An Old School Catholic Message Board

Jackpot!

be_thou_my_vision

be_thou_my_vision

Check [url="http://dmoz.org/Society/Religion_and_Spirituality/Christianity/Denominations/Catholicism/Orders/Women's_Orders/Franciscans/"]THIS[/url] out! Franciscan communities from all around the world! WOW!
And [url="http://dmoz.org/Society/Religion_and_Spirituality/Christianity/Denominations/Catholicism/Orders/Women%27s_Orders/"]THIS[/url] has information about all orders of all spiritualities... can you tell I'm bored?
Have fun!

Edited by be_thou_my_vision

[quote name='be_thou_my_vision' post='1252133' date='Apr 21 2007, 07:52 PM']Check [url="http://dmoz.org/Society/Religion_and_Spirituality/Christianity/Denominations/Catholicism/Orders/Women's_Orders/Franciscans/"]THIS[/url] out! Franciscan communities from all around the world! WOW!
And [url="http://dmoz.org/Society/Religion_and_Spirituality/Christianity/Denominations/Catholicism/Orders/Women%27s_Orders/"]THIS[/url] has information about all orders of all spiritualities... can you tell I'm bored?
Have fun![/quote]

+

Sad to say, there are a lot of unfaithful religious communities here. I would approach this link with great caution and stick with the CMSWR at: [url="http://www.cmswr.org/"]http://www.cmswr.org/[/url] and the list of other faithful religious communities, who are not CMSWR members, compiled previously on phatmass.

Blessings in Jesus and Mary,
V

Edited by Veritas

[quote name='Veritas' post='1252327' date='Apr 21 2007, 09:29 PM']+

Sad to say, there are a lot of unfaithful religious communities here. I would approach this link with great caution and stick with the CMSWR at: [url="http://www.cmswr.org/"]http://www.cmswr.org/[/url] and the list of other faithful religious communities, who are not CMSWR members, compiled previously on phatmass.

Blessings in Jesus and Mary,
V[/quote]

Unfaithful? I looked at the list quickly and don't see any that are not in communion with the church. What makes you so sure that they are unfaithful, they are more conservative, more liberal then you? I'm sure they're more conservative or liberal then the Vatican, local diocese & members of thier own community. Yet none of them have deemed them unfaithful. What are you basing this on?

As a member of a community not in CMSWR, I am very offended by the implication you've made. Each community that is in communion with the church has many varied gifts to offer to God's world. I would not presume to judge anyone of them unfaithful.

As the editor of Catholicism/Orders on ODP, I am very careful not to add orders which are not in communion with the church, however if you are in communion with the church I cannot discriminate over who has the lowest hemline on their habit or the veil with least hair showing. So get over it. In fact if you want to know the truth in the 7 years I have edited this I have received very little comments of praise or criticism from the catholic religious community. It tends to be hangers on and oddball wannabes who cause trouble if anything. I have asked for help and input many times over the years and have received very little.

puellapaschalis

Veritas, those two congregations everyone here is always on about are [i]USA[/i] congregations. Some of us [i]aren't[/i] in the USA and [i]aren't[/i] looking at orders in the USA, and thus those websites aren't particularly helpful. A page like this from dmoz, however, is actually worldwide, and a sight moreso. Please try to be a little bit more positive.

PP

[quote name='be_thou_my_vision' post='1252133' date='Apr 22 2007, 01:52 AM']Check [url="http://dmoz.org/Society/Religion_and_Spirituality/Christianity/Denominations/Catholicism/Orders/Women's_Orders/Franciscans/"]THIS[/url] out! Franciscan communities from all around the world! WOW!
Have fun![/quote]

Thank you forsharing..........I cannot imagine that you are ever bored !!! :lol_sign:

cathoholic_anonymous

I second PP. It's always good to see directories of orders that aren't based in America. I used to be quite jealous of the American PMers as you all seem to have much more choice when it comes to religious communities. Now I've realised that there are several excellent communities in England and on the Continent that just don't get publicity, so I'm always glad to see them making an appearance. :)

puellapaschalis

[quote name='Cathoholic Anonymous' post='1252851' date='Apr 22 2007, 03:56 PM']I second PP. It's always good to see directories of orders that aren't based in America. I used to be quite jealous of the American PMers as you all seem to have much more choice when it comes to religious communities. Now I've realised that there are several excellent communities in England and on the Continent that just don't get publicity, so I'm always glad to see them making an appearance. :)[/quote]

Perhaps we ought to make more of an effort to help williamb in his efforts, especially with the websites that aren't in English.

PP

personally, I enjoy reading any websites that are around. I always seem to obtains something positive from it and so many times, with an open mind, I find a useful kernel or two of wisdom. It matters little to me if their habit is short or long, their hair shows, they pray in Dutch or hopscotch on Saturday night for fun. As to overseas websites, I look at them too with the same interest. We all need to remember that charity is foremost on this board.

Incarnate Word Postulant

I want to say that in a certain way I understand the sadness you feel when members of religious communities act against Church teachings. It is sad that by their actions they choose to not be in communion with the Church. However, as an individual I can not judge a whole community, a whole congregation, order, or council.

Do I pray for these people? I sure do, but I pray that God's will be done, not my own. I pray that their public actions of rebellion, or ignorance, or hurt, do not affect my heart. In the end, my vocation rests in God's hands.

