An Old School Catholic Message Board

The Metamorphosis Of The Altar

mortify

Piccoli Fiori JMJ

I do have to agree, PeeWee's Great Adventure theme does fit well...

But very cool... I thought it was a little funny that a good part of the time was straightening things up. It was very nice to see though, although something of this sort would not work well at my parish, as the altar is to the side of the sanctuary.

And, it is not expensive is the parish still has the items (perhaps lost somewhere in the basement, but there nonetheless) or if they are donated or such.

Piccoli Fiori JMJ

For cryin' out loud! It was not posted before and now a double post... poo...

Edited by FutureNunJMJ

Ash Wednesday

I thought Benny Hill's Yakety Sax would have been best of all. :lol_roll: :lol_roll: :lol_roll:

You can listen here:
[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVS3QqrXhD8"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVS3QqrXhD8[/url]

i dont understand why it needed another crucifix when there is a giant one above the altar already.... the church speaks against duplication of symbols.

Kateri,

I haven't seen the video (it won't load on my computer) but traditionally a crucifix is put in place to mark the "liturgical east", the spot to which all are supposed to look at. Where is this large crucifix you are referring to? if it is hanging between the altar and the people, then that is best properly for a versus populum liturgy, because that is where the "liturgical east" is meant to be in a versus populum liturgy.

even if that is not the case, it is also traditional to have a crucifix on the altar to emphasize how the altar itself is the cross. a larger crucifix above that crucifix does not make for a duplication of symbols, the crucifix connected to the altar is important to signify the nature of the altar in a way that the larger crucifix does not do.