An Old School Catholic Message Board

Little Audrey Santo Is Dying ..

Chiquitunga

Chiquitunga

On Catholic radio just now, they are saying that [url="http://www.littleaudreysanto.org/"]Little Audrey Santo[/url] is dying .. :sadder:

Her story and life have been so inspiring to my vocation ... She is also 23 .. I was hoping to visit her someday in Worcester .. There are several Eucharistic miracles in her little chapel ..

They are saying this time her death is eminent .. God bless her! She'll go straight to Heaven!

Edited by Margaret Clare

Chiquitunga

I bet people will still be able to go to her chapel to visit the Eucharistic miracles .. or that they will put them somewhere very special ...

Wow, she has been a victim soul for 20 years now ... I think most people don't realize how old she is .. she was born in 1983, like me .. You will be able to pray to her in Heaven now ..

Chiquitunga

Here's a beautiful tape on her: [url="http://www.ewtnreligiouscatalogue.com/AUDREY+S+LIFE+VOICE+OF+A+SILENT+SOUL+VHS/cid=277/page_no=1/edp_no=8829/shop.axd/ProductDetails"]Audrey's Life: Voice of a Silent Soul[/url]

If you write them a self addressed envelope, they will send you a cotton swab of the oil that is weeping from the statues in her chapel ..

Ash Wednesday

It would be wonderful if such occurances were true, (and I'd like to believe the same with Medjugorje, the apparition site her victimhood is associated with) but why is the allegedly miraculous oil that weeps from her statues made from vegetable oil and chicken fat?

I'm not saying that miracles can't happen. I guess I just don't understand. That and I can't say "miraculous chicken fat" with a straight face.

In all seriousness I will pray for this poor girl. Has she passed away yet? I have been very interested in her case but don't know what to make of it. I suppose only time will tell.

[quote name='Ash Wednesday' post='1243273' date='Apr 14 2007, 09:00 PM']It would be wonderful if such occurances were true, (and I'd like to believe the same with Medjugorje, the apparition site her victimhood is associated with) but why is the allegedly miraculous oil that weeps from her statues made from vegetable oil and chicken fat?[/quote]Is there scientific evidence of vegetable oil and chicken fat exuding from statues in Little Audrey's room? Sources, please? Also, I didn't know Audrey and Medjugorje were affiliated. Source, please? Thanks. Likos

Ash Wednesday

I'm not trying to rain on anybody's parade here. My questions are just honest questions.

I remember seeing it on 20/20 a few years back, and there was an article called Tears for Audrey (The Washington Post, July 19, 1998)

[quote]According to a documentary called Audrey's Life: Voice of a Silent Soul, a Boston chemist found it to be a mysterious substance, not any known commercial oil. But when The Washington Post took a sample to Microbac Laboratories in Pittsburgh, they found that the oil contained 80 percent corn or soybean oil and 20 percent chicken fat -- "a simple mixture reproducible in any American kitchen." This finding doesn't necessarily point to fraud; that's just what the oil is made up of.[/quote]

There was also an article in the Boston Phoenix. [url="http://www.weeklywire.com/ww/12-29-97/boston_feature_1.html"]http://www.weeklywire.com/ww/12-29-97/boston_feature_1.html[/url]

The Santos made a pilgrimmage to Medjugorje in 1988, where apparently the Virgin communicated to Audrey and she agreed to be a victim soul.

I suppose even if Medjugorje was deemed false by the Church, it's possible that the virgin still could have communicated to her. I just find myself wary of the circus like atmostphere that comes out of these things, it really bothered me when people were praying to her (rather than for her), and when I've brought up my questions I'm branded a "bad Catholic." It's nice to see something bringing people to God. I'm just not sure what to make of these things sometimes...

Edited by Ash Wednesday

Ash Wednesday

Ugh, I wasn't referring to being branded as such here, in this thread -- just went back and re-read this and I sounded like I was jumping the gun -- I'm referring to incidents when I discussed paranormal Catholic phenomena with other Catholics online in the past.

[quote name='Ash Wednesday' post='1243982' date='Apr 15 2007, 01:56 AM']I'm not trying to rain on anybody's parade here. My questions are just honest questions.

I remember seeing it on 20/20 a few years back, and there was an article called Tears for Audrey (The Washington Post, July 19, 1998)
There was also an article in the Boston Phoenix. [url="http://www.weeklywire.com/ww/12-29-97/boston_feature_1.html"]http://www.weeklywire.com/ww/12-29-97/boston_feature_1.html[/url][/quote]

I saw that show on 20/20 as well quite a while ago. I got the impression she had a medical condition that put her in a coma or something, and that her parents were fabricating the miracles.

I try not to get involved in private revelation things, and this one sounded kind of weird, but I'm not denying that that could have been the anti-Catholic, secular media bent which was put on her story. I really don't know, but either way I'm sure the family could use prayers.

She will be in heaven with God.

I had the bad feeling her mother in psychological reaction to her daughters illness was using her too much for "attention"

I of coruse do not believe in victim souls.

cathoholic_anonymous

I've been reading about this young woman, and it all seems phishy to me. I agree with Lauren - I get the impression that there is some deception going on at Audrey's expense.

Even referring to your grown daughter as 'Little Audrey' seems suspicious. It's almost as if her family are trying to turn her into a second Therese by bestowing a sentimental-sounding title on her.

Of course, it could be that the girl's accident left the family in such shock that they take comfort from doing such things. I don't want to judge them and I trust that God will be merciful.

[quote name='Seven77' post='1244332' date='Apr 15 2007, 11:26 AM']God is/was using his daughter's illness for attention.

How much more when He takes her into His Glory.[/quote]

[i][size=1]ps: where did it say she's dying?[/size][/i]