I also want to say that when we have not lived in community it is very easy to idealize religious life. But religious life is hard! We are not perfect, whether we wear a habit or not. Let's ask ourselves what good it does to our vocations to rant in anger for the errors or suppossed errors of others? It is not good for our hearts. It is not good for our vocations. It is not good for our world.

I pray for each one of you, that you will love like Jesus and that you will use your youth and your fire for God, that you pray uncesantly and love with a love that never says enough .

I will not be coming back to phatmass. If anybody wants to write to me please do so at:
helgaleija@yahoo.com.mx or

Sr. Mary Helga
2930 S. Alameda
Corpus Christi, TX 78404

And remember to act justly, to love tenderly and to walk humbly with our God

be_thou_my_vision

[quote name='Incarnate Word Postulant' post='1253172' date='Apr 22 2007, 02:54 PM']I want to say that in a certain way I understand the sadness you feel when members of religious communities act against Church teachings. It is sad that by their actions they choose to not be in communion with the Church. However, as an individual I can not judge a whole community, a whole congregation, order, or council.

Do I pray for these people? I sure do, but I pray that God's will be done, not my own. I pray that their public actions of rebellion, or ignorance, or hurt, do not affect my heart. In the end, my vocation rests in God's hands.

I also want to say that when we have not lived in community it is very easy to idealize religious life. But religious life is hard! We are not perfect, whether we wear a habit or not. Let's ask ourselves what good it does to our vocations to rant in anger for the errors or suppossed errors of others? It is not good for our hearts. It is not good for our vocations. It is not good for our world.

I pray for each one of you, that you will love like Jesus and that you will use your youth and your fire for God, that you pray uncesantly and love with a love that never says enough .

I will not be coming back to phatmass. If anybody wants to write to me please do so at:
helgaleija@yahoo.com.mx or

Sr. Mary Helga
2930 S. Alameda
Corpus Christi, TX 78404

And remember to act justly, to love tenderly and to walk humbly with our God[/quote]
I will miss your charitable words and gentle presence on this phorum.
God Bless you, Sister.
Jenny

Edited by be_thou_my_vision

+

For Example (and forgive me if it sounds terse, I just want to present the material directly):

Let me tell you about the non-habited LCWR sisters in my diocese:

They sponsor the "NEW WAYS" conference, which is totally heretical
They host the V-Monologues, which is an affront to modesty, decency, and women's dignity
They sponsor pro- GLBT events on their campuses and parishes
They support women's "ordination" on their campuses and parishes
They advocate abortion
They support contraception on their campuses
They persist in liturgical abuses like giving homilies
They supress Eucharistic Adoration
The speak-out publically against the bishop, pope, and magisterium
They incite dissent
They laugh in the face of their disobedience

Do these sound like good religious sisters to you? (these sisters were linked above)

They are the Sisters of Saint Joseph of Carondelet
The Sisters of Saint Benedict of Saint Benedict Monastery in Maplewood, MN
The Sisters of Saint Benedict of the College of Saint Benedict
The Franciscan Sisters of Perpetual Adoration in LaCrosse, WI
The Franciscan Sisters of Little Falls
Others

In my extensive experience, faithful LCWR sisters are the EXCEPTION, not, the rule. This is a horrific sadness and a travesty. But let us call things by their proper names. Innocent young women should not be ignorant of the agendas of these communities and that is why I am naming them above. They are well-developed, extensive, and heretical. Again, they have "good intentions" in their disobedience, but this is not enough. Ill-formed consciences are not an excuse when one does not do the proper work to form them. Ultimately, we must defer to the teachings of the Church! Let us pray for a return to authentic religious life in the vein of CMSWR communities.

In an English interview given in 2003, Pope Benedict, then Josef Cardinal Ratzinger, Prefect of the Congregation of Divine Faith, stated the greatest danger to the Church today: Becoming merely a social institution. In other words, it is good to provide the corporal works of mercy, but it is not enough to merit the carte blanche acceptance of the LCWR and its members

Edited by Veritas

[quote name='csj' post='1252645' date='Apr 22 2007, 12:21 AM']Unfaithful? I looked at the list quickly and don't see any that are not in communion with the church. What makes you so sure that they are unfaithful, they are more conservative, more liberal then you? I'm sure they're more conservative or liberal then the Vatican, local diocese & members of thier own community. Yet none of them have deemed them unfaithful. What are you basing this on?

As a member of a community not in CMSWR, I am very offended by the implication you've made. Each community that is in communion with the church has many varied gifts to offer to God's world. I would not presume to judge anyone of them unfaithful.[/quote]

+

It is not a question of being "liberal" or "conservative" that is a usurpation of political ideology and political terms. Religious communities are either corporately, and individually among their members, faithful or unfaithful to the teachings of the Church. MANY of these communities are corporately and indivdividually, unfaithful.

Do you really want us to start pointing everthing out? The name of this phorum is PHATmass for Preaching Holy Apostolic Truth. There are a bunch of communities linked above, that aren't doing that.

I think it is great that we post communities within a wide range of spiritualities and with a wide range of apostolates from all over the world. However, all should be orthodox communities living and teaching inline with the Pope and the Magisterium. That is what Vocation Station is about.