An Old School Catholic Message Board

I'm So Lost..

Fidei Defensor

[quote name='cmotherofpirl' post='1233438' date='Apr 7 2007, 04:16 PM'][u]This is a test, that [b]everyone[/b] goes thru sooner or later.[/u]
God is asking "can you wait in the garden with me?", "can you suffer along with me", "can you hang in there with me, without any of the consolations, or any of the joys?"
God doesn't ask if we feel like going, it isn't an option. Faith is not about "feelings". If you never felt another joy at Mass you still go.[/quote]

So true
Again my prayers.

Fidei Defensor

Please continue to pray for me. Tomorrow, I should be able to get to confession and Mass. I hope that I can come out of this darkness, and though I ignored and missed lent, and the joy of Easter morning, I can still come to the feast and celebrate during Eastertide.

EcceNovaFacioOmni

God bless you with your struggle. I'm having one as well and would gladly discuss this if that is your desire.

Ash Wednesday

My prayers are with you. It really is frustrating to be in a spiritual trial during the holiest time of the year. You're definitely not alone on that one. Persist. Don't give up. Let us know how things go.

prayers

I think its safe to say we've all been there, in the dry periods etc. The best thing is to get to confession and let it all out to know the warmth of the love of our Lord in the Eucharist

Lounge Daddy

heck ya! I've been there... I've been there in a very big way TWICE
what works is

#1 - ask God for perseverance. Pray for that gift at the start of every day.

to persist in going to Mass and prayer

to persist in communicating with God through prayer (even if it's shouting at Him)

but most of all
#1 - ask God for perseverance. Pray for that gift every day.

photosynthesis

I will be praying that you make a good confession and that God endows you with the virtues of hope and perseverence to get you through this.

Jared

It's ok..You can Pm me or email me..I've been through this a lot...I don't know if I can help but I'm a excellent listener..I'll pray for you though....
..Please keep plugging . I know zero about anything but I can listen ..

Tom :sadder:

Edited by ttomm46