An Old School Catholic Message Board

I'm So Lost..

Fidei Defensor

catholicinsd

[quote name='fidei defensor' post='1232899' date='Apr 6 2007, 08:43 PM']Please pray for me. I don't know what to think or how to feel anymore. I'm lost..[/quote]

May we ask what the matter is my friend?

Fidei Defensor

I don't know. I haven't been to Mass in 3 weeks. I feel so.. I don't know. I can't handle going there. This Easter.. is so empty for me.

[quote name='fidei defensor' post='1232899' date='Apr 6 2007, 06:43 PM']Please pray for me. I don't know what to think or how to feel anymore. I'm lost..[/quote]

ok :sign: Please take good care of yourself.

We all have moments when we feel lost in life. It is part of the human condition. Just hang in there, know that this feeling will pass. The Lord understands, just put your trust in Him. Do the best you can to get through this rough patch. When you can't pray, don't worry, your phamily will help out until you can.
Alicemary

[quote name='mortify' post='1233059' date='Apr 6 2007, 11:50 PM']We've all had those moments brother.[/quote]

That's really the truth.

Jared: Take care and know that you are in a great many peoples prayers. Your extended and virtual Phatmass family are thinking about you and I personally hope that you will indeed find someone to talk to about what is troubling you.

God knows your heart and he knows what you need. He will provide, but allow him in!

cmotherofpirl

[quote name='fidei defensor' post='1232916' date='Apr 6 2007, 09:58 PM']I don't know. I haven't been to Mass in 3 weeks. I feel so.. I don't know. I can't handle going there. This Easter.. is so empty for me.[/quote]

When you get to this point, habits take over. You say your prayers even though they feel meaningless, you go to Mass even though you feel nothing or it annoys the hell out of you. God will provide in His good time, until then we are called to be faithful, even when we want to run screaming in the other direction.

[u]This is a test, that [b]everyone[/b] goes thru sooner or later.[/u]
God is asking "can you wait in the garden with me?", "can you suffer along with me", "can you hang in there with me, without any of the consolations, or any of the joys?"
God doesn't ask if we feel like going, it isn't an option. Faith is not about "feelings". If you never felt another joy at Mass you still go.

Before you feel Easter, you must LIVE thru Good Friday.
May God grant you swift passage.
Prayers.