An Old School Catholic Message Board

33 Dead, 15 Wounded On The Campus Of Virginia Tech University Today

alicemary

[quote name='Ash Wednesday' post='1246038' date='Apr 16 2007, 04:12 PM']But anyway. 33 people. How very horrific.... students are saying the school handled this terribly.[/quote]

I think after the one shooting the school should have been on high alert. man...

[quote name='Ash Wednesday' post='1246038' date='Apr 16 2007, 04:12 PM']I wish that were true -- there was a shooting in Germany where 18 people were killed in 2002, and 16 people in Dunblane, Scotland in 1996...

But anyway. 33 people. How very horrific.... students are saying the school handled this terribly.[/quote]
yes I am reading that too ... no notifications went out about the first shooting until two hours later, about the same time the second shooting started across campus.

May God have mercy.

:sign:

CoffeeCatholic

I have a lot of friends down there, Praise God i've heard they're all safe. But we'll need to be praying for this for awhile. This will effect my generation like Columbine and 9-11, be sure of that.

:sadder:

Lord have mercy.
Christ have mercy.

I have a friend here who has friends at the school and she can't get a hold of them. She's really worried because they were all engineering majors.

How horrible.

:sign:

ThyHolyLove

All of this is so senseless and upsetting. I look back on my college days with such fondness, I can't think of how these students must be feeling. Mary, Mother of Mercy. pray for them!

Also, if you know anyone who goes to Virginia Tech let them know the Newman House (Catholic Community Ministries) at 203 Otey St. will be open tonight with pizza, and a safe space for students. I know at least one priest will be on hand for people.

This is so evil.

I really need to fight for a lock on my classroom door.

Or get a gun.

Prayers for them and thier families.

ThyHolyLove

Well kids, it just got worse. I found out through a Virginia Tech message board that "Rev." Fred Phelps is planning to picket at the funerals of victims. I cannot imagine anything more distressing for these families. Haven't they been through enough? Please pray that God will intervene.

Piccoli Fiori JMJ

[quote name='ThyHolyLove' post='1246842' date='Apr 16 2007, 10:28 PM']Well kids, it just got worse. I found out through a Virginia Tech message board that "Rev." Fred Phelps is planning to picket at the funerals of victims. I cannot imagine anything more distressing for these families. Haven't they been through enough? Please pray that God will intervene.[/quote]
Don't they have something better to do? Why is he picketing for them? What did they do to get on his hit list?

A Yearning Heart

I can not believe it-such a terrible tragedy. :sadder:
Prayers for everyone affected.

btw-how could anyone picket a funeral? Let the families and friends grief in peace.

Also some prayers for my friends in Virginia..Two weeks ago a real good friend of theirs was murdered in a Richmond motel in front of his two young adult sons by four masked robbers..they killed him for nothing...Pray for his family please.

Tom

I feel sick to my stomach.

How could such depravity and hatred exist? What could possibly have happened in this person's life that would cause him to do such a heinous thing?

For each tear that I have shed for this, my soul has shed 3.

God save us...

I feel sick to my stomach.

How could such depravity and hatred exist? What could possibly have happened in this person's life that would cause him to do such a heinous thing?

For each tear that I have shed for this, my soul has shed 3.

God save us...