An Old School Catholic Message Board

You Know Your School Is Catholic When...

Thy Geekdom Come

Thy Geekdom Come

When the lifting up of palms in praise of the Lord is not restricted to just Palm Sunday.

I went to a catholic high school, but go to a large public university......A world of difference! I *almost* miss the ease of wearing a uniform--no worries on what to wear! :)

[quote name='Raphael' post='1225758' date='Apr 1 2007, 02:35 PM']When the lifting up of palms in praise of the Lord is not restricted to just Palm Sunday.[/quote]

Are you talking about palm branches or the palm of your hand?

You know your High school is Catholic when they announce what priest will be in the confessional after school.

Thy Geekdom Come

[quote name='Old_Joe' post='1225966' date='Apr 1 2007, 03:07 PM']Are you talking about palm branches or the palm of your hand?[/quote]
;)

CoffeeCatholic

You know the school you TEACH at is Catholic when you throw parties for the patron Saints of your discipline and for your kids patron Saint's feast days if their birthdays fall in the summer.

(Background: I brought in Donuts for the Feast of St. Albert the Great because he was a fat guy, and since we are called to emulate the Saints, i thought it would be appropriate to fatten up my little high schoolers a little too! They enjoyed the surprise)

while watching a Papal Mass on EWTN, you and your friends start a drinking game wherein you take a drink every time you see the Pope on TV.

there are waaaaaaaaay too many people that wanna go to DC for the march for life and its the first 35 people...and people race to the chaperone's room after school on teh first day of registration to get a spot, some using their influence with teachers to get out of class early to guarantee a spot....

[quote name='aalpha1989' post='1237034' date='Apr 9 2007, 08:25 PM']your teachers will let you leave class to pray in the presence of the blessed sacrament[/quote]

woah. that's awesome.