An Old School Catholic Message Board

Question I Would Like To Ask A Catholic Too...

Budge

[quote]ctually, eradication isn't the right term. Protestants tend to hold a theology in which God "covers" their sins (as you yourself wrote) . The "pile of dung" remains, and these poor Protestants think of themselves as a pile of dung with a white sheet over it.[/quote]

Again you folks are getting JUSTIFICATION mixed up with SANCTIFICIATION.

I dont picture myself as dung, I just know the reason Im getting into heaven is the RIGHTEOUSNESS of Christ, not my own "righteouness" or my own "merits". I am JUSTIFIED in CHRIST. I am not going to be standing before God being judged on the law, having God measure my good deeds vs. my bad deeds to see if I am deserving of heaven. Im not deserving of heaven, that is why Jesus Christ died for me, and Gods loving grace for the FREE gift of salvation is why I am going to heaven.

That is Justificiation...I am getting in based on [b]HIS[/b] PERFECTION...

[u]Washing [/u]of sin, is [u]SANTIFICATION.[/u]..ie the Holy Spirit works on a Christian via chastisment, and more. They do not need a place called Purgatory to do it. One is to become a new creature in Christ...being changed in HIM.

The washing of sin is via Christ not via your own efforts, sacraments and seeking the treasury of merit of supposely holy people who went before you it is through the Holy Spirit.

Also the fact Catholics cant even trust in being justified in Christ, is worrisome, All of you live with the fear that one bad enough sin before you die, will mean you are forever lost.

Guest T-Bone

She doesn't want to answer your question. She'd have to admit that she has no idea what she's talking about if she did.

[quote]Ten people publically rejected Jesus and embraced Buddha.[/quote]

you don't need to reject Jesus to follow Buddha, that is out of one's own ignorance.

Guest T-Bone

[quote name='GloriaIesusChristi' post='1258401' date='Apr 27 2007, 06:26 PM']you don't need to reject Jesus to follow Buddha, that is out of one's own ignorance.[/quote]

Yes. It is out of one's own ignorance that you think one can serve two masters.

I can say Buddha has said some okay stuff, but nothing really that Christ hasn't already said/outsaid.
'Nuffsaid.

johnnydigit

[quote name='Budge' post='1256775' date='Apr 26 2007, 09:26 AM'][b][/b]

[mod]Hi, we don't link to anti-Catholic websites which misconstrue Catholic teaching and use strawman arguments to say that we believe that we earn salvation, which we don't believe. -Raphael[/mod]
[b][/b]

This is a great article, says in a better way what Catholics here all need to know.[/quote]

:lol_roll:

anywho, if i'm in mortal sin i know i'm going to hell unless i confess my sins and am absolved, or by God's grace he somehow forgives me at my moment of death (confession by desire in extreme circumstances?). otherwise, if i'm without mortal sin i know i'm good to go and will only be in purgatory, but will eventually be in heaven. I'M SAVED!

[quote]you don't need to reject Jesus to follow Buddha, that is out of one's own ignorance.[/quote]

Are you one of those Zen Buddhist Catholics?

The avatar's a hint;)

Anyhow Buddhism and Biblical Christianity are opposed.

Do you realize when you reach the ultimate goal of the Buddhist "Nirvana", your very personality and "who" you are ceases to exsist?

It is interesting to me how many of Satan's religions [the New Age teaches this as well] basically teach annihilation of the human soul in different forms.

I was going to answer your question earlier but had to get off computer.

Here's my example:

[quote]The pastor says, "How many of you are sure that you are saved?" Let's say 100,000 answer in the affirmative. They're REALLY sure. In their heart of hearts, they just know.[/quote]

Reciting the formula doesnt get you saved, its the state of your heart, being actually repentant and turning oneself over to Jesus Christ. There are people who may answer an altar call or recite the sinner's prayer and not truly been saved. If the Holy Spirit is not in them, if they are not truly children of God, they are not saved.

Chances are all the people you listed were never saved: Ie they showed no fruits of salvation. They did NOt become new creatures in Christ and if they were fire-bombing churchesm, rejecting Christ, joining Mormonism were serving Satan. Now a saved Christian can be in a state of severe sin, ie compromsing their Christian faith, but the Holy Spirit WILL be dealing with them.

Most of the senarios you list such as people totally renouncing Christ, and fire bombing churches show people with no evident fruits of salvation.

Guest T-Bone

[quote name='Budge' post='1258469' date='Apr 27 2007, 07:57 PM']I was going to answer your question earlier but had to get off computer.

Here's my example:
Reciting the formula doesnt get you saved, its the state of your heart, being actually repentant and turning oneself over to Jesus Christ. There are people who may answer an altar call or recite the sinner's prayer and not truly been saved. If the Holy Spirit is not in them, if they are not truly children of God, they are not saved.

Chances are all the people you listed were never saved: Ie they showed no fruits of salvation. They did NOt become new creatures in Christ and if they were fire-bombing churchesm, rejecting Christ, joining Mormonism were serving Satan. Now a saved Christian can be in a state of severe sin, ie compromsing their Christian faith, but the Holy Spirit WILL be dealing with them.

Most of the senarios you list such as people totally renouncing Christ, and fire bombing churches show people with no evident fruits of salvation.[/quote]

Nice try of dodging the question.

Now answer it, please.

Mateo el Feo

We're all waiting for the answer, Budge. In their heart of hearts, 100,000 people were really convinced they were saved. How many have assurance?

The answer is...

johnnydigit

[quote name='Budge' post='1258469' date='Apr 27 2007, 07:57 PM']Now a saved Christian can be in a state of severe sin, ie compromsing their Christian faith, but the Holy Spirit WILL be dealing with them.[/quote]

..in purgatory if they die right after?

a 20 year old does the altar call and is truely repentent. he becomes a good pastor until he's 50, then firebombs a church and dies. if he is not saved, he went through those 30 years of being a good pastor thinking he was saved but never was?

a 20 year old does the altar call and is truely repentent. at 21 he firebombs a church. he truely repents and becomes a good pastor for 50 years and dies. saved or not saved?

a 20 year old firebombs a church. he does an altar call and is truely repentent. he becomes a good pastor and dies at 50. saved because he repented and was forgiven his sins right?

so if 10 people make an altar call and are truely repentent, they all think they're saved, unless someone commits a severe sin in the future. so it's a mystery until it happens or until they die?

what kind of sin will make it so that you were never saved?

i thought you can commit any sin and still be saved? do you need to confess and repent again first? can you just commit sins your whole life until you think you're gonna die, then confess and repent?

sorry to sound so sarcastic, but i would really like to understand what the logic is..

Edited by johnnydigit

[quote name='johnnydigit' post='1258604' date='Apr 28 2007, 06:37 AM']..in purgatory if they die right after?[/quote]

She doesn't believe in the biblical doctrine of Purgatory. So they'd probably go directly to Hell. They would not pass GO, they would not collect $200.