An Old School Catholic Message Board

The Meltdown Happened!

ttomm46

Hi
Well i had a total Meltdown at grief support today..One week without anti depressants and my Dr. Is out of town.....Hopefully the nurse will call some in or it's going to be a horrible weekend..please pray for me.

I can't even afford to debate on here although this fulltruth nut case sure has it coming but I'll behave.

I just need prayers. I've gone from a great Pascha to wishing I'd croak..Boy would i like to start something with all these Catholic bashers but i won't in fact the only posts I'll read now are those that aren't on the debate board...

I know i'm making no sense but depression is another form of Hell.

Tom :sadder:

[quote name='ttomm46' post='1240199' date='Apr 12 2007, 05:29 PM']thank you

I feel like a total wack job..I don't even know what Barb saw in me right now.

Tom[/quote]Tom,
You need to get outside. Even if it's just going to the mall or driving around. Your mission is to find something nice to do for someone. Even if it's small like letting somebody out in trafffic in front of you or giving a smile and a compliment to someone. Go to the mall and wander around prepared to be unexpectedly polite to someone. You need to try to do something nice for someone, even if it's real small. I've been where you're at. You'll be amazed how much it'll help if you do something for someone else.

[quote name='Anomaly' post='1240213' date='Apr 12 2007, 04:41 PM']Tom,
You need to get outside. Even if it's just going to the mall or driving around. Your mission is to find something nice to do for someone. Even if it's small like letting somebody out in trafffic in front of you or giving a smile and a compliment to someone. Go to the mall and wander around prepared to be unexpectedly polite to someone. You need to try to do something nice for someone, even if it's real small. I've been where you're at. You'll be amazed how much it'll help if you do something for someone else.[/quote]

whoops forgot to mention car recently went belly up so i'm stuck for now which really bothers me.

tom

Tom,

Sounds like you have a good head on your shoulders, knowing that staying away from the Debate Table right now is probably a good idea. Once a month I feel the same as you do right now, so don't lose hope. "This too shall pass" ^_^ Just hang in there. We'll be praying for you.

[quote name='Anomaly' post='1240213' date='Apr 12 2007, 04:41 PM']Tom,
You need to get outside. Even if it's just going to the mall or driving around. Your mission is to find something nice to do for someone. Even if it's small like letting somebody out in trafffic in front of you or giving a smile and a compliment to someone. Go to the mall and wander around prepared to be unexpectedly polite to someone. You need to try to do something nice for someone, even if it's real small. I've been where you're at. You'll be amazed how much it'll help if you do something for someone else.[/quote]

Good idea. As for not having a car, walking around outside is a good place to start :)

Guest T-Bone

[quote name='dUSt' post='1240313' date='Apr 12 2007, 04:02 PM']Make some bread pudding. I can send you my secret recipe if you want.[/quote]

Sounds yummy! I'll bite.

[quote name='ttomm46' post='1240340' date='Apr 12 2007, 06:12 PM']I just got my meds..i'll report later..Please send the recipe for the bread pudding..it's my favorite

Tom[/quote]

That's the funniest thing I've seen on here in forever. Your cool Tom. :smokey:

Mateo el Feo

[quote name='Anomaly' post='1240213' date='Apr 12 2007, 05:41 PM']Tom,
You need to get outside. Even if it's just going to the mall or driving around. Your mission is to find something nice to do for someone. Even if it's small like letting somebody out in trafffic in front of you or giving a smile and a compliment to someone. Go to the mall and wander around prepared to be unexpectedly polite to someone. You need to try to do something nice for someone, even if it's real small. I've been where you're at. You'll be amazed how much it'll help if you do something for someone else.[/quote]Excellent advice, Anomaly.

Making bread pudding might be a good idea, though I'd have to see the recipe to be sure! :)

Praying for you, Tom! :pray:

Edited by Mateo el Feo

Depression is very painful indeed. Physical disease is something that at least you can usually see, feel and get relief from. When it is psychological is just plain hurts. Most people have episodes of it from time to time. Good news, it is treatable and curable. You need to seek out and stay in treatment, take whatever meds they prescribe(yes antdepressants work wonderfully, but are slow acting) and just hang in there. My prayers join the rest of the phamilies....and making bread pudding sounds like a really great idea. With raisins of course