Sojourner Posted May 7, 2007 Posted May 7, 2007 (edited) Well I was just getting ready to turn out my light when I glanced over and saw a HUGE SPIDER DESCENDING FROM THE CEILING TO MY PILLOW. I am now officially not going to sleep tonight, even though I killed it. I mean, what if it has friends, and its evil friends come after me in the dark????? Edited May 7, 2007 by Terra Firma
Sojourner Posted May 7, 2007 Author Posted May 7, 2007 (edited) yum ... I think I'll note for the record that the reason I edited the opening post was that I messed up its/it's. Edited May 7, 2007 by Terra Firma
Paladin D Posted May 7, 2007 Posted May 7, 2007 I hate spiders... I may not be able to sleep tonight. Thanks a lot.
WillT Posted May 7, 2007 Posted May 7, 2007 [quote name='Terra Firma' post='1266583' date='May 6 2007, 11:55 PM']Well I was just getting ready to turn out my light when I glanced over and saw a HUGE SPIDER DESCENDING FROM THE CEILING TO MY PILLOW. I am now officially not going to sleep tonight, even though I killed it. I mean, what if it has friends, and its evil friends come after me in the dark????? [/quote] I went to high school with a guy who had a pet snake, and his older brother had a pet tarantula. He used to let the snake out so it could slither around and keep it's slim figure. Well, one night the snake was out for his evening jog and happened upon the unsuspecting tarantula. He ate it. So, the moral of the stry: buy a snake to eat all your spiders, especially tarantulas.
Sojourner Posted May 7, 2007 Author Posted May 7, 2007 [quote name='Paladin D' post='1266599' date='May 7 2007, 12:07 AM'] I hate spiders... I may not be able to sleep tonight. Thanks a lot.[/quote] EXACTLY the effect I was hoping for. I am going to need some company.
Sojourner Posted May 7, 2007 Author Posted May 7, 2007 [quote name='WillT' post='1266602' date='May 7 2007, 12:09 AM']I went to high school with a guy who had a pet snake, and his older brother had a pet tarantula. He used to let the snake out so it could slither around and keep it's slim figure. Well, one night the snake was out for his evening jog and happened upon the unsuspecting tarantula. He ate it. So, the moral of the stry: buy a snake to eat all your spiders, especially tarantulas. [/quote] snakes are creepy too though ... but thanks for the thought I think
MissScripture Posted May 7, 2007 Posted May 7, 2007 [quote name='Terra Firma' post='1266583' date='May 7 2007, 12:55 AM']Well I was just getting ready to turn out my light when I glanced over and saw a HUGE SPIDER DESCENDING FROM THE CEILING TO MY PILLOW. I am now officially not going to sleep tonight, even though I killed it. I mean, what if it has friends, and its evil friends come after me in the dark????? [/quote] And that is why I will not kill spiders! The evil friends and family scare me! (Unless the spider violates our treaty of staying off my things. If it crawls on me or my things, it's dead. It's allowed on the floor or wall or whatever, but not on my stuff or my person!)
Paladin D Posted May 7, 2007 Posted May 7, 2007 [quote name='Terra Firma' post='1266603' date='May 7 2007, 02:09 AM']EXACTLY the effect I was hoping for. I am going to need some company. [/quote] You [b]are[/b] evil. Wanna have dinner?
Sojourner Posted May 7, 2007 Author Posted May 7, 2007 [quote name='MissScripture' post='1266625' date='May 7 2007, 12:54 AM']And that is why I will not kill spiders! The evil friends and family scare me! (Unless the spider violates our treaty of staying off my things. If it crawls on me or my things, it's dead. It's allowed on the floor or wall or whatever, but not on my stuff or my person!)[/quote] I have a similar treaty with spiders, but a little more stringent: they die if I can see them. Especially if they are dangling right above my pillow!!!! Clearly he was plotting an offensive action and had to die. [quote name='Paladin D' post='1266629' date='May 7 2007, 01:01 AM']You [b]are[/b] evil. Wanna have dinner? [/quote] Sure! You come bye MN anytime and I will cook you dinner. It's an open invite!
Theologian in Training Posted May 7, 2007 Posted May 7, 2007 [quote name='Terra Firma' post='1266583' date='May 7 2007, 01:55 AM']Well I was just getting ready to turn out my light when I glanced over and saw a HUGE SPIDER DESCENDING FROM THE CEILING TO MY PILLOW. I am now officially not going to sleep tonight, even though I killed it. I mean, what if it has friends, and its evil friends come after me in the dark????? [/quote] What's the worst that can happen? You will become like Peter Parker except you will be the first Spidergirl Kirsten Dunst (Mary Jane..wonder how the author of Spiderman came up with that name ) has met her match!
