An Old School Catholic Message Board

Phatmass Downtime :(

dUSt

Please forgive the recent downtime, slow phorum response, errors, etc.

I am actively working with my web host to resolve issues and am demanding better performance.

Mateo el Feo

I've noticed that even when the website is up (like the main phorum page), that the database seems to freeze up. It's been like this for a few weeks.

Are the DB queries overloading some real or artificial server limitation?

Just curious. :)

Roamin Catholic

Maybe Phatmass has just gotten that popular.. :idontknow:

I had begining to wonder why it had been taking so long to load. :maddest:

I'm sure Dust will get it all taken care of soon enough... :detective:

Mateo el Feo

[quote name='Roamin_Catholic' post='1219969' date='Mar 26 2007, 07:16 PM']Maybe Phatmass has just gotten that popular.. :idontknow:

I'm sure Dust will get it all taken care of soon enough... :detective:[/quote]
All Hail dUSt, king of website debugging and mini-golf.

[quote name='Terra Firma' post='1219993' date='Mar 26 2007, 05:53 PM']if there is anything we can do (read: if you need me to give up another latte a month) let us know[/quote]
Thank you.

I haven't checked lately, but I know a few months ago the people signed up for monthly donations just about covered the monthly hosting costs. My goal is really to have phatmass earn enough through t-shirt sales so that i don't have to rely on donations. Of course, my lack of time over the past few months and undisciplined work ethic have resulted in me making ONE whopping design to choose from, haha.

There are five pending items on my "to-do" list that I consider to be more critical than making additional t-shirt designs. When those are complete, phatmass will be in a lot better shape. :)

Thanks for everyone sticking around through the technical troubles. I know that right now phatmass is like an old car that needs an oil change, new tires and a tune-up. I hope everyone is still here when we get that new paint job and 20" rims.

[quote name='dUSt' post='1220005' date='Mar 26 2007, 08:11 PM']Thank you.

I haven't checked lately, but I know a few months ago the people signed up for monthly donations just about covered the monthly hosting costs. My goal is really to have phatmass earn enough through t-shirt sales so that i don't have to rely on donations. Of course, my lack of time over the past few months and undisciplined work ethic have resulted in me making ONE whopping design to choose from, haha.

There are five pending items on my "to-do" list that I consider to be more critical than making additional t-shirt designs. When those are complete, phatmass will be in a lot better shape. :)

Thanks for everyone sticking around through the technical troubles. I know that right now phatmass is like an old car that needs an oil change, new tires and a tune-up. I hope everyone is still here when we get that new paint job and 20" rims.[/quote]

20" rims... :drool:

[quote name='dUSt' post='1220005' date='Mar 26 2007, 06:11 PM']Thank you.

Thanks for everyone sticking around through the technical troubles. I know that right now phatmass is like an old car that needs an oil change, new tires and a tune-up. I hope everyone is still here when we get that new paint job and 20" rims.[/quote]
So after we get the oil change, tires, tune-up, paint job, and rims, can we stop and pick up some ribs on the way home?

[quote name='theculturewarrior' post='1220046' date='Mar 26 2007, 07:44 PM']Definitely not PC! :ohno:[/quote]
ribs aren't PC?

all I know is they are YUMMY

:drool:

I had Famous Dave's for dinner tonight ...