An Old School Catholic Message Board

I'm Lonely!

MissScripture

hoosieranna

[quote name='MissScripture' post='1221777' date='Mar 29 2007, 01:04 AM']Wait...are you 6 hours from home, too? Or did I say that earlier?
I don't call much, because most times they are not home. Or I'm not...curse not having a cell phone![/quote]

I am six hours from home, and no, you didn't say that earlier. Do you have email? Sometimes I'll just write a message telling them I'm not dead.

In college, I didn't get much mail. So, I asked family to write me and send me actual mail. My mom still writes weekly and my grandfather sends newspaper comics when he remembers. You might try asking your family to do something similar. You get actual mail and your family gets practice in the art of writing letters.

[quote name='CrossCuT' post='1221716' date='Mar 29 2007, 12:16 AM'][size=1]I have always been told that no matter where you are, if you go to church and just sit there, you will always feel at home.
[/size][/quote]
True.

[quote name='Tony' post='1221717' date='Mar 29 2007, 12:17 AM']have a chat with your Guardian Angel :)[/quote]
That's really good advice ^_^

When I was in the monastery I worked on my family letter every day. We were only allowed to send it once a month, but it was like keeping a journal of everything I was doing, etc., for them.

I'm really into writing so I enjoyed it, but not everyone likes to write. I have heard some people like to record messages onto a tape and send it to their family.

God bless :)

Lauren

Edited by Totus Tuus

MissScripture

[quote name='Nadezhda' post='1221783' date='Mar 29 2007, 01:08 AM']I am six hours from home, and no, you didn't say that earlier. Do you have email? Sometimes I'll just write a message telling them I'm not dead.

In college, I didn't get much mail. So, I asked family to write me and send me actual mail. My mom still writes weekly and my grandfather sends newspaper comics when he remembers. You might try asking your family to do something similar. You get actual mail and your family gets practice in the art of writing letters.[/quote]
Crazy, I'm six hours away, too (Well, only 5 1/2, if you drive fast enough...but shh, my mom doesn't like that).
I e-mail, but no one can make them e-mail back. And speaking of letters, I owe my grandma a letter! Mom used to write pretty regularly, but over the year, she's slowly dropped off writing; partially because it's been crazy busy at home/work.

But I think I might know why I'm feeling so lonely today; 7 years ago, when I was in 7th grade, my teacher, Sr. Helen, left today, and I never saw her again. She died of cancer over the summer (She left to have surgery and chemo). If not for her, I probably wouldn't be Catholic anymore...I probably would've gotten into a lot of trouble in highschool, and I wouldn't who I am today, at all! I wouldn't even have the name Miss Scripture! :sadder: I miss her!

Groo the Wanderer

[quote name='MissScripture' post='1221709' date='Mar 29 2007, 12:06 AM']I imagine you wouldn't be quite as awkward to hug as a house plant might be...[/quote]

Especially if it's a cactus :tumbleweed:

Oh...and here's one from me too :grouphug:

Edited by Groo the Wanderer

Proud2BCatholic139

[quote name='MissScripture' post='1221669' date='Mar 28 2007, 10:57 PM']I miss my family, especially my daddy! I really want a hug![/quote]

I know how you feel. I'm going to be moving 1600 miles away from my family, possibly forever. But, thank the Lord for communication such as e-mail, telephone, and web-cams. Webcams are awesome. :) Cling on to Jesus, He is your best friend.

MissScripture

Thanks for the hugs!
I e-mailed my parents this morning, telling them that it was 7 years ago that Sr. Helen left...
I made the mistake of checking my e-mail at workstudy and almost started bawling, right there, in the middle of the education dept., because just recently my mother met a nun who had lived with Sr. Helen and she was telling her all about her.