An Old School Catholic Message Board

Anti-semitism

Gershom

[quote name='Proud2BCatholic139' post='1237114' date='Apr 9 2007, 09:15 PM']Jesus knew He was going to die. It was reitterated in the Old Testament and in the Gospels. He knew step by step on how His death was going to be, it was no surprise. If he were to stop from this happening, where would the Church be today? Even though he had the power to stop it, He was just fulfilling the scriptures.[/quote]

Even though the sinner's guilt is greater the Catechism says the the Jews did have guilt: "This guilt seems more enormous us than in the Jews"

[quote name='Gershom' post='1236498' date='Apr 9 2007, 05:25 PM']Christianity and anti-semitism are incompatible. It is heresy to hold the descendants of 1st century jews accountable for the death of the Christ. Does anyone care to debate this?[/quote]

and anyway rabbitic jews arent the same as the jews of the bible

[quote name='StThomasMore' post='1237117' date='Apr 9 2007, 11:16 PM']Even though the sinner's guilt is greater the Catechism says the the Jews did have guilt: "This guilt seems more enormous us than in the Jews"[/quote]

yes but not anymore than anyone else....they arent special in their guilt....they shouldnt be specifically singled out as a people as the murderers of Christ

[quote]and anyway rabbitic jews arent the same as the jews of the bible[/quote]That's for sure. Christ Himself said it in John's Gospel which I quoted in my first post in this thread.

[quote]yes but not anymore than anyone else....they arent special in their guilt....they shouldnt be specifically singled out as a people as the murderers of Christ[/quote]

The Jews of Jerusalem who consented to His death were.

So were the Gentiles of Rome who consented to his death.

Gershom, please make a point with this thread, or else it will be closed.

Proud2BCatholic139

[quote name='StThomasMore' post='1237117' date='Apr 9 2007, 11:16 PM']Even though the sinner's guilt is greater the Catechism says the the Jews did have guilt: "This guilt seems more enormous us than in the Jews"[/quote]

Even though they do not acknowledge Christ as the Messiah, they do recognize Him as a Jew and as someone of great value i.e. prophet.. They realize that when Jesus died, they cursed an innocent man. Would you feel guilty if you assumed and accused someone who is innocent? They do not have a level of understand as what we, as Christians do. I'm speaking as Jewish as a religion, not just nationality.

[quote name='aalpha1989' post='1237122' date='Apr 9 2007, 11:20 PM']and anyway rabbitic jews arent the same as the jews of the bible[/quote]

i decided to clarify. as best i can. oh, stm. i heard about this at a latin mass, by the way. blessed sacrament, if you know where that is.

they jews of the bible were the chosen people, but they are no longer because the Truth is available to everyone now. It doesnt rely on blood lines anymore, it relies on baptism into the body of Christ. because modern rabbitic jews are no longer the chosen people, they can't be the same people as the people in the old testament. well they are the same PEOPLE but not the same religion. the jews of the old testament had the fulness of divine revelation...they no longer do. we're the descendents of biblical jews....rar. i butchered that. oh well best i can 'member...correct me if im wrong