dUSt Posted April 12, 2007 Posted April 12, 2007 Hey pham, If I were to delete some posts to improve the performance of teh phorum, what would be a good guideline? I'm thinking: - delete all posts in Open Mic that have 0 replies - delete all posts in Open Mic that have less than 5 replies and have not been active for over a year - delete all posts in Debate Table with 0 replies - delete all posts in Lame Board older than 90 days - delete all prayer requests older than 90 days What do you think?
Apotheoun Posted April 12, 2007 Posted April 12, 2007 1. Delete all posts in Open Mic that have 0 replies 2. Delete all posts in Debate Table with 0 replies 3. Delete all posts in Lame Board older than 90 days
N/A Gone Posted April 12, 2007 Posted April 12, 2007 lets just delete the scripture passages that we cant recite by heart. Or the Church documents that we cant spell.
Thy Geekdom Come Posted April 12, 2007 Posted April 12, 2007 dUSt, some of the posts with 0 replies may be tracts.
Apotheoun Posted April 12, 2007 Posted April 12, 2007 If the first three are not enough: 4. Delete all prayer requests older than 90 days
littleflower+JMJ Posted April 12, 2007 Posted April 12, 2007 I think all those are fine dUSt, especially the lame board.
dUSt Posted April 12, 2007 Author Posted April 12, 2007 Somebody show me a post with 0 replies that we should keep.
cmotherofpirl Posted April 12, 2007 Posted April 12, 2007 options 4 & 5 is there a way to bump stuff to see what will be deleted?
EcceNovaFacioOmni Posted April 12, 2007 Posted April 12, 2007 The last two sound good to me. The third option might be good as well.
dUSt Posted April 12, 2007 Author Posted April 12, 2007 All but #2 have been done. haha Number 2 would eliminate about 7000 posts...
Mateo el Feo Posted April 12, 2007 Posted April 12, 2007 [quote name='dUSt' post='1239974' date='Apr 12 2007, 01:51 PM']- delete all posts in Lame Board older than 90 days[/quote]How about deleting Lame Board threads older than 90 minutes? I'm a little biased, but I think attacking the old lame board threads is probably the best bang for your buck.
Apotheoun Posted April 12, 2007 Posted April 12, 2007 I can't seem to find my favorite post anymore! It has simply vanished.
Thy Geekdom Come Posted April 12, 2007 Posted April 12, 2007 I went to find you some of the tracts with 0 replies and the links on the Defense Diretory are broken.
Apotheoun Posted April 12, 2007 Posted April 12, 2007 Why not delete the Lame Board posts as they are being posted?
Apotheoun Posted April 12, 2007 Posted April 12, 2007 [quote name='Raphael' post='1240039' date='Apr 12 2007, 11:29 AM']I went to find you some of the tracts with 0 replies and the links on the Defense Diretory are broken.[/quote] Ut oh!
Mateo el Feo Posted April 12, 2007 Posted April 12, 2007 [quote name='Raphael' post='1240039' date='Apr 12 2007, 02:29 PM']I went to find you some of the tracts with 0 replies and the links on the Defense Diretory are broken.[/quote]dUSt killed the Defense Directory? Noooooooooooo! Another thought: what about polls which don't allow replies?
dUSt Posted April 12, 2007 Author Posted April 12, 2007 [quote name='Raphael' post='1240039' date='Apr 12 2007, 01:29 PM']I went to find you some of the tracts with 0 replies and the links on the Defense Diretory are broken.[/quote] Example?
Totus Tuus Posted April 12, 2007 Posted April 12, 2007 Delete the lame board. lol, I know a lot of people would get mad about that, though. Erm, I think all of the options sound good, dUSt.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now