single sexual education and AIDS awareness book in the world [including those taught in our own public education system here in the united states].

[quote]Again you are wrong about the act of homosex, it is more dangerous. Multiple partners are more dangerous for both groups, but again homosex carries more risks. Right equipment, wrong place.[/quote] Obviously you don't know what you're talking about, so I'm going to let this conversation die.

Reza

[quote name='RezaLemmyng' post='1220312' date='Mar 27 2007, 01:02 AM']No offense but you really should take a formal aids informational course. Since you obviously don't know, a woman's and man's fluids pose just as much a risk as blood, in regards to your chances of getting AIDS. Let me give some further education: When a man and a woman "make love" their fluids interact or "exchange" [as one health book put it], this is the method to which the AIDs Virus is spread, in regards to homosexuality, there isn't an "exchange" of fluids and it isn't the stool that spreads the AIDS Virus but the blood from tearing. BOTH ARE JUST AS LETHAL TO SPREADING THE AIDS VIRUS, THERE IS NO DIFFERENCE.

I have provided quotes [see above] but more importantly you're selectively interpreting the information. Its not the act of homosexuality that increases one's risk but a "multiple partner" lifestyle [which affects hetrosexual and homosexual men and women]. Check the statistics on the increase in getting AIDS for multiple partner hetrosexuals compared to single partner hetrosexuals. You'll see that those with multiple partners increase their chances significantly, which shouldn't be a surprise because as Christians, we shouldn't have multiple parterns to begin with, as God has told us over and over again that Marriage is a sacrament and intercourse is meant for inside of a marriage [inside of wedlock].

Reza[/quote]
The only quote you have provided in this thread is the following:[quote]AIDS was first reported June 5, 1981, when the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recorded a cluster of Pneumocystis carinii pneumonia (now classified as Pneumocystis jiroveci pneumonia) in five homosexual men in Los Angeles.[125]Health authorities soon realized that nearly half of the people identified with the syndrome were not homosexual men.

Three of the earliest known instances of HIV infection are as follows:

A plasma sample taken in 1959 from an adult male living in what is now the Democratic Republic of the Congo.[126]
HIV found in tissue samples from a 15 year old African-American teenager who died in St. Louis in 1969.[127]
HIV found in tissue samples from a Norwegian sailor who died around 1976.[128][/quote]

That quote says absolutely nothing about AIDS rates being the same for homosexual men as for heterosexuals as you claim. If I am missing something, either re-quote, or direct me to the source. However, every source I've seen says that AIDS rates are in fact higher among homosexual men. You need to provide direct documentation for that claim (which you have still failed to do), or drop your case, rather than expecting everyone to just take your word for it.

Edited by Socrates