An Old School Catholic Message Board

I'm Lonely!

MissScripture

:hug: I know what that feels like! Being lonely stinks! Especially when people like mama and daddy aren't available for me to unload on :( It helps to talk to Jesus, though, I find.

I am hugging this stool right here in my kitchen, pretending it's you.

You find a stool or similar item, such as a tall backed chair, or fake house plant, hug it, and pretend it's me.

There. All better?

Things you should not do when you are lonely and need hugs: get a little tipsy, call the guy you like, and tell him you are not getting enough hugs, then start crying.

Much better to follow Maggie's advice, or find a houseplant and hug it and pretend it's dUSt.

[size=1]You can buy a boyfriend pillow to hug.
They have an arm that wrappes around you!!!! :woot:
[/size]

MissScripture

[quote name='dUSt' post='1221679' date='Mar 28 2007, 10:04 PM']I am hugging this stool right here in my kitchen, pretending it's you.

You find a stool or similar item, such as a tall backed chair, or fake house plant, hug it, and pretend it's me.

There. All better?[/quote]
I imagine you wouldn't be quite as awkward to hug as a house plant might be...

Roamin Catholic
:console: I understand you missing them, I found that to be the hardest thing about leaving for school. Good luck, I'll drop you into my prayers tonight. :bigpray:

[size=1]I have always been told that no matter where you are, if you go to church and just sit there, you will always feel at home.
[/size]

yeah im kinda feeling lonely too. except im at home. :(. but guess what? If i pray for you and you pray for me we'll be praying for each other and we'll be together in prayer! even though you don't know me...but it'll solve the lonely problem.

MissScripture

[quote name='Roamin_Catholic' post='1221710' date='Mar 28 2007, 11:08 PM']:console: I understand you missing them, I found that to be the hardest thing about leaving for school. Good luck, I'll drop you into my prayers tonight. :bigpray:[/quote]
Every time I leave home, it gets harder. I thought that it was supposed to get easier!
Don't drop me! I might get hurt! :P: Seriously, thanks for the prayers (to everyone who is praying for me).

[quote name='MissScripture' post='1221737' date='Mar 29 2007, 01:47 AM']Every time I leave home, it gets harder. I thought that it was supposed to get easier!
Don't drop me! I might get hurt! :P: Seriously, thanks for the prayers (to everyone who is praying for me).[/quote]

Unfortunately it never gets easier :( I have also developed a habit of becoming homesick for my home-away-from-home when I'm back with my family :sadder:

hoosieranna

Email, call, write a letter. Get in contact in some way, if you can. I'm 23, but six hours from home for school is still a long way. Been there, honey. Here's something my mom does: she'll call me, and tell me to hug myself. Meanwhile, she's squeezing herself. We call them "zen hugs."

:grouphug:

MissScripture

[quote name='Nadezhda' post='1221765' date='Mar 29 2007, 12:47 AM']Email, call, write a letter. Get in contact in some way, if you can. I'm 23, but six hours from home for school is still a long way. Been there, honey. Here's something my mom does: she'll call me, and tell me to hug myself. Meanwhile, she's squeezing herself. We call them "zen hugs."

:grouphug:[/quote]
Wait...are you 6 hours from home, too? Or did I say that earlier?
I don't call much, because most times they are not home. Or I'm not...curse not having a cell phone!