Jump to content
Join our Facebook Group ×
An Old School Catholic Message Board

Knights Of Columbus, Are You One?


Are you a member of the Knights of Columbus?  

63 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Well my Brothers, reveal yourselves!!!


[size=4][b]- 4th Degree [/b][/size]
[b][i]Blessed Trinity[/i] - Council #11741[/b] (Local council)
[b][i]Patrick Henry[/i] - Assembly #1720[/b] (4th Degree)

Edited by Paladin D
Roamin Catholic
Posted

oh why yes I am, kinda... We are starting a college council at my school, which is difficult considering its smack in the middle of the bible belt...I should be going through 1st degree on the 19th...My father is/was a 3rd degree and a former grand knight...

Posted

2nd Degree

I've been inactive the last year or so, moving about between school and home. But I'm wedding in July and settling down at a nice parish where I can finally do some more knightly things again.

BullnaChinaShop
Posted

3rd Degree

Posted

3rd degree

Council Cardinal Bellarmine 4849
(I dont know the number for my assembly)

I just received 2nd and 3rd just less than a month ago.

Posted (edited)

[quote name='Roamin_Catholic' post='1230856' date='Apr 5 2007, 02:34 AM']oh why yes I am, kinda... We are starting a college council at my school, which is difficult considering its smack in the middle of the bible belt...I should be going through 1st degree on the 19th...My father is/was a 3rd degree and a former grand knight...[/quote]

I can understand how you feel, our council is not very large, and we're in rural south-side Virginia (which is still very Southern in culture). My father joined the Brotherhood soon after I joined, it's nice when you have a family member who's involved too.


[quote name='Paladin' post='1230968' date='Apr 5 2007, 07:57 AM']2nd Degree

I've been inactive the last year or so, moving about between school and home. But I'm wedding in July and settling down at a nice parish where I can finally do some more knightly things again.[/quote]


Congratulations! Hope the wedding goes well, it's a big step in your life. Any Knight with common sense will understand, there are times where we can't be very active (I work in the restaurant business, so the hours can be very odd).


[quote name='BullnaChinaShop' post='1231069' date='Apr 5 2007, 11:29 AM']3rd Degree[/quote]


Glad to have you onboard, Brother.


[quote name='Didymus' post='1231076' date='Apr 5 2007, 11:36 AM']3rd degree

Council Cardinal Bellarmine 4849
(I dont know the number for my assembly)

I just received 2nd and 3rd just less than a month ago.[/quote]


You aren't assigned to an Assembly till you reach 4th. They are somewhat like... "4th Degree" councils. :lol:

Edited by Paladin D
Posted

Sorry, I haven't grown the body part I need for that.

My husband is though.

Phoenix Reborn
Posted

My dad is a 4th degree...just hasn't been able to anything these past years, the KoC isn't active at my parish AND he's disabled.

Posted (edited)

[quote name='prose' post='1231136' date='Apr 5 2007, 01:23 PM']Sorry, I haven't grown the body part I need for that.

My husband is though.[/quote]


:lol_roll:

Nice, though the KofC is a family organization. In my council, we have badges for the wives, and they assist us in activities from time to time. They aren't Knights, more like Knight-Aids.


[quote name='Phoenix Reborn' post='1231139' date='Apr 5 2007, 01:27 PM']My dad is a 4th degree...just hasn't been able to anything these past years, the KoC isn't active at my parish AND he's disabled.[/quote]


I'm sorry to hear that. It's sad to see how some councils are inactive in certain regions, hopefully they'll get re-energized and continue the mission.

Edited by Paladin D
Posted

I'm a 3rd degree! But then again, Dallas, you knew that already. ;)

1337 k4th0l1x0r
Posted

Ni!

Posted

Ekke, Ekke, Ekke, Ekke, Ptang, Zoo Ping! [Goodem-zoo-owli-zhiv].

Posted

I strongly recommend [b]all 3rd degrees[/b] to pursue the (Patriotism) 4th degree. It is the most beautiful and awesome ceremony of them all. You're no longer simply a "Knight", but a "Sir Knight" from that point forward.

Lounge Daddy
Posted

boo-ya!

3rd degree

AlterDominicus
Posted

I am a Dominican Knight. A little something I created, I have an official t-shirt I made and a few other things and am working on a Code of Honor

CatholicCid
Posted (edited)

Nope, not a knight. Never really thought about joining either.

[quote name='Paladin D' post='1231143' date='Apr 5 2007, 11:34 AM']:lol_roll:

Nice, though the KofC is a family organization. In my council, we have badges for the wives, and they assist us in activities from time to time. They aren't Knights, more like Knight-Aids.[/quote]

Maybe they should look into the Catholic Daughters of the Americas

Sounds cool Alter, since most of these started small, who knows

Edited by CatholicCid
Posted

3rd degree dallas

of coarse you already know that

Mary's Knight, La
Posted

3rd Degree, also getting married in July. After that I'm gonna look at 4th.

thessalonian
Posted

3rd

Posted

[quote name='Paladin D' post='1231143' date='Apr 5 2007, 11:34 AM']Nice, though the KofC is a family organization. In my council, we have badges for the wives, and they assist us in activities from time to time.[/quote]

Badges? Like brownies?

No offense, but that sounds kinda geeky. :hehe:

And I wasn't complaining that it is fraternal. I think men need places they can go talk to other boys. Some sort of primal instinct.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...