An Old School Catholic Message Board

Chocolate Jesus

dairygirl4u2c

wow.

this is unbelieveable.

If the creator of this chocolate gone sour was Mel Gibson, this wouldn't be a question of disrespect and he would have to apologize to us.........wait, we're Catholics...........so he may not have to.....

Kujo,

I was not looking to argue.

"Naughty Bits" as a euphemism perpetuates the heresy exemplified by Puritanism.

I am currently studying Pope John Paul II's Theology of the Body and am modifying my view of the Human Body accodringly.

Maybe I should have been more clear.

BTW - Thanks for the accusation.

Red

LouisvilleFan

[quote name='dairygirl4u2c' post='1227446' date='Apr 2 2007, 06:54 PM']Where did you hear that it was about easter's commercialization and that the artist was Catholic? That theory was exactly what I predicted could be the case. (minus that the artist was even Catholic to boot) You weren't referring to my statements earlier speculating that much were you?[/quote]

Yeah, it probably was. :) I read a press release that included some of the artist's comments, but he didn't say anything to that effect. Sometimes artists prefer to leave the interpretation of their works open rather than defining exactly what they had in mind.

I personally find the chocolate crucifix intriguing and a far better use of sugar and cocoa than a bunch of silly bunnies. At least this gets people talking about faith. You find out where people stand real quick when someone makes something "offensive." Is it really our responsibility to make people stop doing things we don't like, as if we have any control over their actions? Much less their hearts, which is the part that God is concerned about: "Rend not your garments but your hearts." This isn't a matter of morality or dogma, so I don't feel like just because I'm Catholic that I have to join the chorus chastising this guy. It would be more profitable to examine my own heart and see if [i]I'm[/i] not guilty of mocking the Lord by the way I approach the Eucharist, my attitude about prayer, or willingness to be a faithful witness around people who disagree with my beliefs. I'm sure I'm guilty of molding a few chocolate crucifixes of my own. Catholics and Orthodox make quite a claim that God is physically present among us, in our churches and tabernacles, and in the Eucharist. Of course, it's a testament to God's love and mercy that He allows His Presence to be taken for granted, which is all the [i]more[/i] reason to approach Holy Communion with "fear and trembling."