An Old School Catholic Message Board

Any Old Catholicteens.com Members?

tvu_srfan

Fr. Antony Maria OSB

I was, but I almost never went on. I think I made it back in December, and then only went on it once or twice, so there ya go, lol! I was future_father_joe (same sn as on lifeteen), in case you're wondering. This is also really the first time that I heard CatholicTeens was shut down, and I'm sorry to hear that, but thank you for trying!

May God bless and protect you always in all of your endeavors!

Your Brother in Christ,

Joe

littleflower+JMJ

I was on the catholicya one and thought you guys had some great stuff going on there. I was sad to see that one go...

[color="blue"] I was TodoPorCristo. That was a great site, I was on it almost all the time! Sorry it had to go down. :)

God Bless,
~Christie [/color]

Pontifite 7 of 10

[quote name='kujo' post='1245682' date='Apr 16 2007, 11:50 AM']For a variety of reasons. Mainly, we were unable to accomplish our original goal: to provide a [b]safe[/b] alternative to Myspace. Our definitioin of "safe" involved heavy moderation, constant spying (on members), and keeping sickos and weirdos out. And we were able to do that for quite awhile; however, as more and more teens came onto the site (about 2700 when we closed the doors) we started to not be able to protect ya'll because, simply, there was only 4 of us (myself, Jezreel, Gigi and Brendan the Political Guy) who were moderating. It got to the point where we were like "Wow...we can't tell if any one of these teens is actually a teen or not." So, after a great deal of prayer, we decided that it would be best for us to close it down.[/quote]
Thats was an awsome mission, too bad the culture of death got to it. I think I'm going to be sick.

• 3 weeks later...
Deus te Amat

i'm eight_days_after

i really miss it, but i understand why i had to go, and i thank you for your amazing ministry while it lasted

Wow...

This feels like an obituary! I feel like we're all war veterans who are talking about where we served.

Honestly, rejoice for God is good! Get off the computer and go bug your siblings...it's much more satisfying to annoy your little brother or sister than to type words on a screen....

Deus te Amat

kujo... one problem

i have one sibling twice my size ... but he's never home anyway

i live in the middle of nowhere

i have very very few friends and they hardly ever invite me to stuff

i live in the middle of nowhere where theres nothing to do anyway

i'm shy and opinionated and i have a stutter and really bad at public speaking

anyway! i'm not here to vent or complain, i'm just pointing out that sometimes internet is all we have... it might not be the best choice, but for some of us, its the only one available.

and its way better than hanging out with wrong friends and drinking and doing drugs and getting into trouble

and we weren't acting like its a funeral or something, its just something we all had in common and it was a great thing to be a part of ...

its like.. hey! we went to the same high school 20 years ago... pretty nifty huh? i miss those good ole days...

[quote name='Deus_te_Amat' post='1275968' date='May 17 2007, 07:00 PM']kujo... one problem

i have one sibling twice my size ... but he's never home anyway

i live in the middle of nowhere

i have very very few friends and they hardly ever invite me to stuff

i live in the middle of nowhere where theres nothing to do anyway

i'm shy and opinionated and i have a stutter and really bad at public speaking
anyway! i'm not here to vent or complain, i'm just pointing out that sometimes internet is all we have... it might not be the best choice, but for some of us, its the only one available.

and its way better than hanging out with wrong friends and drinking and doing drugs and getting into trouble

and we weren't acting like its a funeral or something, its just something we all had in common and it was a great thing to be a part of ...

its like.. hey! we went to the same high school 20 years ago... pretty nifty huh? i miss those good ole days...[/quote]

Hey. Sorry it seems like my sarcasm wasn't transmitted over the internet.

CatholicTeens.com was awesome. It is something I am incredibly proud of, despite the fact that it ultimately didn't last as long as we had hoped. We were blessed to have met all of you in Cyberspace and to have the opportunity to minister to you and fellowship with you.

But, as I said, our interactions, though blessed, were shielded and inhibited by the medium through which we communicated. We couldn't see your beautiful faces...we couldn't hear your joyful voices...we couldn't share laughs and cries because all we had were words on a screen. The internet is awesome...but it doesn't come close to replicating or replacing human-to-human interactions. God gave us the desire to communicate with our brothers and sisters in Christ. And that desire will never be completely fulfilled by the impersonal interface of the internet. It may partially-fill that void, but it will never come close to filling it completely.

God is awesome, guys. YOU are all awesome. Let's meet in our prayers each day, eh? That's the most PERFECT way to interact....with each other WITH God.

• 3 weeks later...

Okay....be honest....

How many people here exchanged email addresses, screennames and phone numbers with people on CatholicTeens.com?

Again, be honest. There's nothing we can do about it now....just curious!

I actually followed the rules and didn't. :saint:

But, I really wish that I did have some means to contact some people now...Josh, Roddy, Lauren, Mary--aka my CT family. I miss talking to them. But I know that if God would ever will for our paths to cross again, then they will. But as of know..hey we'll probably all see each other in heaven.

Edited by tvu_srfan