An Old School Catholic Message Board

A Question For Budge

hoosieranna

I think the term indicates a formation based upon rejection of the Catholic Church, whereas Budge seems to view herself as defined by her acceptance of the revelations contained within the Bible. It may look like the same thing to many, but the motivation is oceans apart.

cmotherofpirl

[quote name='Winchester' post='1225672' date='Apr 1 2007, 11:55 AM']I think the term indicates a formation based upon rejection of the Catholic Church, whereas Budge seems to view herself as defined by her acceptance of the revelations contained within the Bible. It may look like the same thing to many, but the motivation is oceans apart.[/quote]
Since Budge spends her time here protesting the Church, she is definitely a [i]protestant[/i]. Claiming a motivation as "saving us" doesn't make her any less a protestant, since she is anti-catholic here and not proChrist. That is not an insult, but if you look at all of Budges threads or responses 99%of the time that is what is happening.

[quote]not proChrist.[/quote]

Come on explain that one, when I defend the exclusiveness of Jesus Christ every day here when I stand against the interfaith movement and tell people they need to be saved in Him...

cmotherofpirl

[quote name='Budge' post='1225700' date='Apr 1 2007, 01:38 PM']Come on explain that one, when I defend the exclusiveness of Jesus Christ every day here when I stand against the interfaith movement and tell people they need to be saved in Him...[/quote]

But its your particular version of Christ from your particular interpretation of the Scripture, and it lacks any authority but your own. Why should anyone believe your version as opposed to any particular version from any other fundamentalist? Why should your version mean anymore to anyone than somebody from the Church of Christ, the Unitarians, the Anglicans, the Methodists, Lutherans etc? Its just your opinion versus theirs, and you all claim to be inspired by the same Holy Spirit, ya know , the same one who all the televanglists have whispering in their ear. You have no authority, just your own opinion.
So you are "pro your version of Christ", but cannot claim it is THE CHRIST" who died to save us all. You have no more personal authority than any other group out there.
The word 'christian' lacks any particular meaning anymore becuase you and Bishop Spong claim the same title.

[quote]But its your particular version of Christ from your particular interpretation of the Scripture, and it lacks any authority but your own.[/quote]

Your church has chained scripture away from your heart by telling you it needs interpetation from "experts" to be understood. No it can be understood and the gospel is right in there. I learned the gospel even while still Catholic reading a badly translated Catholic Bible in the book of Romans and Hebrews.

Gods Word is my authority, I do not depend on my "own authority"

The mainliners no longer believe in Gods Word, and deny its inerrancy, looking to philosophy and everywhere else for "truth"

All those church denominations you list look to OTHER SOURCES besides God's Word. Church of Christ follows Rome's early deceivers and councils, the unitarian follow human philosophies. Anglicans, Methodists, Lutherans, those are mostly daughter churches that have latched on to What Rome teaches. Lutheranism is essentially Catholic Lite, and the Anglicans just a liberal wing of the Roman Catholic church.

Bishop Spong may think he is a Christian but via those fruits, he is not. he is NOT a believer in Gods Word nor the gospel, and is basically a Unitarian in vestments.

Heres the difference, I believe Gods Word and as much as yuo want to try to say I am teaching MY OWN THINGS, that is SIMPLY NOT TRUE as Gods Word is the foundation of what I talk about here.

Guess Ill ask a question, your profile says youre a Non-Catholic Christian, what kind of church are you associated with?

cmotherofpirl

[quote name='Budge' post='1226151' date='Apr 1 2007, 07:01 PM']Your church has chained scripture away from your heart by telling you it needs interpetation from "experts" to be understood. No it can be understood and the gospel is right in there. I learned the gospel even while still Catholic reading a badly translated Catholic Bible in the book of Romans and Hebrews.

Gods Word is my authority, I do not depend on my "own authority"

The mainliners no longer believe in Gods Word, and deny its inerrancy, looking to philosophy and everywhere else for "truth"

All those church denominations you list look to OTHER SOURCES besides God's Word. Church of Christ follows Rome's early deceivers and councils, the unitarian follow human philosophies. Anglicans, Methodists, Lutherans, those are mostly daughter churches that have latched on to What Rome teaches. Lutheranism is essentially Catholic Lite, and the Anglicans just a liberal wing of the Roman Catholic church.

Bishop Spong may think he is a Christian but via those fruits, he is not. he is NOT a believer in Gods Word nor the gospel, and is basically a Unitarian in vestments.

Heres the difference, I believe Gods Word and as much as yuo want to try to say I am teaching MY OWN THINGS, that is SIMPLY NOT TRUE as Gods Word is the foundation of what I talk about here.[/quote]

Your version of God's Word and again, your version is no better than Spongs because you lack any authority behind your opinion.
Anybody can read the Scriptures and decide their opinion, and what makes your opinion any better than Spongs? Becuase you say so?? Because the Holy Spirit says so?? Spong says the same thing. Its your word against anybody elses private opinion, and none of you have any proof that your version is any better than someone elses. Spong at least is a bishop. What makes your version any better than his.??? .....because you think it is, again with no proof to show for it.

hoosieranna

[quote name='Budge' post='1226191' date='Apr 1 2007, 05:14 PM']Guess Ill ask a question, your profile says youre a Non-Catholic Christian, what kind of church are you associated with?[/quote]

Fair enough. I was raised and baptized in a run of the mill non-denominational church. That church started getting involved in city politics, which made my parents uncomfortable. My dad became an atheist. My mom, sister, and me went back to the church my mom grew up in, which is associated with the Church of Christ. Things got weird there. Truly strange, not just something that might be ignored with a slight change in point of view.

We left that one because it was getting scary. I went to a college associated with the Evangelical Lutheran Church of America (ELCA), and liked the somewhat formal liturgy and tradition present in the weekly services. It contrasted with the services I was used to: sing three songs and hear a 90 minute hellfire sermon. I told my mom, who now attends an ELCA church in our hometown. She isn't a member, but is seriously considering it.

I'm currently between churches. I moved to another state to pursue schooling and didn't have a support system already in place. I'm "figuring things out" as it were. I don't pick and choose what I like, I'm just trying to see what I believe and why. That's still a prickly issue, but it's coalescing.

Does that answer your question?

Edited by Nadezhda

hoosieranna

Glad to do it. I'm getting more good from Phatmass than I thought I would. It's really great.

Thanks for explaining. Hey while I hope you find a good church that sticks to Gods Word, I know it is a minefield out there even if one is searching just among evangelical churches. I recently moved from a great church and even I am in that same place being inbetween churches as you are...;)

Whats wrong with a hellfire sermon? Actually if I found a church here that even just mentioned hell acouple times, my search may be over.

I of course wouldnt be Lutheran as you can tell by now by my beliefs, but I am very close to someone who was raised in the ECLA.

Gene Church

BUDGE--

THE SECOND COMMANDMENT...{where is it in the Catholic 10?}
Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth. Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them.

I doubt seriously that you mean this as a question (if you do, I apologize) but it is merely a question of numbering. It is a part of the First Commandment.

KnightofChrist

[quote name='Gene Church' post='1226388' date='Apr 1 2007, 06:22 PM']BUDGE--

THE SECOND COMMANDMENT...{where is it in the Catholic 10?}
Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth. Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them.

I doubt seriously that you mean this as a question (if you do, I apologize) but it is merely a question of numbering. It is a part of the First Commandment.[/quote]

She been told this before many times, yet she continues the lie.