An Old School Catholic Message Board

"there Are Many Nervous Bishops"

mortify

[b]Commentary: After a quiet and cautious start, major reforms are on their way[/b]
By Damian Thompson

"After two cautious and successful years, in which he has surprised critics by writing about God's love rather than raging against contraception and homosexuality, the Pope is preparing a series of reforms of the Catholic Church. Just how far he will go remains to be seen. But there are many nervous bishops at the moment..."

[url="http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2007/04/14/wpope114.xml"]http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml...14/wpope114.xml[/url]

An excellent article from the Telegraph. I believe they are on target. Pope Benedict has been described as God's Rottweiler turn German Shepherd - but as we all know Alsatians (German Shepherds) have quite a bite when they need to!

Pope Benedict has taken a close look (not that he needed to since he was at the centre of the organisation) and written in beautiful style his feelings. Now he is I hope preparing to bring in 'his' vision, 'his' aspirations and above all 'God's Will.'

Long may Pope Benedict confound the critics and continue to be God's beloved messenger. Our Father, our Shepherd.

Amen.

I say bring the reforms on.

I used to be into the touchy-feelyness of the "teen" masses I used to go to, but, as time goes on, I am beginning to become more conservative in my views on the mass. The mass is not some pep-rally...it's the most sacred encounter with The Paschal Lamb, Our Lord. And, if Papa Benny wants to yank the weeds out of the field, I say bring it on. Let's get more chant, more Latin into our masses. Let's get rid of some of these false traditions which have infiltrated the mass (like holding hands during the Our Father). Let's get really deep and really theological. I'm game.

I love our German Shepherd. Bring on the bombs, B-16 Bomber!

I am anxious to see what is going to happen (in a good way). I think it is great that some sort of action is coming. To be honest, I was disappointed at the lack of movement. PJPII was strong at being visible. I think Pope Bene has been quiet and reserved, and now would be a very appropriate time (being 2 years in the papacy), to have some motion some.

[quote name='kujo' post='1245894' date='Apr 16 2007, 03:50 PM']Amen.

I say bring the reforms on.

I used to be into the touchy-feelyness of the "teen" masses I used to go to, but, as time goes on, I am beginning to become more conservative in my views on the mass. The mass is not some pep-rally...it's the most sacred encounter with The Paschal Lamb, Our Lord. And, if Papa Benny wants to yank the weeds out of the field, I say bring it on. Let's get more chant, more Latin into our masses. Let's get rid of some of these false traditions which have infiltrated the mass (like holding hands during the Our Father). Let's get really deep and really theological. I'm game.

I love our German Shepherd. Bring on the bombs, B-16 Bomber![/quote]

I am 100% FOR THAT! Please remember to Pray for The Pope! This will not be easy in the US!

This is awesome. Best news I have heard all day.

This is the reasons I converted. Knowing no matter how craptacular the local church is we have the Spirit leading a warrior.

I can not wait for reform of the current (in some places) craptacular situation. However, is Mr. Thompson of the Telegraph the same fellow who has in the past stepped in it with regard to reporting on the Church? Possibly it was some other paper or some other writer, but I remember the main criticism was that they were basically reprinting the always-iffy reports of the Italian media without nailing down whether the information was accurate.

[quote name='Ash Wednesday' post='1246220' date='Apr 16 2007, 07:09 PM']Craptacular is one of the best words ever.[/quote]

I do it to get around the C-a-r-p fiddler. As a man who enjoys his fishing the thought of poo is better than that poo of a fish

(as I sit eating smoked king salmon caught in san jose)

Thy Geekdom Come

[quote name='Revprodeji' post='1246299' date='Apr 16 2007, 06:36 PM']I do it to get around the C-a-r-p fiddler. As a man who enjoys his fishing the thought of poo is better than that poo of a fish

(as I sit eating smoked king salmon caught in san jose)[/quote]
Share.

Come over..;)

I have a freezer full, and Im gonna get more in May. Im flying out to San Jose for a lil business and pleasure.

[b]US bishop already in open rebellion against Motu Proprio[/b]
Dr. Brian Kopp

[quote]During the "Town Hall" style Question and Answer session, one parishioner asked Bp. Adamec, regarding recent articles in the local Catholic newspaper regarding an anticipated Papal document, whether our diocese had plans for making a Tridentine Rite mass available.

Bishop Adamec responded, "No."...[/quote]

[url="http://www.universalindult.org/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1350"]http://www.universalindult.org/forum/phpBB...opic.php?t=1350[/url]

Opinions?