An Old School Catholic Message Board

New Statistics

jkaands

[quote name='jkaands' post='1239223' date='Apr 11 2007, 09:24 PM']I would like some more info on your allegation that Joan CHICHESTER, OSB, is "living in 'open defience (sic) of the Church and the Holy Father"

references and sources, please.[/quote]
Perhaps this would be better done in a PM or in another phorum.

HeavenlyCalling

[quote name='shortnun' post='1239354' date='Apr 11 2007, 11:07 PM']Perhaps this would be better done in a PM or in another phorum.[/quote]
I've kinda already awnsered. Where else would we put it?

[quote name='HeavenlyCalling' post='1239343' date='Apr 11 2007, 10:47 PM']I remember reading in a book somewhere ( I'll try to find it) that when the CMSWR was first formed, the relationship with the LCWR was NOT very smooth at all, and I was just wondering how that has changed and how they interact. Thank ou for your time ,Sr.[/quote]
[b][url="http://www.lcwr.org/lcwraboutus/history.htm"]Here's a link[/url][/b] with information directly from the LCWR website.

onlygrace08

[quote name='HeavenlyCalling' post='1239304' date='Apr 11 2007, 10:11 PM']That would be a wonderful paper, esp. if you could really capture the true vocation of woman. If you haven't already read it, I suggest JP2s letter to woman, which I'll look around on line for...

[url="http://www.vatican.va/holy_father/john_paul_ii/apost_letters/documents/hf_jp-ii_apl_15081988_mulieris-dignitatem_en.html"]aha! Here it is![/url]

And [url="http://ncronline.org/NCR_Online/documents/Discipleship.htm"]HERE[/url] is a speech Sr. Joan gave to the Womans Ordination Worldwide ( wow) conference. jaands, I dont think you can deny thaat this is directly opposed to the Churchs teachings, and given that she has already been told once ( at least) not to attend such conferences she is

I rest my case.

God Bless and Mary Keep you all!![/quote]

Thanks! I think this would be a good thing to look into, especially after discussing it with a couple of friends today who hold views against those of the church. I had no clue what to say!

Incarnate Word Postulant

It makes me sad to hear the negative comments about Sisters in the LCWR...thre are many communities who are faithful to the Church, habit or no habit. I try to understand but I just don't get why we have to use this phorum to put down every LCWR Sister. We can not see into the hearts of others. Let's leave that to God, instead let's strive for holiness, compassion and a radical living of the Gospel.

May God bless each and everyone of you. Happy Easter. May the joy of the Resurrected Lord inundate your hearts.

sr. mary helga, iwbs

be_thou_my_vision

[quote name='Incarnate Word Postulant' post='1239760' date='Apr 12 2007, 07:50 AM']It makes me sad to hear the negative comments about Sisters in the LCWR...thre are many communities who are faithful to the Church, habit or no habit. I try to understand but I just don't get why we have to use this phorum to put down every LCWR Sister. We can not see into the hearts of others. Let's leave that to God, instead let's strive for holiness, compassion and a radical living of the Gospel.

May God bless each and everyone of you. Happy Easter. May the joy of the Resurrected Lord inundate your hearts.

sr. mary helga, iwbs[/quote]
Amen Sister

HeavenlyCalling

[quote name='jkaands' post='1239173' date='Apr 11 2007, 09:02 PM']Well, I, for one, am glad that we have one honest-to-God NUN on this forum instead of a host of *others* who are very free with their aspersions about any order not the DMMO's or Nashvillians or OCDs.[/quote]
Is there something wrong with the SMME, Nashville Dominicans or Discaled Carmleites?

