An Old School Catholic Message Board

The Metamorphosis Of The Altar

mortify

La métamorphose d'un autel
Duration: 05:25

"This French video titled 'The Metamorphosis of the Altar' shows how FSSP priests and acolytes can transform a table altar into an altar for the Tridentine Latin Mass in just a few minutes. After the motu proprio, this can be done in your own parish, as well."

[url="http://dailymotion.alice.it/video/x1o9as_la-metamorphose-dun-autel"]http://dailymotion.alice.it/video/x1o9as_l...phose-dun-autel[/url]

(From RomanCatholicBlog.com)

I've seen it, loved it, and posted it on my blog last week.

It is wonderful how quickly and cost-effectively an altar table can be made into a high altar!

What were those things they put towards the back of the altar to hold the candles? Are those strapped down somehow. I'd be worried about the altar being bumped and those things falling over with the candles.

CatholicCid

[quote name='Era Might' post='1246105' date='Apr 16 2007, 04:55 PM']What were those things they put towards the back of the altar to hold the candles? Are those strapped down somehow. I'd be worried about the altar being bumped and those things falling over with the candles.[/quote]

They looked like little benchs. And yes, I was worried about that too, they didn't look too sturdy, especially being placed on the very edge of the altar.

cathoholic_anonymous

[quote]It is wonderful how quickly and cost-effectively an altar table can be made into a high altar![/quote]

Our altar is literally a wooden trolley on wheels. You would never guess, unless you happened to be in the chapel while the altar servers are changing the cloths.

[quote name='prose' post='1246092' date='Apr 16 2007, 05:47 PM']Looks expensive to me :idontknow:[/quote]

Cheaper than buying a new marble altar.

Yes, I saw this one two about a week ago. It's very nice. It looks like a solid altar to me, so I don't think there would be any toppling problems.

Ash Wednesday

That's cool!

[quote name='prose' post='1246092' date='Apr 16 2007, 05:47 PM']Looks expensive to me :idontknow:[/quote]

Doesn't look any more expensive than what supplies my parish has on hand already for easter/christmast/wedding decorations. :)

1337 k4th0l1x0r

Cool, but it needs better music. Load up [url="http://blueballfixed.ytmnd.com/"]this link[/url] in the background and watch the video again.