An Old School Catholic Message Board

By Their Fruits You Shall Recognize Them

carrdero

This is a common scriptural phrase to observe and recognize the people who are closely associated to the wil of God.

How are these fruits supposed to behave, act or respond?

How can we make the connection of what is required by God to the people who follow Him?

Is this a fair assessment?

With the many interpretation and translations of the Bible how can an organization measure among the many other different religions? How can we tell or judge who has good fruit?

What are we to do with all the trees that do not produce good fruit?

hoosieranna

[quote name='carrdero' post='1226875' date='Apr 2 2007, 12:39 AM']What are we to do with all the trees that do not produce good fruit?[/quote]

Put on extra fertilizer (literally and/or figuratively)?

Guest T-Bone

[quote name='carrdero' post='1226875' date='Apr 1 2007, 11:39 PM']What are we to do with all the trees that do not produce good fruit?[/quote]

Kill them!

Kill them all!

[b]Mat 7:15 ¶ Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.

Mat 7:16 Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?[/b]

Applying this to the Catholic church as well as other apostate Protestant ones...well this demands an action on behalf of a true Christian believer.

NOT TO FOLLOW WOLVES.

{I apply this to BAPTIST WOLVES as well like Rick Warren, Jerry Falwell, Ruckman and more}

Thy Geekdom Come

[quote name='Budge' post='1227035' date='Apr 2 2007, 10:05 AM'][b]Mat 7:15 ¶ Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.

Mat 7:16 Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?[/b]

Applying this to the Catholic church as well as other apostate Protestant ones...well this demands an action on behalf of a true Christian believer.

NOT TO FOLLOW WOLVES.

{I apply this to BAPTIST WOLVES as well like Rick Warren, Jerry Falwell, Ruckman and more}[/quote]
Budge, you refuse to acknowledge the fruit in the Catholic Church. Jesus was not saying that whole churches would be good or bad, He was referring to individuals. Thus, He said that there would be weeds sown in among the wheat in His Church. You see the weeds and refuse to acknowledge the wheat, and because of the weeds, you consider all of Catholicism to bear bad fruit.

[quote]udge, you refuse to acknowledge the fruit in the Catholic Church.[/quote]

The Catholic Church does some good charity work...

but then so do the Mormons...

This to me does not cover up the fact of false teachings.

Remember I consider salvation an individual issue, I do believe God will be calling more Catholic people out. Remember Revelation 17 speaks of HIS PEOPLE. {I believe God is calling others out of false daughter churches as well}

perhaps my calling out was just earlier then most.

Guest T-Bone

[quote name='Budge' post='1227073' date='Apr 2 2007, 09:34 AM']The Catholic Church does some good charity work...

but then so do the Mormons...

This to me does not cover up the fact of false teachings.

Remember I consider salvation an individual issue, I do believe God will be calling more Catholic people out. Remember Revelation 17 speaks of HIS PEOPLE. {I believe God is calling others out of false daughter churches as well}

perhaps my calling out was just earlier then most.[/quote]

Is it God calling them out, or Satan?

God.

[b]Rev 18:4 And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues.[/b]

Guest T-Bone

[quote name='Budge' post='1227096' date='Apr 2 2007, 10:00 AM']God.

[b]Rev 18:4 And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues.[/b][/quote]

Satan still gets my vote. He misuses scripture too.

Thy Geekdom Come

[quote name='Budge' post='1227136' date='Apr 2 2007, 11:32 AM']what do YOU think that verse means then.

or is your choice just to IGNORE it?[/quote]
You ignore all the Scripture we post.

Anyway, the fact of the matter is that the Catholic Church does far more than "good social work." The Catholic Church has more people that died for the Name of Jesus than all other religious groups combined.

Sorry, but the martyrs tell us what the faith is...they died for it...if we don't listen to them, we believe in vain.

[quote name='Raphael' post='1227306' date='Apr 2 2007, 04:52 PM']You ignore all the Scripture we post.

Anyway, the fact of the matter is that the Catholic Church does far more than "good social work." The Catholic Church has more people that died for the Name of Jesus than all other religious groups combined.

Sorry, but the martyrs tell us what the faith is...they died for it...if we don't listen to them, we believe in vain.[/quote]

Amen. Nothing speaks louder than the blood of Martyrs... oh and don't even bother to refer to the infidels killed in scripture... I'm watching you :) *does the pointing thing with two fingers moving from eyes to Budge*

[quote name='Raphael' post='1227057' date='Apr 2 2007, 11:21 AM']Budge, you refuse to acknowledge the fruit in the Catholic Church. Jesus was not saying that whole churches would be good or bad, He was referring to individuals. Thus, He said that there would be weeds sown in among the wheat in His Church. You see the weeds and refuse to acknowledge the wheat, and because of the weeds, you consider all of Catholicism to bear bad fruit.[/quote]
Raphael are you referring that we our own trees and that we have to mind our own fruit or are you talking about the tree being the church and that the fruit are the members?