Thy Geekdom Come Posted May 7, 2007 Posted May 7, 2007 [url="http://www.foxnews.com/wires/2007May06/0,4670,ODDSpiderBoy,00.html"]http://www.foxnews.com/wires/2007May06/0,4...iderBoy,00.html[/url]
Luthien Posted May 7, 2007 Posted May 7, 2007 [quote name='Raphael' post='1266755' date='May 7 2007, 12:54 PM'][url="http://www.foxnews.com/wires/2007May06/0,4670,ODDSpiderBoy,00.html"]http://www.foxnews.com/wires/2007May06/0,4...iderBoy,00.html[/url][/quote]
Thy Geekdom Come Posted May 7, 2007 Posted May 7, 2007 [quote name='Luthien' post='1266780' date='May 7 2007, 10:19 AM'][/quote] I know. Is that gross or what?
prose Posted May 7, 2007 Posted May 7, 2007 I read the first sentence of that and almost screamed. .... shivers.... :faint: THEY NEED A FAINT SMILIE!!
Sojourner Posted May 7, 2007 Author Posted May 7, 2007 [quote name='Theologian in Training' post='1266726' date='May 7 2007, 09:13 AM']What's the worst that can happen? You will become like Peter Parker except you will be the first Spidergirl Kirsten Dunst (Mary Jane..wonder how the author of Spiderman came up with that name ) has met her match![/quote] Well ... it could forgive my unpleasant disposition and I would die. That would be the worst. Of course, then maybe I would be on my way to be with Jesus which wouldn't be so bad ... [quote name='Raphael' post='1266755' date='May 7 2007, 09:54 AM'][url="http://www.foxnews.com/wires/2007May06/0,4670,ODDSpiderBoy,00.html"]http://www.foxnews.com/wires/2007May06/0,4...iderBoy,00.html[/url][/quote] is right!! That is nasty! [quote name='prose' post='1266898' date='May 7 2007, 12:46 PM']I read the first sentence of that and almost screamed. .... shivers.... :faint: THEY NEED A FAINT SMILIE!![/quote] Indeed! I was looking for one last night ... the closest was ascension (implying that I was scared out of my skin).
MIKolbe Posted May 7, 2007 Posted May 7, 2007 [img]http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n129/corsetti3/spider.jpg[/img]
Sojourner Posted May 7, 2007 Author Posted May 7, 2007 (edited) [quote name='MIkolbe' post='1266936' date='May 7 2007, 01:11 PM'][img]http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n129/corsetti3/spider.jpg[/img][/quote] OK there is just not a smiley that comes close to expressing the revulsion I now feel ... Edited May 7, 2007 by Terra Firma
Archaeology cat Posted May 7, 2007 Posted May 7, 2007 [quote name='WillT' post='1266602' date='May 7 2007, 06:09 AM']I went to high school with a guy who had a pet snake, and his older brother had a pet tarantula. He used to let the snake out so it could slither around and keep it's slim figure. Well, one night the snake was out for his evening jog and happened upon the unsuspecting tarantula. He ate it. So, the moral of the stry: buy a snake to eat all your spiders, especially tarantulas. [/quote] I tried to get my roommates to follow this logic because there was a mouse in the apartment, and they wouldn't let me have my cat. Unfortunately they didn't go for it, but I really wanted to get a pet snake! [quote name='Raphael' post='1266755' date='May 7 2007, 03:54 PM'][url="http://www.foxnews.com/wires/2007May06/0,4670,ODDSpiderBoy,00.html"]http://www.foxnews.com/wires/2007May06/0,4...iderBoy,00.html[/url][/quote] And yeah, that's just horrible. I saw that earlier today. Not cool.
MissScripture Posted May 7, 2007 Posted May 7, 2007 [quote name='Terra Firma' post='1266671' date='May 7 2007, 07:58 AM']I have a similar treaty with spiders, but a little more stringent: they die if I can see them. Especially if they are dangling right above my pillow!!!! Clearly he was plotting an offensive action and had to die. [/quote] See, that would be a violation of my treaty, too, because he is obviously going to try to crawl on me or my things. Dangling is close enough to touching that it will not be tolerated.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now