[quote name='Incarnate Word Postulant' post='1239760' date='Apr 12 2007, 08:50 AM']It makes me sad to hear the negative comments about Sisters in the LCWR...thre are many communities who are faithful to the Church, habit or no habit. I try to understand but I just don't get why we have to use this phorum to put down every LCWR Sister. We can not see into the hearts of others. Let's leave that to God, instead let's strive for holiness, compassion and a radical living of the Gospel.[/quote]
You are very right, sister. I think we may focus too much on the very few that are disloyal, and not focus on the loyal majority. I do not think that anyone means to put down EVERY LCWR sister. I am very sorry if I have done anything to encourage this image.

Ubi caritas et amor, ubi caritas Deus ibi est.

Many LCWR communities host the Sisters I'm entering when we do missions. Without their sisterly hospitality, we would not be able to do as much.

[quote name='HeavenlyCalling' post='1240011' date='Apr 12 2007, 12:15 PM']Is there something wrong with the SMME, Nashville Dominicans or Discaled Carmleites?
You are very right, sister. I think we may focus too much on the very few that are disloyal, and not focus on the loyal majority. I do not think that anyone means to put down EVERY LCWR sister. I am very sorry if I have done anything to encourage this image.[/quote]

There is nothing wrong whatsoever with the SMME, nashville Dominicans or DC's. But there are a lot of other good orders out there as well, many without either habits or a feminist agenda.

I guess that was a bit much. I just know a couple particular religious groups on there that pull down the attraction to religious life. Ones that used to be sooooooo beautiful, but have had liberal sisters run them down. They turn them into places that are not hardly an image of how they were created to be. Ones that turn to a bunch of raiki, tai chi, ect...crazy stuff.
To each his own- and I'm sure not all the orders are "Bad" (my words).. but if you are a wonderful order I wouldn't want to be affiliated with something that attracts the orders that I talked about above.

And I know sisters within these orders that are wonderful and who do wonderful work..
It's just unfortunate that a lot of the true charism is lost over time.

I'm sorry I jumped to the gun and made a comment about the whole website- my fault, my fault, my fault.
I'll hit the confessional, I'm truly sorry.
The site is still not my cup of tea- gotta be honest- I'll just keep my mouth shut next time.

Edited by JuCa

. <<They turn them into places that are not hardly an image of how they were created to be. Ones that turn to a bunch of raiki, tai chi, ect...crazy stuff. >>

[/quote]

I swear the darnest stuff turns up on this forum...

Here's something about reiki:

[url="http://www.reiki.org/FAQ/WhatIsReiki.html"]http://www.reiki.org/FAQ/WhatIsReiki.html[/url]

I don't know anything about it directly--ie I haven't studied it or done it , but it doesn't sounds as if there's anything "crazy" about it.

As for tai chi, which I have done, this is an ancient well-respected mode of Chinese movement, exercise, meditation and relaxation, which is especially useful for older people and those recovering from physical trauma, stress, surgery, etc. Again, nothing 'crazy' about it!

johnnydigit

k so i'm new here, but is it me or are there mostly girls here? anyone know the statistics for girls vs. guys in discernment?

anywho, some interesting stats - recently i heard that of all the available excorcists in the US (i forget the total. 20 something?), 100% of them are over the age of 70. <insert sarcastic joke here>. one of the reasons is it takes many, many years and tons of training to become a qualified excorcist.

also there are like 100 something excorcists working directly for Rome worldwide. i heard the preceding from one of them..

A Yearning Heart

I think i read somewhere that an official exorcism course is now being offered in Rome (?)

the lords sheep

although all of this is :offtopic: and I do not want this to become a debate, here is an article explaining why Reiki and other forms of the New Age Movement are not in line with Christian/Catholic beliefs. It sites the new Vatican document "Jesus Christ, the bearer of the water of Life."
[url="http://www.in-unity.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=32&Itemid=1&limit=1&limitstart=1"]article[/url]

Again, although :offtopic: I have heard from multiple sources that there is one appointed excorist in every diocese, although I can not verify this

Anyway, back to topic, let us continue to pray for good, faithful, and holy vocations to the priesthood and religious life.
Mary, Mother of the Church, ask your Son to create in us the hearts of servants, so that we may learn to love Him