An Old School Catholic Message Board

Blades Of Glory

kujo

I don't like any of Will Ferrel's movies except Elf.... lol. I have no desire to see this movie, it looks pretty aweful if you ask me.

I think Elf is his greatest movie to date

I also thought that Blades of Glory was very funny - but not quite as funny as Talladega nights. And Elf blows them all away ... if for no other reason, for the cleanliness - but I also thought it was very funny.

"It makes my hair shine like the Belt of Orion."
"My victory in Boston was as sweet as the cream pie from the city it's named after"
"Mind-bottling. Like your mind is trapped in a bottle."
"They laughed at Louie Armstrong when he said he was going to the moon, and now he's laughing at them from up there."

I'll check out "Blades" for sure, but not nec. in a theater. Will Ferrell is a great actor, though, for sure. "Anchorman" was hilarious, though very inappropriate, which bothered me. "Elf" is classic, and suitable for the family. Haven't seen Talladega, and don't really want/need to, as most of what I've heard and read pins it as a sub-par "Anchorman." "Stranger Than Fiction" was brilliant. Loved that one. "Kicking and Screaming" was aweful. I saw it in the theater, and laughed only a few times. But the trio in "Blades" of Ferrell, Heder and Arnett (who was hilarious in Arrested Development) is sure to bring many laughs. I'm looking forward to another great Ferrell film!

Here are my grades:

Anchorman= A- (if the level of inappropriateness was lower, I'd give it an A+)
Elf= A
Kicking and Screaming= C
Talladega Nights= N/A
Stranger than Fiction= A (as has been stated, a really good flick)
Blades of Glory= N/A

[quote name='Proud2BCatholic139' post='1235180' date='Apr 8 2007, 05:07 PM']I want to see Elf. :)[/quote]
ok . . . so go see it then :detective:

I MUST share this. (To impress all the Elf fans. It's a true story btw.)

I watched Elf with my best friend a few years ago. He remarked several times that I am like the Elf character.

And YES, the weather is fine up here on my pedestal. :smokey: