An Old School Catholic Message Board

Irl National Meeting In Mundelein

srmarymichael

[quote name='AlterDominicus' post='1245554' date='Apr 16 2007, 10:07 AM']OH! That was soooooooo cool! Philo is great, I couldnt stop laughing. You realize how hard you guys are to find? But yeah...I found ya! :blowkiss:
Anyway......we are now back to virtual communication. *tear*

I need you guys to pray, pray, pray, pray as hard as you can for a Mgsr, I totally forgot his name, it WAS only mentioned twice, his name, the rest of the time we all called him Mgsr - he is at Mayo Clinic [I think], dying he is on a hospice program and is not receiving the care that he needs, there is a priest with him Father Livingston, and he was anointed twice on Weds, so he has received his absolution, he is from Minnesota, and please just pray for him. When Sister Julia called my mom and my mom started talking about my grandma on hospice thats when Sister Julia mentioned Mgsr and then my mom called me, I dont know him, but I offered the whole entire IRL Conference for him and just about every prayer I could pray and all the good in bad coming together in one day. :cry: :cry: :weep: :weep: When Sister said that he was doing worse when we were on the bus I just started crying, and I cried, and cried, and cried. You could even see it in Sister, her eyes were sponge and her cheeks were red. I had to even go off the bus.

And when I got home and I told my mom and started to cry again she told me in tears that my brothers dad has died. He went missing for almost two weeks and now he is dead, my brother Bo cant stop balling and my brother Brandon is in denial not even himself. And the wife of this man [who was going to be my step-father] was going to cremate him and be done with it, not even let my brothers say goodbye - so now my brothers do not only have and emotional battle but now they have a legal battle, getting an autospy and such. So April 15th Divine Mercy Sunday and my 1st Anniversary of being a Catholic in the Churh, portrayed alot of mercy...

If anyone knows Mgsr name, please post it!!! Hahah, but I might be calling Sister Julia today anyway.[/quote]

+

Monsignor Schuler of Saint Agnes.

Piccoli Fiori JMJ

I wish I could have gone... I had RA training all day... Sounds like it was wonderful though :)

AlterDominicus

[quote name='Veritas' post='1246595' date='Apr 16 2007, 10:08 PM']+

Monsignor Schuler of Saint Agnes.[/quote]

Yeah, thanks! I finally found him yesterday his name that is, and some interesting info.

So could some people who went to the IRL share about it??
I went last year and it was really great, I would be interested in hearing what your experience was like, what communities you talked with and things like that, how Fr.Dubay's talk?

AlterDominicus

By the way phatmassers, I met Sister Mary Michael. And if you havent met her you need to NOW!!! She is amazing! I have a couple pictures of her that I took on my two and one digital and video camera, but I dont have the "outlet" or whatever to put it in my computer and upload it to the computer onto my files. She suggested several times to putting a picture of me and her up on phatmass. I encourage that idea....haha. Actually a story!

When we met [Saturday I think it was Sister??] It was one of those dont want to intrude type things while she was talking to Mother and Sister Mary Kathryn [<SP me Sister if I'm wrong] But you just had to find out if that was the one [I thought it was the FSGM's (they all look the same, haha)] when she turned her head and almost slightly tapped me on the shoulder, I read her name tag a split second after she read mine and then I did a 50/50 jump hug it was more like a "leap hug" fairly loudly in joy! [good thing you wear a veil right Sister!? J/k] Of course Mother had to glance [<we had a great couple of talks and Q&A] - I hung around them quite a bit, anyway thats not my story.

Sister Mary Michael had told me after breakfast when we were walking to their exhibit to "stay out of trouble" a saying when everytime I talk to her some hows leaks in the end of a conversation, I laughed and smiled, "Of course Sister! Why wouldnt I! I always do..." to which she added, "You know what I mean." [Actually at that time I didnt....haha, j/k] I said, " :yes: " and we continued walking I see the FSGM's and comment. "There are to many Franciscans! I cant tell who is who. They all wear the same color habit!" I was dumbfounded and sort of forgot that Sister Mary Michael was a Franciscan! Sister looked at me and chuckled lightly, "there are never to many Franciscans." To back up my "story" [no haha :lol: ] I said, "Well...you know....I didnt mean it in that was, you know what I mean." We turn the corner. "Okay...that might be one of the things that could get me in trouble..." She laughed and so did I, then I was invited to pray Morning Prayer with them. Of course I didnt know that and was a little nervous [If you couldnt tell Sister!] As I am not used to praying in Cuatro Acappella [ie. Sister Mary Michael, Mother Mary Ana, Sister Mary Kathyrn and myself.] Nor am I used to praying the Divine Office in general - I'm working on it. I mean hey come on you cant refuse prayer, it just doesnt work that way and you cant refuse when being asked particularly by a nun! :lol:

And she makes me laugh...alot...Sister at one point said something funny and chuckled for a second and I was still cracking up along the way. They also partook in a couple to me embaressing acts. I had a handle full of food and keep dropping it, ie. Subway stuff. And I dropped my video/digital camera. Hahah.

Ohhhh they are a great trio. They Holy Spirit was alive and well inside of them.

THANK YOU SISTER MARY MICHAEL, MOTHER MARY ANA, & SISTER MARY KATHRYN!!!!

Edited by AlterDominicus

AlterDominicus

[quote name='Sr. Mary Catharine' post='1242661' date='Apr 14 2007, 08:53 AM']For obvious reasons we won't be there but do look for our ad in the program book! Let me know how it looks. I'm assuming they'll send us a copy.

One of the raffles will be a basket of things from our monastery! :-)

God bless you and have fun!

Sr. Mary Catharine[/quote]

:lol: :lol_pound: :lol_roll: I didnt read this post until now, but that was very cool, I heard Our Lady of the Rosary Monastery during the banquet so of course I thought it was you guys. I forgot who won it....I suggested that you should of put in Stollen Bread - haha. Of course I also forgot what was in it. Haha.

It was so funny...I sat with the group I came with the Sisters in Jesus the Lord, and Nicole was almost in a pleading state with Sister Julia who eventually gave in and gave her five dollars to buy a raffle ticket, I bought one, didnt get anything. It was loads of fun though!

Edited by AlterDominicus

AlterDominicus

Sister Mary Michael has some, but yeah, like philo not sure when. :lol:

I do, but cant upload them from my digital/video camera to the computer

srmarymichael

[quote name='Laurentina1975' post='1247531' date='Apr 17 2007, 08:46 PM']Anyone got any pics to post?[/quote]

I have some pics, but I have to wait until I get back from this next trip... Sorry -- will post like Sunday or Monday?

Off to Benedictine College for the Vocation Fair there! Never been there before - new experience! (we also have a priest friend that we will visit in Kansas City)

God bless you guys! May God guide you to holiness and peace every day of your life!

Edited by srmarymichael

AlterDominicus

Thats exactly what I've been telling Sister! -shakes head- She travels to much....you know that right? ^_^ ^_^ I'm just playing with you...I have to its part of being "cousins" and Spiritual Sisters, and friends. :lol: :blowkiss: Will pray for you Sister as I always do!

[quote name='srmarymichael' post='1247926' date='Apr 18 2007, 10:34 AM']I have some pics, but I have to wait until I get back from this next trip... Sorry -- will post like Sunday or Monday?

Off to Benedictine College for the Vocation Fair there! Never been there before - new experience! (we also have a priest friend that we will visit in Kansas City)

God bless you guys! May God guide you to holiness and peace every day of your life![/quote]
I know many sisters heading out to Kansas this week! Prayers for safe travels and a spirit-filled visit.