An Old School Catholic Message Board

Drugs From Canada

Sojourner

homeschoolmom

[quote name='Terra Firma' post='1247188' date='Apr 17 2007, 02:59 PM']um, yeah, but getting a ticket to India is a little cost prohibitive[/quote]
You know you have connections...

[quote name='homeschoolmom' post='1247870' date='Apr 18 2007, 08:07 AM']You know you have connections...[/quote]
good point ... I'll keep that in mind.

Aside from legality, are the drugs from other countries as safe as the drugs made in the U.S.? I know the FDA says never to buy drugs that are not made in FDA-certified labs, but I'm wondering if they only say that because they're the FDA. On the other hand, I've heard that non-FDA-approved drugs are sometimes made with fillers and stuff, so they're not really effective.

Ash Wednesday

As I've been prescribed drugs and received medical treatment in the U.S., U.K. and Norway, I've decided to take my chances. :idontknow: The clinic I got medical care at in a dodgy part of the east end in London was in my mind barely a step above a clinic in Mexico or the middle east.

As my family is currently locking horns in a wrongful death lawsuit with a so-called doctor in the U.S. responsible for my mother's death, I'm very distrusting and cynical about the medical establishment and their relationship with insurance and pharmaceutical companies among other things. My motto is do the best you can with what you've got in your area when you can, don't be afraid to ask a second opinion (as doctors aren't the pope...) and at the end of the day, try to take care of yourself and say your prayers. So I'm probably the last person to give the most objective opinion when it comes to medicine.

Le sigh! :mellow:

Edited by Ash Wednesday

[quote name='Totus Tuus' post='1248010' date='Apr 18 2007, 11:15 AM']Aside from legality, are the drugs from other countries as safe as the drugs made in the U.S.? I know the FDA says never to buy drugs that are not made in FDA-certified labs, but I'm wondering if they only say that because they're the FDA. On the other hand, I've heard that non-FDA-approved drugs are sometimes made with fillers and stuff, so they're not really effective.[/quote]

I certainly hope that our drugs are safe!! We have a drug agency that is stricter than the US even.