An Old School Catholic Message Board

A Question For Budge

hoosieranna

hoosieranna

Budge,
This isn't really a debate, but it made more sense to put it here than in open mic. I've noticed that you often refer to the KJV of the Bible. Do you not think newer versions, like the NIV or the NSV, are valid? I'm honestly curious and want to know. I'm not trying to start an argument.

Peace,
Anna

I do use only the KJV.

I am NOT KJV ONLY like Ruckmanites who believe it is new revelation but I will not use Bible versions I believe to be false. Some are worse then others. The NKJV does seem to match the orginal language ok, while NIV is terrible with run on sentences and other changes. Of course I avoid Catholic Bibles because there are major differences like Genesis 3:15 and those that come from the Alexandrian stream.

I believe in keeping to the Textus Receptus, and when studying the Bible, I do refer to the Hebrew and Greek--I have an online program for that.

I do believe that there have been many false changes to newer Bible verses especially by Holt and Westcott.

Thy Geekdom Come

[quote name='Budge' post='1223862' date='Mar 31 2007, 09:48 AM']I believe in keeping to the Textus Receptus, and when studying the Bible, I do refer to the Hebrew and Greek--I have an online program for that.[/quote]
Funny, Budge, everytime I bring the Greek into discussion, you ignore me.

Hey Im glad you bring Greek into discussion.

You do put more substance into your posts.

Im glad to hvae someone who takes things a bit further.

so keep up the good work.

Thy Geekdom Come

[quote name='Budge' post='1223881' date='Mar 31 2007, 10:03 AM']Hey Im glad you bring Greek into discussion.

You do put more substance into your posts.

Im glad to hvae someone who takes things a bit further.

so keep up the good work.[/quote]
If you were glad to have someone who takes it further, you'd respond to me. I had to bump our private topic about six times and you never once replied.

The Mary topic?

I honestly didnt know what to add there.

The Assumption of Mary is not in the BIble anyhow.

Thy Geekdom Come

[quote name='Budge' post='1223904' date='Mar 31 2007, 10:10 AM']The Mary topic?

I honestly didnt know what to add there.

The Assumption of Mary is not in the BIble anyhow.[/quote]
Budge, the topic was the Immaculate Conception. You turned it into the Assumption. Are you admitting that you had nothing left to say because I'd disproven your attacks?

...and yes, the Assumption is in the Bible. I showed that and you just ignored it.

Show me here again...

remember I am doing a dozen threads here at once...

Also the Immaculate Conception is not in the bible.

Thy Geekdom Come

[quote name='Budge' post='1224024' date='Mar 31 2007, 11:52 AM']Show me here again...

remember I am doing a dozen threads here at once...

Also the Immaculate Conception is not in the bible.[/quote]
I'm well aware that you [i]say[/i] the Immaculate Conception is in the Bible, but the thread was for you to prove that the Immaculate Conception, as defined by the Church, is not Scriptural. You can't just say that it isn't, ignore all my proof, not reply for a week or more, and then say once again that it isn't.

[url="http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/index.php?s=&showtopic=59911&view=findpost&p=1107900"]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/index.php?s...t&p=1107900[/url]

KnightofChrist

And I'd like Budge to tell me where in The Bible does spirit = symbol. Does spirit, in your opinion Budge, only = symbolism when referring to Christ body and blood or are there any other cases?

hoosieranna

[quote name='Budge' post='1223862' date='Mar 31 2007, 09:48 AM']I do use only the KJV.

I am NOT KJV ONLY like Ruckmanites who believe it is new revelation but I will not use Bible versions I believe to be false. Some are worse then others. The NKJV does seem to match the orginal language ok, while NIV is terrible with run on sentences and other changes. Of course I avoid Catholic Bibles because there are major differences like Genesis 3:15 and those that come from the Alexandrian stream.

I believe in keeping to the Textus Receptus, and when studying the Bible, I do refer to the Hebrew and Greek--I have an online program for that.

I do believe that there have been many false changes to newer Bible verses especially by Holt and Westcott.[/quote]

All right, thanks. I just wondered.

Ok :) Remember I am not a "Protestant" but what most would consider a fundamentalist Bible believing Christian.

KnightofChrist

And where in The Bible does spirit = symbol. Does spirit, in your opinion Budge, only = symbolism when referring to Christ body and blood or are there any other cases?

Gene Church

Budge: "Ok Remember I am not a "Protestant" but what most would consider a fundamentalist Bible believing Christian."

Having seen Budge's comments about Catholics, and her leaving the Church, she may choose to be called something else, but she is a Protestant.

Guest T-Bone

[quote name='Budge' post='1224649' date='Mar 31 2007, 08:21 PM']Ok :) Remember I am not a "Protestant" but what most would consider a fundamentalist Bible believing Christian.[/quote]

Most would consider that a Protestant.