An Old School Catholic Message Board

Pursuit Of Happyness

N/A Gone

SinginForHim

[quote name='Pontifite 7 of 10' post='1221933' date='Mar 29 2007, 09:49 AM']Will Smith's son was a really good actor in that.[/quote]

Indeed he was. That movie was so sad I couldn't even cry. But it was great!

xTrishaxLynnx

[quote name='Lounge Daddy' post='1226795' date='Apr 2 2007, 12:10 AM']the trailer choked me up - so I am hesitant to watch the movie.
But I really do want to see it.
and yes, I do know that I am a sap.[/quote]

Aww! LD is a sap! How cute. :hehehe: :harhar:

Pursuit of Happyness was a GRRRRRRREAT movie!

xTrishaxLynnx

[quote name='xTrishaxLynnx' post='1233925' date='Apr 7 2007, 07:25 PM']Aww! LD is a sap! How cute. :hehehe: :harhar:[/quote]

I'm serious, btw. I really think that's cute.

RezaMikhaeil

It was very good, far to many people that are poor get jacked over by these pyramid and get rich quick scemes.

Reza

oh, the medical supply company? That whole story part was horrible.

Pyramid schemes are illegal, people just need to check their sources on issues.

RezaMikhaeil

[quote name='Revprodeji' post='1236388' date='Apr 9 2007, 01:00 PM']oh, the medical supply company? That whole story part was horrible.

Pyramid schemes are illegal, people just need to check their sources on issues.[/quote]

They might be illegal but 50 million of them still exist.

Was a great movie. I don't see many, as most are disappointing, but I was pleased. I have to say this is my fav. movie w/ Will Smith - I found it to be his best role from anything I have seen him in -

it was a movie everyone can from one part of the spectrum relate to, and it was realistic. His son was definitely excellent in it too! It brought out the real fears and anxieties, even peer pressures that adults continue to hold onto - that most of us as humans hold on to.

Was a great movie. I don't see many, as most are disappointing, but I was pleased. I have to say this is my fav. movie w/ Will Smith - I found it to be his best role from anything I have seen him in -

it was a movie everyone can from one part of the spectrum relate to, and it was realistic. His son was definitely excellent in it too! It brought out the real fears and anxieties, even peer pressures that adults continue to hold onto - that most of us as humans hold on to.

[quote name='RezaLemmyng' post='1237993' date='Apr 10 2007, 04:59 PM']They might be illegal but 50 million of them still exist.[/quote]

Really? I havent seen a good one in a while. I see the token Multi-levels like Mary Kay and Xango, but I havent seen a good ol fashion pyramid scheme in a while.

I work in affilate marketing, So I will meet with contacts that have great stories.

RezaMikhaeil

[quote name='Revprodeji' post='1238411' date='Apr 10 2007, 10:13 PM']Really? I havent seen a good one in a while. I see the token Multi-levels like Mary Kay and Xango, but I havent seen a good ol fashion pyramid scheme in a while.

I work in affilate marketing, So I will meet with contacts that have great stories.[/quote]

Don Lapree, do you remember him? I think that's a classic pyramid isn't it?

RezaMikhaeil

[quote name='Revprodeji' post='1238521' date='Apr 11 2007, 12:53 AM']What was his "business" never heard of him?[/quote]

It was based upon paying 40$ for a "home business" in which you get a book [and other junk] and order "whole sale products" and sell them. The problem was that most of the numbers in the book weren't accurate and the others you couldn't ever seem to be able to get in touch with the manufacturers [they probably didn't exist], and I think it also had a pyramid sceme to it too... or another popular one is "prepaid legal" in which you sign up to sell prepaid legal, then you find people to work under you, so whoever signed you up, gets a portion of your profits and then whoever you sign up, you get a portion of their profits, etc.

Obviously they aren't exactly like a classical pyramid scheme like Amway but dang close to it.

Edited by RezaLemmyng

I see the ads on tv for those compaines.

My mom was in Amway when I was younger, as much bad press at they got they are considered a legal and viable business model. The training groups incorporated with them got in some trouble for lack of accountability, but the decent training groups did a lot of good things for many people.

Pre-paid legal is a multi-level. Shaddy and limited in its fiscal potential, but not an illegal pyramid.

illegal pyramids have 3 characteristics that the FTC uses.

1.) person at top makes the most money
2.) It IS illegal
3.) only money flows through it.

I know a little about Amway, so I can judge them here. The person at the top doesnt make the most money, the person with the network generating the most volume gets paid in accord to their business network. My mom had downline that past her, and She past her upline as far as who generated the most money monthly.

There are people who make themselves available in public situations. Like the man who ran for govener in mich. They are not illegal.

Amway ran serious volume., regardless of the idiots involved, they did run serious volume.

Like most businesses that network the entire experience is based on what you put into it, and the level of mentorship available. For the last three years I have been working within the WWG system and they are independantly contracted through Quixtar, the sister company of amway (they share private labels, but the buck stops after that) We are partnered with hundreds of commonly known companies like Barnes and Noble and circuit city and in the cooporate world we are understood as viral marketing, or affilate marketing. We have numerous credibility testimonies from the cooporations we partner with. (I am simply saying this as a disclaimer) just because the business involves people does not make it illegal. I basically change volume and drive clients to switch shopping habits and get paid for that volume ran. I also do network, but the way our numbers are set up I do not make money from that networking relationship until money is being made for those people as well.

We can talk more about this if you want or on PM.