An Old School Catholic Message Board

Irl National Meeting In Mundelein

srmarymichael

srmarymichael

This weekend is the annual meeting for the Institute for Religious Life:

[color="#0000FF"][b]Free Youth Session Expected to Draw Crowd April 14 at IRL National Meeting

Many youth are expected to attend Saturday's session of the IRL's National Meeting April 13-15 in Mundelein, Illinois. The session, which is free for youth who are pre-registered, attracted more than 250 persons last year. The theme of this year's conference is "Prayer: Pathway to Holiness." [/b][/color]

If you're interested, you can go to their website. Follow the link to register. If you can't go, please pray for us! ^_^

[url="http://www.religiouslife.com/"]IRL's WEBSITE[/url]

srmarymichael

[quote name='AlterDominicus' post='1236045' date='Apr 9 2007, 10:41 AM']Sister are you going???? (:lol:) Just curious.[/quote]

Yes, I'm going this year! Maybe I'll get to meet you!

AlterDominicus

[quote name='srmarymichael' post='1239154' date='Apr 11 2007, 08:41 PM']Yes, I'm going this year! Maybe I'll get to meet you![/quote]

HALLELJUAH HE REIGNS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

:yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes:

philosophette

I'm going and at least three aspirants and two Salesian Sisters are going as well. woo-hoo! :-D Sister Colleen will be there!

[quote name='philosobrat' post='1239466' date='Apr 12 2007, 12:39 AM']I'm going and at least three aspirants and two Salesian Sisters are going as well. woo-hoo! :-D Sister Colleen will be there![/quote]

Yes I will!

Be there or be square! :pimp:

AlterDominicus

Safe travesls and prayers to those gone and just leaving and all who are going! Prayers to all of phatmass here! [I dont leave til tomorrow morning, so I might post one more time] Please pray for us [no offense in speaking of those all who are going] Please pray for me! I dont think I ever been surrounded by so many nuns in my life!!!!!!!!!!!!! [Or priests for that matter] Even with all the communities I've been to! (Hmm....why do I have a feeling the sisters will use that to their advantage! :D :D :D)

Fr. Antony Maria OSB

grr, I just found out about it and I'm taking the ACT tomorrow, so I can't go (Mundelein is about an hour away from where I am: I actually went on a Jeremiah Day there a few years ago). All of you who are going are in my prayers, though!

May God bless and protect you always in all of your endeavors, especially in your discernment!

Your Brother in Christ,

Joe

philosophette

Hope to see some of ya'll there! I will probably be in a bright orange shirt with a gray coat of some sort. If your lucky I might even wear my orange shoes... hahah :soccer:

Sr Mary Catharine OP

For obvious reasons we won't be there but do look for our ad in the program book! Let me know how it looks. I'm assuming they'll send us a copy.

One of the raffles will be a basket of things from our monastery! :-)

God bless you and have fun!

Sr. Mary Catharine

Edited by Sr. Mary Catharine

philosophette

"And a good time was had by all..."

:topsy:

I ran into Alter Dominicus there... she's a great person. I think that we can safely say that we all had a good time with the Sisters. :love:

Edited by philosobrat

AlterDominicus

[quote name='philosobrat' post='1243374' date='Apr 14 2007, 10:10 PM']"And a good time was had by all..."

:topsy:

I ran into Alter Dominicus there... she's a great person. I think that we can safely say that we all had a good time with the Sisters. :love:[/quote]

OH! That was soooooooo cool! Philo is great, I couldnt stop laughing. You realize how hard you guys are to find? But yeah...I found ya! :blowkiss:

Anyway......we are now back to virtual communication. *tear*

I need you guys to pray, pray, pray, pray as hard as you can for a Mgsr, I totally forgot his name, it WAS only mentioned twice, his name, the rest of the time we all called him Mgsr - he is at Mayo Clinic [I think], dying he is on a hospice program and is not receiving the care that he needs, there is a priest with him Father Livingston, and he was anointed twice on Weds, so he has received his absolution, he is from Minnesota, and please just pray for him. When Sister Julia called my mom and my mom started talking about my grandma on hospice thats when Sister Julia mentioned Mgsr and then my mom called me, I dont know him, but I offered the whole entire IRL Conference for him and just about every prayer I could pray and all the good in bad coming together in one day. :cry: :cry: :weep: :weep: When Sister said that he was doing worse when we were on the bus I just started crying, and I cried, and cried, and cried. You could even see it in Sister, her eyes were sponge and her cheeks were red. I had to even go off the bus.

And when I got home and I told my mom and started to cry again she told me in tears that my brothers dad has died. He went missing for almost two weeks and now he is dead, my brother Bo cant stop balling and my brother Brandon is in denial not even himself. And the wife of this man [who was going to be my step-father] was going to cremate him and be done with it, not even let my brothers say goodbye - so now my brothers do not only have and emotional battle but now they have a legal battle, getting an autospy and such. So April 15th Divine Mercy Sunday and my 1st Anniversary of being a Catholic in the Churh, portrayed alot of mercy...

If anyone knows Mgsr name, please post it!!! Hahah, but I might be calling Sister Julia today anyway.

Edited by AlterDominicus

:hijack:
Ha! I saw the title of this thread and thought something totally different.

IRL in my world = Indy Racing League