An Old School Catholic Message Board

Bush Vetos Our Troops

catholicinsd

catholicinsd

Well I hope all ya'll are happy. Bush has sent our troops over there. Yet he vetos a bill that would give the nessecary funds. Also in that bill was the mimium wage increase. How can you people still support that man?

Guest T-Bone

How can you support congressional members that send a funding bill so laden with pork and other nonsense that they know it will get vetoed? (Instead of sending a relevant bill?)

homeschoolmom

[quote name='T-Bone' post='1262046' date='May 1 2007, 08:10 PM']How can you support congressional members that send a funding bill so laden with pork and other nonsense that they know it will get vetoed? (Instead of sending a relevant bill?)[/quote]
:clapping:

Catholicinsd, please address this question before you toss out anymore comments.

catholicinsd

This is a relevant bill. Bush choose the worse of what Republicans would consider two evils. Even he he doesn't agree with the pull-out clase, he must see that those under his command need this money.

desertwoman

well, they can over ride the veto if they have enough votes. I don't remember how many times its been done though. Once a veto is done, its usually over with.

homeschoolmom

They chose to load the bill up with so much pork that they knew Bush would not sign it. They did not want to send support to the troops. They wanted to make Bush look bad. (and if by some weird fluke he signed it, they would get all the pork, too.)

catholicinsd

So you people would rather ill-supply our troops, in the worst month for them this year, then supply them and bring the home to our soil? To me that sounds sadistic.

Sojourner

[quote name='catholicinsd' post='1262057' date='May 1 2007, 07:29 PM']So you people would rather ill-supply our troops, in the worst month for them this year, then supply them and bring the home to our soil? To me that sounds sadistic.[/quote]
Oh come on, that is not what people have said. Do you actually know anything about the bill that was passed and subsequently vetoed?

:rolleyes:

The Democrats love pork, the Republicans love pork; what a bunch of oinkers. The only one I've heard of who didn't do the pork-barrel thing was Sen. Coburn.

Sadly this is in many ways a win-win for both political parties. The Administration gets to tell its base that it put its foot down and vetoed the bill, and oh how heroic that is! The Democrats get to tell their anti-war base that they tried, but the mean, mean president ruined it all.

It's not too hard to identify the losers in this situation, either :(

Sojourner

[quote name='catholicinsd' post='1262069' date='May 1 2007, 07:51 PM']I know the importantr issues in the bill.[/quote]
That's like pointing to a single Bible verse and saying, "See, we're saved by faith alone!"

Context is everything when it comes to interpretation.

catholicinsd

[quote name='Terra Firma' post='1262073' date='May 1 2007, 08:54 PM']That's like pointing to a single Bible verse and saying, "See, we're saved by faith alone!"

Context is everything when it comes to interpretation.[/quote]

Well iether way Bush vetoed our troops who are in a war he started.

Sojourner

[quote name='catholicinsd' post='1262077' date='May 1 2007, 07:58 PM']Well iether way Bush vetoed our troops who are in a war he started.[/quote]
I think I figured out your plan! No matter what anyone says, you just write the same thing. You don't actually pay attention to the arguments people make, just post whatever you want to say.

I'm going to test this theory:

Tomatoes are red and juicy

catholicinsd

Ripe tomatoes are red, and should be juicy.

However, you can not refuke what I'm saying on this issue.