An Old School Catholic Message Board

Hyper Has Resigned

dUSt

Hyper has resigned as moderator of the Debate Table.

Such a sad day.

There is now officially one opening. You may send your entries to me at webmaster@phatmass.com. The drawing will be held soon.

I hate it when ANY moderator leaves.

As you might know, I own and operate another industry discussion site.

My moderators are family, we of course, often disagree, that is the flesh in our bodies, and when that happens, I agonize more than you will ever know when one feels that the board is not giving what the moderator wanted.

Often that Mediator of Meh remains a dear friend, and after some reflective time, wounds are patched up, and restoration happens, sometimes not.

In truth, the STRENGTH of a site is it's diversity, and even the opposition to the main theme of the site adds to the sites interest, activity, and the users become a family. Like ALL families [especially the disfunctional ones like those in the Bible that GOD uses to work HIS will ] they have members that radically disagree, war, fight, love, hate, support, not support Gods ultimate design.

This site is as it is because God wants it that way. Something good ALWAYS comes out of God fearing men working out His message.

Does any one moderator make a site, no. Do ALL moderators make a site, no. Really, does even the owner make the site, NO! What makes a site? Synergy. The interplay of EVERYTHING, the posters, topics, issues, operations, disagreements, OVER TIME, ultimately works to the benefit of things.

Romans:

28And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him,[10] who[11] have been called according to his purpose.

This is 15 years of site management talking, lots of hard lessons learned, and the way it always played out ultimately.

One thing is POSITIVELY true about this site, EVERYONE here Loves God. Period. Everyone fights so passionately, works so diligently to PROVE ever tittle because they do. They just disagree on THE BEST WAY to do that.

Hyper. Put your tail between your legs, and get back to work.

XXX

Edited by Bruce S

Bruce, believe it or not, u didnt chase him away...

it was fellow Catholics... they was bein a bit... errrrghh....

anyway, it's prolly best for Hyper's sanity he's no longer a moderator :cool:

CatholicAndFanatical

hmm..sorry hyper if I was one of them that caused you to leave as a moderator..to make it up to you my friend, because I like you, I will be a moderator. I know, I know, its a scary job. But theres nothing a cattle prod cant take care of. :D

ok, all seriousness, being a moderator is tough business. I was a moderator on a few gaming forums for Unreal Tournament. At least here at phatmass we have a since of manners and respect, at least sometimes. There I was dealing with a bunch of 12 year olds that acted like sailors..ugh. Whod think a 13 year old knew such words..

God Bless ya Hyper, at least you'll still be hanging around the boards right? Right? :(

where has vianney been?

That's a good question. I may have to replace Vianney with someone else too. Not that I don't think he's a great person--but because he hasn't been very active recently. What I really need is someone who doesn't have a job, and spends the majority of their spare time here. hahaha

hyperdulia again

"What I really need is someone who doesn't have a job, and spends the majority of their spare time here."

Did somebody call me? :lol:

dum dum DUM (no not dumb)

What he said. And no, Aloysisuios ( :roll: ) I don't think you would be a good moderator. :mellow: